Sign in to follow this  
Andy G

I wonder if the delay is because the board is listening

Just wondering if the delay on recruiting a new manager is because the board have been listening to the fans.

http://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/sport/norwich_city_fans_have_spoken_and_want_german_manager_as_their_next_boss_1_3601095

It could take a while to agree that deal.

I highly doubt it.

Would be the exact same type of spinelessness shown by Hughton when he subbed Becchio on.

The fans don''t have a bloody clue. Plenty think they''d do better, and no doubt people will take great offence to this and tell me that they would have done better than our Board.

Many people in football believe, whether through arrogance, astute observation or otherwise, that fans are largely clueless. Boards of Premier League clubs do not base footballing decisions on what the fans want.

as McNally doesn''t speak Germanhowever the idea that the board of a club that turned over £100m last year and has a CoE with over a half a million in bonuses riding on the results is going to be swayed by a newspaper survey is  beyond being ludicrious

Some unreliable ballot that more than likely got hacked by a fan? Doubtful. I have seen similar polls conducted recently where Rangick barely gets a mention!

I''m sure they have people research fan opinion, there''s probably even the odd browser on here read the nonsense written! I know the odd player has a browse about messageboards.

[quote user="Canary On The Wire"]The fans don''t have a bloody clue. Plenty think they''d do better, and no doubt people will take great offence to this and tell me that they would have done better than our Board. [/quote]
This. A thousand times THIS ^^^
Anyway my instinct tells me Celtic are playing hard ball, hence the delay, could be we have a deadline for Lennon and Celtic when it passes Malky will move into pole position and be announced shortly after.
Just a guess though.

[quote user="CanaryOne"]If Celtic were playing hardball then Lennon could do what Lambert did and walk out and come here.[/quote]
Maybe he''s got more class than Lambert. Maybe he doesn''t want to burn his bridges.

Andreus84 wrote the following post at 2014-05-21 7:51 PM:

Just wondering if the delay on recruiting a new manager is because the board have been listening to the fans.

I would certainly hope not! Every name mentioned has been criticised to the core, especially Mackay and Lennon not to mention the rest.

[quote user="Canary On The Wire"]I highly doubt it.

Would be the exact same type of spinelessness shown by Hughton when he subbed Becchio on.

The fans don''t have a bloody clue. Plenty think they''d do better, and no doubt people will take great offence to this and tell me that they would have done better than our Board. bloody hell some sense on here at last, its all just guessing and people pretending to be in the know or trying to sound clever

Many people in football believe, whether through arrogance, astute observation or otherwise, that fans are largely clueless. Boards of Premier League clubs do not base footballing decisions on what the fans want.[/quote]

[quote user="Canary On The Wire"]I highly doubt it.

The fans don''t have a bloody clue. Plenty think they''d do better, and no doubt people will take great offence to this and tell me that they would have done better than our Board.

Many people in football believe, whether through arrogance, astute observation or otherwise, that fans are largely clueless. Boards of Premier League clubs do not base footballing decisions on what the fans want.[/quote] bloody hell some sense on here at last, its all just guessing and people pretending to be in the know or trying to sound clever

[quote user="canarywales"]so you would prefer that idiot Doncaster and us to be in league 2 then[/quote]
Don''t even bother with that guy, he''s a troll

If the Board listened to the fans the new manager would have been appointed 6 months ago and we would still be in the top flight . What the fans want does not come into it they are customers to be relieved of as much cash as possible .

Having seen Ian culverhouse now 33/1 as next manager, I am not suggesting he will be manager but maybe assistant to other Zola or Mackay and so negotiating compo with Vila (if any) due to him being suspended?

Adams then assumes the gary karsa role?