Sign in to follow this  
Newton

The delay in appointing a new Management Team must be good news

We are all in for a roller coaster ride over the next few months as we battle to keep our best players (Olsen / Redmond / Howson / Ruddy even Fer) while trying to off  load expensive mistakes & high earners from the wages bill (Wolf / Bassong)

Plus moving on those who have lost interest (Hoolahan / Pilkington) and trying to get certain individuals to comit there future to the club for a further period (Snoddy / Turner)

Besides dealing with the existing squad we will need at least 7/8 quality new recruits to boost the numbers as the existing group is thin on the ground numbers wise even after adding the exciting talents of the Murphey brothers & Losa

All this work means it is vitally important the Board take there time to recruit the right Management Team. A mistake with these next appointments could condemn us to years in the lower leagues as the parachute payments taper down after this year

Lets not pray for an early announcement, let the Board take as long as they like - they have the future of our club in there hands, no mistakes this time guys. Yes u got in wrong with Houghton but now is the opportunity to put in right

Agree, can understand why it''s taking the Board longer than the deadline they gave, even posters on here cannot agree to the best appointment for the job, so must be just as hard for them to make the appointment the right one.

It''s good that they didn''t force a decision to meet the deadline but this is hardly a closed industry. The shortlist was compiled weeks ago and the decisions would have been made in days at most.

It''s not like McNally and co are sat locked in a board room somewhere tossing a coin or doing a pros and cons list..

Speculation on who goes or stays is.just plain daft, we have no idea who the management are going to be, who they will want to keep, how we will play nor which players will want to stay under the new manager let alone who will be promoted from the youth/reserves or who will arrive, the team.could look.very similar to last season or very different, all this stuff on the board about players and managers coming and.going is just fantasy football for now and a lot of people pretending to know more than they do

Sorry that''s what I thought this forum was for

Peoples views & speculation

My mistake I apologize

You obviously do not have any opinions ?

well your opinion is fine but you staed not opinised, we have no idea who earns what, we do know there are relegation clauses in the players contracts, we have no clue as to who the board are speaking to or what the new management are going to be wanting to do, I have thoughts on who I would like to have as manager (Lennon) but no idea if he has been spoken to or not, there is fundamentally nothing wrong with most of the players we have except a system that did not suit them, a manager trying to do something he was not capable of doing and many players with a loss of confidence or just no confidence in the system we were playing, given the right management and system to play with a couple of additions maybe then the existing players should be more than good enough to finish in the top 2 of the championship, we had the players to finish in the top half of the prem had we a decent manager, just because we went down it does not make the players poor

I''m guessing they are trying hard for someone under contract, only reason I can think of for it to be delayed this much.

[quote user="AndyCanary"]Ginja knows^ :)[/quote]
Ha. It''s a guess, I know that [:)]

fair bit of speculation that henrik Larsson is going to be Celtic manager very soon so maybe it is negotiations going on for lennon, and if not him it seems the most likely reason for the delay