Sign in to follow this  
Robert Barnes

If and when

When we get our new manager in. What will be his first deal for the club getting new players in or getting rid of some players that we have. If its the get rid off who will be gone ?

Don''t know what is viable with regards to transfer funds, I don''t think masses but i''d very quickly get in either Deeney (more fee, less wages) or Ameobi (no fee but big wages and no resale value). They would spearhead our attack and compete with Becchio in a 4-4-2 big man little man side.

I''d probably try retain Hooper and maybe even RvW at least until January and establish which of them two (if either) could play a role.

Next purchase would be a powerful, mobile centre back. I''d renew Turner and he''d compete with Bennett and i''d get a guy in to challenge Bassong and then promptly fire a rocket up his ar5e reminding him how good he can be but he''s miles away at the moment hence the new buy.

I''d try keep as many of the side from last season with Wes and Pilks on the leavers list, but a lot of that would depend on the market availability. If the better names have to go, i''d try keep hold of them in this order:

Hooper, Redmond, Ruddy, Olsson, Fer, Snodgrass, Tettey, RvW. There isn''t much in them though, I think we''ll be building round them guys.

Fox would be allowed to leave, he''ll have gone ring rusty now and needs a new start. Becchio gets at least until January and a fair crack of the whip versus Ameobi/ Deeney as there will be more games to use them all. If he too proves to have dropped, then Loza will return after half a season away on loan and fill the gap.

My third and final signing (after the Target man and the Centre back) would be a loan from one of the top premiership teams, a bit of a flair player, someone to replace Wes and provide plan B. Someone like when we got Pacheco in. Perhaps someone like Nick Powell.

Any more buys would depend on who left with equivalents brought in in case existing players are sold.

Why? He''s a young lad with a lot of passion. He''s probably grown up a bit since then too. He''d teach Ricky a thing or two about getting stuck in as well!