Sign in to follow this  
ref89

Have the board caused the delay?

It really looks to me from the initial club statement that they had already talked to someone. There can be no other explanation for the confidence of the "within a week" promise.If you were that someone, and you saw the people you were negotiating with put a self-imposed time limit on things to the fans, what would you do.A.  Sign up immediately.B. Play a waiting game so you can come back in asking for more as the pressure builds.That would explain the odd damage limitation exercise on radio bumpkin the other morning and it would explain the lack of a new manager.

It''s all a conspiracy I tell ya.@#$&% €£÷×

I cannot think that McNally would have made the comment about appointing within a week unless he thought he had someone (maybe more than one someone) lined up to take the job. Anything else would be stupid, and whatever one''s views of him, he doesn''t come across as that.

It follows that we have been turned down (Lennon? Zola? Hoddle?). Maybe more than once. I suspect we may all need to get used to the idea that we are no longer as attractive a proposition as we may once have been and those hoping for the likes of Lennon may need to prepare for disappointment.

If the options are to rush appoint someone or take a little extra time to get the right man, in the process pi55ing off all the "tin foil hat brigade" that will moan at the appointment anyway, then I''ll take the latter.

It''s a pain, but it''s important we get it right

And there is a chain, I suspect Sam allardyce keeping his job yesterday has opened things up again now

These things take time. It was stupid of the board to make a stupid statement, if no-one was in place, to a bunch of fickle fans who take everything at face value.Hopefully the longer time goes on we will get the right man/men.

Not one of you answered the question.  Why, because you all chose B.Then dismissed it as "conspiracy".

Stop over thinking it.

Get on with your life pal, they''ll announce it when they''re ready.