Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

Portman King, what you think we need

As you are here to talk about NCFC and you have had the pleasure of football league footy the last few seasons, what do you think we need to get back up? What manager and what players?

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]As you are here to talk about NCFC and you have had the pleasure of football league footy the last few seasons, what do you think we need to get back up? What manager and what players?[/quote]I think you need a focal point in attack (which you''ve lost since Holt).Depending on who you sell over the summer you''re likely to need some creativity in midfield too otherwise the likes of Johnson and Tettey are likely to be too workmanlike. Pace is generally what has differentiated the top sides from the rest in the last few seasons. Leicester had players like Vardy, Dyer and Nugent who could really hurt teams on the break, as do Derby who have made the playoff final.In terms of manager - if I was a NCFC fan I''d be wanting someone with a completely new perspective, one that''s never set foot in the club and has the balls to shake things up. I.e. not Mackay...

Why are you asking him what it takes to get promoted from the Championship, they''ve been there longer than anyone else.

[quote user="TCCANARY"]

Why are you asking him what it takes to get promoted from the Championship, they''ve been there longer than anyone else.

[/quote]Regardless of whether or not Ipswich have had what it takes to go up, I know the ingredients of a good side in the second tier.Getting rid of anyone who''s not 110% committed to the cause is also crucial. It''s the most gruelling league in the world and you need everyone pulling in the same direction - which Mick McCarthy has started to achieve here across the border.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]As you are here to talk about NCFC and you have had the pleasure of football league footy the last few seasons, what do you think we need to get back up? What manager and what players?[/quote]FFS. [:@] [:@] [:@]

[quote user="portman_king"][quote user="TCCANARY"]

[/quote]

Getting rid of anyone who''s not 110% committed to the cause is also crucial. It''s the most gruelling league in the world and you need everyone pulling in the same direction .
[/quote]

We kind of already knew that, it''s what we did when we got promoted.

Useful to get a rivals point of view. I''d agree we''ve missed Holt (or more missed a suitable replacement). I think that most Championship promotions are built on having a focal point up front, either on his own or in a two with one running off.

I''m not sure what I make of having Johnson as first choice next year, his energy will be good

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Useful to get a rivals point of view. I''d agree we''ve missed Holt (or more missed a suitable replacement). I think that most Championship promotions are built on having a focal point up front, either on his own or in a two with one running off. I''m not sure what I make of having Johnson as first choice next year, his energy will be good[/quote]

His points were about as useful as a chocolate fireguard.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Useful to get a rivals point of view. I''d agree we''ve missed Holt (or more missed a suitable replacement). I think that most Championship promotions are built on having a focal point up front, either on his own or in a two with one running off.

I''m not sure what I make of having Johnson as first choice next year, his energy will be good[/quote]Someone like Ulloa, Deeney or Doyle would give you someone to lead the line. Whether you''d splash out that much on the former two remains to be seen.Johnson is one of your players who I really don''t rate. 1 good shot in 100, dismal range of passing and seems to just go around collecting needless bookings.

What we need to do to get promoted from this league is to do a full, in depth analysis of what Ipswich has done in the last 10 years and then do the complete opposite.

Jimmy Smith has become the most tedious, pointless poster, he actually makes me miss ''Ginger Pele'' and ''I am a Banana''

[quote user="TCCANARY"]

[/quote]

Surely that puts him in the best position to say what it takes to get promoted, they''ve seen so many other teams do it whilst marching past them!

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Useful to get a rivals point of view.[/quote]How on earth can a binner''s point of view be "useful"?

[quote user="cornish sam"][quote user="TCCANARY"]

[/quote]

Surely that puts him in the best position to say what it takes to get promoted, they''ve seen so many other teams do it whilst marching past them!

[/quote]

But then you''d expect them to learn from this experience and do what the others have done, I wonder why they haven''t?

[quote user="cornish sam"][quote user="TCCANARY"]

[/quote]

[/quote]Precisely. We''ve seen all too many teams with all the right ingredients while we''ve always been ''one or two enhancements'' away from being that finished article ourselves.What I would say is that in the last few seasons many sides have struggled with playing at home as lots of teams simply haven''t had the creativity to break down teams that set up with a solid 4-4-2 or 4-5-1 and eventually get picked off on the break. The biggest battle is turning your place into a fortress that teams fear. We had it for a few seasons with Magilton but under Keane and Jewell we had next to no backbone. McCarthy''s home record seems to be much better and that''s led to us appearing in the top 10 again.

“Johnson is one of your players who I really don''t rate. 1 good shot in

100, dismal range of passing and seems to just go around collecting needless

bookings.”

