Sign in to follow this  
Newton

New Technical Director & Manager

Surely both appointments do not have to be made at the same time ?

I can undertsand one being delayed but both dragging on ?

This is getting laughable, the board are doing themselves no favours by constantly saying it is nearly tied up, give it a week, give it a couple of days. Both have passed and still nothing.

The board needn''t have set the deadline of ''within a week''. I have no problem whatsoever with it taking longer, but just think why set the deadline in the first place, then not meet it because it makes it look like there''s a problem, perhaps when there''s not even a problem.

At a time when the board are under the spotlight, why would they set themselves a silly deadline, then not meet it. Perhaps signs (I might be wrong) that we are losing our way a little bit.

[quote user="YellowNets1901"]The board needn''t have set the deadline of ''within a week''. I have no problem whatsoever with it taking longer, but just think why set the deadline in the first place, then not meet it because it makes it look like there''s a problem, perhaps when there''s not even a problem.

At a time when the board are under the spotlight, why would they set themselves a silly deadline, then not meet it. Perhaps signs (I might be wrong) that we are losing our way a little bit.[/quote]Agree with that Nets, the wait isn''t a problem, it''s the fact that the board set a deadline and haven''t met it.  In a season full of disasters this just looks like another balls up when it probably isn''t.  Not good for PR.

Exactly. Don''t mind the wait at all, just want them to make the right decision, but don''t state a deadline publicly, then not meet it by a few days because it just looks a bit poor.

McNally, for all the brilliant things he''s done here, has been quite surprising over the past 12 months. You get the impression some of what''s gone on at the club wouldn''t have happened 3 years ago.

Calm down all. I am sure they had the best intentions of appointing by the end of the week. For what ever reason, be it change of people available or the most desired being more tricky to sort out than first thought, it has not happened.

Like the good board they are they came onto the radio and discussed it with the fans and stated a few days. A few is relative, it means more than 2 days but less than a week, so they have not missed the second deadline they have set themselves.

If it goes past this deadline, so be it, as long as we are all happy with the people coming in to play better football and get us back in the premiership at the first time of asking.

I do understand your points, but why put a deadline on yourself when you don''t really need to. It raises expectations, the board are already under the spotlight, it was a needless thing to do. Not meeting the deadline, whatever anyone says, does look a bit poor, ill-prepared, unprofessional.

I''ve got no problem whatsoever with waiting, we all just want the right man, but it does annoy me when deadlines are set and not met, especially when they put that deadline on themselves completely needlessly.

[quote user="Ginja"]It''ll be done when it''s done, quit whining.[/quote]Alright touchy; I don''t think anyone is whining here.

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="Ginja"]It''ll be done when it''s done, quit whining.[/quote]Alright touchy; I don''t think anyone is whining here.[/quote]
"In a season full of disasters this just looks like another balls up"
"This is getting laughable"
"Not meeting the deadline, whatever anyone says, does look a bit poor, ill-prepared, unprofessional."
Sounds like moaning and whining to me. Patience is a virtue.

[quote user="Ginja"][quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="Ginja"]It''ll be done when it''s done, quit whining.[/quote]Alright touchy; I don''t think anyone is whining here.[/quote]
"In a season full of disasters this just looks like another balls up"
"This is getting laughable"
"Not meeting the deadline, whatever anyone says, does look a bit poor, ill-prepared, unprofessional."
Sounds like moaning and whining to me. Patience is a virtue.
[/quote]Quotes taken out of context, well done.

[quote user="YellowNets1901"]Just having a discussion, Ginja. Not everything has to end up in a petty squabble, friend.[/quote]
If you say so friend, but it sounds like moaning to me and we''ve had a season of moaning and bashing, so forgive me if I''m a little tired of it.

It begins to look as if they had a manager in mind at the outset, and were confident of "landing" him, but either he is keeping them waiting, or else his demands required considerable negotiations, including who was to have the other closely related posts.

So it may be that they have given up on the favourite, whoever he was, and have had to go down the short list or even approach other men.

It surely can''t be allowed to drag on much longer, or the new manager will not have time to assess the present squad and then enter the market for Bosmans and released players.

Is there someone all along who has requested the various players we have apparently been linked with - must be six or eight by now?

We''re starting to look like Wolves now.

[quote user="Wiz"]We''re starting to look like Wolves now.[/quote]
Well the king of moaning and whining has arrived [;)]
Have you put a bet on Adams yet Wiz? [:P]

Mcnally is developing a habbit of saying the wrong things ie "relegation is worse than death" and now this deadline thing when really he should have said nothing and just got on with his job.

It''s not just the manager and technical director though is it? Norwich also need an assistant manager, first team coach and more than likely a new head of recruitment. Maybe the club have their man for manager but are just trying to tie up all the loose ends for everyone else. Would certainly go along with the ''complex'' quote Delia gave.

Or everything is done and they are just enjoying watching all you guys on here squabble over the meaning of ''a few'' and are watching the betting going back and forth waiting for a good moment to lump on a load of cash and make enough money to pay the compensation for the new manager.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

Or everything is done and they are just enjoying watching all you guys on here squabble over the meaning of ''a few'' and are watching the betting going back and forth waiting for a good moment to lump on a load of cash and make enough money to pay the compensation for the new manager.

[/quote]

The market on Skybet only allows bets of up to £2k though, yet more terrible business by McNally [;)]