Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

Portman King, what you think we need

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Not defending or attacking, I asked him a football related question, got a football related answer.[/quote]

You got an answer that whiffs of bin.

This is one of the most embarrassing threads I''ve seen in a while.

Let''s ask the Championship long-stayers, oh, and our rivals at that - what a scum fan thinks WE need to get promoted? The answers fairly obvious- the opposite to whatever Ipswich have.

I''m glad City 1st is back to put some of these binners back in their place.

I bet all the scum fans over on TWTD are pissing themselves looking at some of our resident forum members let Ipswich fans into our forums with open arms.

Embarrassing, cringeworthy and very very tinpot Jimmy!

I suspect this Cort_Wanking is not the original Cortwanking, but possibly a City fan attempting a wind up.It is not unknownA dear friend of mine posted as a binner many, many years ago - though unfortunately the more stupid he posted (to sound like a binner) the more City fans believed he was from suffolk

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Not defending or attacking, I asked him a football related question, got a football related answer.[/quote]I admire your open mindedness Jimmy. The best way to put it to the test is to sit in the Barclay when we play the scum and if they were to score a thirty yard screamer, stand up and applaud it. Show those around you how to be fair minded.......

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"][quote user="CDMullins"]Jimmy Smith has become the most tedious, pointless poster, he actually makes me miss ''Ginger Pele'' and ''I am a Banana''[/quote]

Valid contribution to the debate, thanks CD...

Anyway, i''ve no idea about Portman_Kings finances, I suggest the team he supports hasn''t got the financial clout needed to get that special one or two players through the door they need to mount a serious promotion challenge. I think he''s bang on about the need for a striker to pivot our attacks round though.

Even if he is an Ip5w1ch fan, he has contributed a lot more constructive debate than some of you ''fans'' on here, is there really nothing better to do than go on the internet and post mindless insults? Why don''t we save it for derby week and our games against Leeds and Wolves!

Perhaps the ultimate in humiliation could happen and RvW could break his 24 hour goal drought against the scum![/quote]Thats my point....Nothing here to debate, just another one of your pointless brain farts which for some reason seem to warrant a new thread every 2 minutes.

What? All two i''ve started on the front page?

Obviously i''m not going to start applauding Ipswich scoring at FCR, wouldn''t expect them to do the same but it doesn''t mean I can''t talk a bit of football with their fans. Some people here need to grow up!

Not defending or attacking, I asked him a football related question, got a football related answer.

You got an answer that whiffs of bin.

Need to replace Holt who was good for us and Bradley Johnson is a liability. Seems to talk quite a bit of sense actually.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Need to replace Holt who was good for us and Bradley Johnson is a liability. Seems to talk quite a bit of sense actually.[/quote]

And you really need to engage a Scummer to point out the bleedin'' obvious to you ? They are crawling all over this board and you are encouraging them. [:@][:''(]

If you want to mix and are happy to talk to Scummers via the internet there is a website run locally which is more than happy to entertain Binners as well as city fans. Mind you the moderators are more active than those responsible for this site. [;)]

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Well I am not surrounded by scum fans admittedly, so I have barely had a word from them, but fair play to the guy if he wants to come here and talk football rather than post spammy mindless abuse. Have to admit Leeds fans annoy me more, they are baying for my blood this season! Quite funny really! He isn''t lauding anything over us and gave some good answers to my question. Lets face it, we are not celtic and rangers and I am glad of that because all that religious nonsense is a joke! I''d far rather a friendly rivalry than have us killing each other over a bit of footy.[/quote]

I cannot believe what I''ve just read there, Jimmy. And if you think our rivalry with Ipshite ''isn''t really anything'' compared to Celtic/Rangers then you don''t have a clue - That is the speak of an outsider looking in.

[quote user="Alex "][quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Well I am not surrounded by scum fans admittedly, so I have barely had a word from them, but fair play to the guy if he wants to come here and talk football rather than post spammy mindless abuse. Have to admit Leeds fans annoy me more, they are baying for my blood this season! Quite funny really! He isn''t lauding anything over us and gave some good answers to my question. Lets face it, we are not celtic and rangers and I am glad of that because all that religious nonsense is a joke! I''d far rather a friendly rivalry than have us killing each other over a bit of footy.[/quote]

I cannot believe what I''ve just read there, Jimmy. And if you think our rivalry with Ipshite ''isn''t really anything'' compared to Celtic/Rangers then you don''t have a clue - That is the speak of an outsider looking in.[/quote]

Where did I say ''isn''t really anything''?

All I said is that our rivalry is not Celtic and Rangers who take things too far with the whole death threats and religion getting in the way. It''s football for christs sake, not war! I''d keep it how it is with the laughing at each other when one of us wins/ gets relegated/ promoted than start stabbing each other and making death threats.

And people wonder why england fans still get a bad name sometimes?

The rivalry between Celtic and Rangers is a social problem and goes far deeper than football, which is just another manifestaion of that problemAs to Cortwan King, I suspect he is not the original binner and is just here on a wind up.For any reasoned debate there has be be certain levels of agreement. With the paupers that is nigh on impossible. Check back on the stuff posted when we were last in the Championship and you will see a level of ignorance that I don''t doubt still exists that side of the border.They have no debt, Evans is not an asset stripper, they did not steal money or defraud the taxman (you might just has well try to have a discussion with Ronnie Biggs about crime whilst he still denied that he was ever involved in any serious crime). The gulf is now so vast (more than at anytime) that anything other than general chit chat about the wider football world is pointless.For me their thoughts have about as much credibility as some backing singer for Brotherhood of Man stood outside the performer''s gate at Glastonbury bleating about how they once had a number one hit, were on Top of the Pops and starred in the Eurovision Song Contest. That they are stood outside the gate says it all.A backward (in all senses) looking bunch of failing hasbins.

It was not meant to be a direct quote, Jimmy - more me reading between the lines of what you said about Celtic/Rangers, as if our rivalry with Ipshite is second rate or something. If you came from Norwich you would ''feel it'', no disrespect but coming from Leeds or wherever you probably don''t understand it at all, you don''t just turn on the hatred of the scum on derby weeks! That sounds like pseudo rivalry to me.

Interesting question jimmy, and I always welcome a different perspective even if I don''t always agree with it.

In this case he seems to know more about us than I know about the :-)