Sign in to follow this  
Moosheep

McNally's Salary

Yesterday McNally said that all senior staff at the club had relegation clauses that would see their salaries cut (halved?) upon relagation. Does anyone know if that includes his own? His basic salary last season (12/13) was £773,000, although that was more than doubled through bonuses.

Moo

I don''t think he would have even mentioned it, were he not included.

1.5 million a year for someone that can''t even identify a manager in January to replace a massively failing one.

Its a hard cut throat world that football industry. He must be struggling without his 750k bonus this year to pay the bills!

Fair play to him for what he did with Lambert, but since then and if he appoints Malky then I am seriously losing faith.

If he leaves because we cut his sal we are a dead duck

He is very clearly the only one who knows what he is doing (on the football side)

[quote user="Moosheep"]Yesterday McNally said that all senior staff at the club had relegation clauses that would see their salaries cut (halved?) upon relagation. Does anyone know if that includes his own? His basic salary last season (12/13) was £773,000, although that was more than doubled through bonuses.

Moo
[/quote]

Was his basic salary £773,000 or did that include a bonus?

YellowFC,

If he leaves he will probably be replaced by someone else with similar knoweledge.

IMO he is damn good at what he does, which is come in to get things sorted, I''m not sure his expertise is in maintaining the success he has built. There may be better ouit there to handle this and DM moves on to another ''project'' which suits his expertise.

[quote user="GPB"]

Was his basic salary £773,000 or did that include a bonus?

[/quote]

That was his basic. His bonuses for 12/13 were £867,000. I guess (would hope) that they will be somewhat less than that this season! 

We will all be prying for divine intervention if he moves on

Only one with any football brains on that board

Because we left with indecisive Delia and will revert back to employing managers who are out of work because they are cheap or because she likes them

With eventual relegation to League 1

Do u have a short memory

I think McNally has an important role to play in the clubs future and that will hopefully mean a swift return to the PL. It is right that someone in such a senior position is well rewarded for his success but he also has to share his part of the failure when it happens. I think he is the right person for the role - but I don''t buy any suggestion that he is irreplaceable. We all like to think that we are important in our jobs, but having worked in large and successful organisations myself, the times when someone leaves or retires and people say he / she is "irreplaceable" and then months later the replacement is seen as an upgrade. It doesn''t always happen of course but my point is if McNally left it''s not a given that any replacement would be worse.

[quote user="he likes paella "]Moosheep you are wrong

His basic is approx £250k and the rest he earns is through bonus - get your facts right before putting false accusations on here.

And mine is fact.[/quote]So aggressive!!My source is here - http://www.norwich.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=340096 - which seems to be backed up here - http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/apr/18/premier-league-finances-club-by-club. I apologise for not stating them in my original post. Where did you get you £250k figure from?  But regardless of the figure involved I was just interested in whether McNally had the same relegation clause in his contract. I am actually a McNally fan btw, and I am not accusing him of anything!

Moo

Seems some have difficulty understanding the concept of a fact.

Per audited account 673k basic for 13 months and 976k bonus for financial targets and retaining premier status - not surprising that CH went after the WBA game

River end canary is not very bright if he believes his post - another fact

If its c£700k basi, that''s still far below our under performing players basic pay.

Who on the permanent staff was VFM this season then? Cant be any of the players. Must only be looking at ticket office and groundstaff

Some very short memories on the messageboard, DmcN has been the driving/controlling force at the helm of our club since he came,and look what a decent job he''s done. Jeesus wept he even predicted a posssible relegation from the prem in his plan for the future, we''re just ahead of schedule, that''s all. Sure,its nothing to celebrate (the relegation) but over the last few years the progress has been little short of outstanding, ...debt free , grade1 academy, international players in green and yellow. the man has earnt his crust, which incidentally is about the same as lot of what the players earnt.

The Report and Accounts year end 30.6.13 (page 13) state under Notes to Annual Report - Directors Remuneration

Total and Highest Paid Director

Aggregate emoluments and benefits 2013 £1,640,000

Includes a performance related bonus of £867,000 (2012 : £967,000) for achieving financial targets in the period and retention of premier league staus

I know facts are dull but there you go....

[quote user="he likes paella "] His basic is approx £250k and the rest he earns is through bonus - get your facts right before putting false accusations on here. And mine is fact.[/quote]

Obviously not. [;)]

Wow! I bet he wants to crowbar Hughton to think that he could be losing 500-600k this coming year if half of his previous pay was based on prem survival.

Love or hate your club/job that''s a huge incentive to get things right.

Without him & with Delia making the decisions we would now be in League 2

Is that what u would prefer ?

[quote user="River End Canary"]Getting shot of the hapless fool would be a big cost saving straight away.

When Doomcaster got us relegated he got the chop why not hapless mcnasty?[/quote]

Because he''s the CEO who steered us from League One to three seasons in the Premier League in the first place.

[quote user="River End Canary"]Getting shot of the hapless fool would be a big cost saving straight away. When Doomcaster got us relegated he got the chop why not hapless mcnasty?[/quote]

Well well well, Chief Executives are the reason football clubs get relegated-and there was me thinking it was the fault of the players and management.

Mind you, with your reasoning, if DMN is the reason we were relegated, he is also the reason we were promoted which means that Lambert had nothing to do with.

I know you''re a troll and a supporter of another team, but do try to be reasonably mediocre with the trolling at least...

I am shocked and angry at some of the negativity directed at McNally, how short peoples memories are! This club has come so far under his leadership, Ok, we know that Hughton should have been sacked earlier in the season, hindsight is a wonderful thing. Wrong decision made for the right reasons.

McNally is one vote on a board of 6 - in Jan he alone could not have decided to sack Hoots - the rest of the board must shoulder the blame