Actually guys this one seems to

know what he’s talking about, it’s like he’s actually seen Johnson play or

something…

[quote user="portman_king"][quote user="cornish sam"][quote user="TCCANARY"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

we''ve always been ''one or two enhancements'' away from being that finished article ourselves.

[/quote]

What you mean is that you can''t afford the players that you need to get promoted, your skint.

[quote user="TCCANARY"][quote user="portman_king"][quote user="cornish sam"][quote user="TCCANARY"]

[/quote]

[/quote] we''ve always been ''one or two enhancements'' away from being that finished article ourselves.

[/quote]

What you mean is that you can''t afford the players that you need to get promoted, your skint.

[/quote]What I mean is we made the wrong purchases, the wrong managerial appointments, the works.We''re not skint. Our owner has bankrolled the club, and continues to do so. The only way he will see a return from his investment is if we do get back into the top flight, subject to the terms of the deal when he took on the previous external debt.

[quote user="portman_king"][quote user="TCCANARY"][quote user="portman_king"][quote user="cornish sam"][quote user="TCCANARY"]

[/quote]

[/quote] we''ve always been ''one or two enhancements'' away from being that finished article ourselves.

[/quote]

[/quote]What I mean is we made the wrong purchases, the wrong managerial appointments, the works.We''re not skint. Our owner has bankrolled the club, and continues to do so. The only way he will see a return from his investment is if we do get back into the top flight, subject to the terms of the deal when he took on the previous external debt.[/quote]

..."though we are nearly £100m in debt we have no money for transfers and we are having to cut the wage bill, againand our income has dropped every season as has our gates and season tickets sales we even had to hand over our training groundand we can''t even afford Cat 1 academy and are hoping the jumble sales and raffles will raise the money................... but we are not skint "

oh dearoh dearie me, poor old paupers

[quote user="CDMullins"]Jimmy Smith has become the most tedious, pointless poster, he actually makes me miss ''Ginger Pele'' and ''I am a Banana''[/quote]

Valid contribution to the debate, thanks CD...

Anyway, i''ve no idea about Portman_Kings finances, I suggest the team he supports hasn''t got the financial clout needed to get that special one or two players through the door they need to mount a serious promotion challenge. I think he''s bang on about the need for a striker to pivot our attacks round though.

Even if he is an Ip5w1ch fan, he has contributed a lot more constructive debate than some of you ''fans'' on here, is there really nothing better to do than go on the internet and post mindless insults? Why don''t we save it for derby week and our games against Leeds and Wolves!

Perhaps the ultimate in humiliation could happen and RvW could break his 24 hour goal drought against the scum!

or perhaps you could ask your ''mate'' why he was banned in the first place ?posting ''mindless insults'', perhaps

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"][quote user="CDMullins"]Jimmy Smith has become the most tedious, pointless poster, he actually makes me miss ''Ginger Pele'' and ''I am a Banana''[/quote]

Valid contribution to the debate, thanks CD...

Anyway, i''ve no idea about Portman_Kings finances, I suggest the team he supports hasn''t got the financial clout needed to get that special one or two players through the door they need to mount a serious promotion challenge. I think he''s bang on about the need for a striker to pivot our attacks round though.

Even if he is an Ip5w1ch fan, he has contributed a lot more constructive debate than some of you ''fans'' on here, is there really nothing better to do than go on the internet and post mindless insults? Why don''t we save it for derby week and our games against Leeds and Wolves!

Perhaps the ultimate in humiliation could happen and RvW could break his 24 hour goal drought against the scum![/quote]

Save it for derby week?

I hate them every day of every week.

You just don''t get it, do you Jimmy? You seem quite removed from the rivalry, almost like an outsider looking in who doesn''t really understand it.

Well I am not surrounded by scum fans admittedly, so I have barely had a word from them, but fair play to the guy if he wants to come here and talk football rather than post spammy mindless abuse. Have to admit Leeds fans annoy me more, they are baying for my blood this season! Quite funny really! He isn''t lauding anything over us and gave some good answers to my question. Lets face it, we are not celtic and rangers and I am glad of that because all that religious nonsense is a joke! I''d far rather a friendly rivalry than have us killing each other over a bit of footy.

"but fair play to the guy if he wants to come here and talk football rather than post spammy mindless abuse"

so why was he banned in the first place ?have you not read his previous bin sh ite ?as to a ''friendly rivalry'' then you could not have been at poorman road on April 2011 when hundreds of over excited suffolk farmhands violently tried to stop City fans getting to the game

Not bothered read his previous posts, I''m not really interested. Of course there are fans that take it that bit too far on match day, there is at every ground. I suggest it''s the only time they get to express themselves as they probably spend the rest of the week under the thumb with an ugly wife and a dead end job.

which means you have no idea why he is here, but are the only one on here constantly trying to defend himhmmm