Sign in to follow this  
simmo_2

It must be Lennon

Visitor - Good post, representing your club with decency and intelligence there.

The overall factor in this Norwich vs Celtic "discussion" is sadly, money.

We''re by far a smaller club, with far less honours, and less fans.

But, we can pay more, the players can test themselves more, and there''s generally more potential job satisfaction for a footballer by playing for us. Whilst we were in the Premiership, we were a more attractive proposition for footballers than Celtic currently is. Now, I think it''s a much more even deal, but what probably still swings it for players and managers is the fact we''re still close to the lure of the Premiership. One good season with us and suddenly you''re a Premiership player, or manager.

Of course, we know that in the Premiership we are a small fish in a big pond, and often managers and players will use us as a stepping stone to get to a bigger club. That''s life. Sadly, it''s the same for Celtic these days.

As for the disrespect for the standard of Scottish football from English fans, I think whilst the standard of the SPL is unquestionably lower than the EPL (and that cannot really be argued against), it is just used as a stick to bash with, when people like "Champions" come here to another team''s messageboard in order to argue and throw insults around. I think intelligent English fans know the standard is not that of the conference, or even league 1, but they will say that it is in an argument.

I''m glad the Scottish leagues are improving, lets hope it continues as it would be best for everyone in UK football if it does, especially if it means more quality Scottish players playing for Scottish and English clubs.

All the best for next season. It''s sad that the Norwich/Celtic family thing has been somewhat ruined!

I always felt the Norwich/Celtic family thing was a bit cringeworthy and never particularly cared about it. That said, I have no ill feeling towards Celtic. The previous poster summed it up perfectly.

Celtic are bigger. They have more fans. There''s just more opportunity here.

[quote user="Champions"][quote user="Feedthewolf"][quote user="Champions"][quote user="Feedthewolf"][quote user="Buh"]

If he gets a team promoted to the prem and keeps them there his stock will be so much higher than going to west brom and getting sacked after 6 months.[/quote]Or winning the SPL again, against League One-level opposition, and valiantly failing to get out of a tough Champions League group. Even when Rangers get back in the SPL, they won''t be at Celtic''s level for at least a couple of years. I can see the appeal in heading south now, if I''m honest.[/quote]

Or being within a couple of points of pipping Barcelona to first place.

Rangers won''t be back - they are dead. The Rangers International will enter the SPL for the very first time, however.[/quote]I''m well aware of what Lennon has achieved. All I''m saying is that there''s a glass ceiling for ''smaller'' clubs, which is what Celtic are in the context of the Champions League. APOEL got to the quarter-finals in 2012, which was the arguably the most incredible achievement in CL history – without the financial clout of the bigger players, Celtic will never be able to get close to winning the Champions League. Europa League isn''t out of the question, but my point is that there''s a greater chance of Lennon achieving less than he''s already achieved if he stays. The SPL is a one-horse race, which effectively means his only true challenge is Europe. A move south now would be a different challenge and a different kind of motivation – to be a big fish in a small pond, scrapping for points week-in, week-out.[/quote]

Celtic have already won the Champions League. In fact, we were the first British team to ever do so.

With some work, this squad could easily reach the Last 8. If we still had Wanyama and Hooper we would have narrowly missed out on the Semi finals this year.[/quote]No, Celtic won the European Cup, 47 years ago, by winning four two-legged knockout ties and the final. The modern-day Champions League is totally different – but I''m sure you don''t need me to tell you that.

[quote user="Visitor"]Another Celtic fan here.

Personally, I wouldn''t grudge Lennon for leaving. The chances are he won''t be offered a job with a premier league team. Struggling teams are starting to go for the safer tried and tested (Tony Pulis, Steve Bruce etc). The job at Norwich is a great challenge for him in my opinion. He''s done a great job at Celtic, building a young, profitable, successful team on a reasonably slim budget.

A good challenge to get promotion and stabalise Norwich in the EPL could be another stepping stone to an even bigger job. He would in no way be walking out on Celtic, he''s given us 14 years of service. I think many Celtic fans would feel a wee bit hurt if we went to Norwich as they''re a smaller club than Celtic. They may be a smaller club(albeit still well supported) but financially and in terms of caliber of opposition it''s a good step.

I''d be confident he would secure promotion for you guys. He''s tactically aware as he has shown in Europe, deals well with pressure situations and plays exciting, attacking football. Some fantastic signings in among a few flops.

One final point,I don''t think it''s fair to look down on Scottish football the way English fans do, not that their opinion is remotely important. The quality may be lower end championship but this last season has been a real improvement in the product as a whole. More teams are producing exciting young players, becoming financially sound and their has been some vibrance in the stands for the first time in years. A tiny bit of respect in with the stereotypical arrogance and elitism would go far![/quote]

Thanks Visitor - nice to see a well reasoned comment on here - getting a bit of a rarity these days!

YellowNets1901 - True, it was a little cringeworthy, but mainly because the two club''s PR made it so!

But it''s nice to be nice, and the friendlies we had were truly friendly, and it was a pleasant, very different experience in football.

This convincing photo I just got off Twitter clearly gives us the answer.Lol.[URL=http://s869.photobucket.com/user/mortymccarthy/media/Untitled_zps3cc50f5e.jpg.html][IMG]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab257/mortymccarthy/Untitled_zps3cc50f5e.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

As much as I think Snodgrass probably wants to go to Celtic and Celtic want Snoddy, I''m not sure they can afford him? Saying that, with half the Celtic team coming to England this Summer, and Lennon on his way to England too, maybe they can?

[quote user="Kangaroo Court"]How come Lennon''s coat is so much blacker than the other black coats in that pic?[/quote]Perhaps because it is really badly photoshopped maybe?

MancCanary, you spell it out well. Celtic by history and fanbase are a bigger club, but they are limited to the Scottish leagues. If they got their place in the english leagues, i''m convinced they''d at least be at Newcastle level. It creates a kind of imbalance in what players they get as well. Squad players are of low standard, but then they do get the odd Robbie Keane/ Craig Bellamy that want a title medal and a bit of Champions league footy, not to mention they also might be fans of the club as there are a lot of them (Snodgrass).

It''s a good place for those just above average Championship players to go and get on the radar of a premiership club, as Hooper did with us. I''d put Celtics attraction level at about the same as a newly promoted PL club like Burnley but in slightly different terms.

I think they are a very attractive proposition for a reputable player in their mid to late 20''s early 30''s that has lost their way slightly like Sutton, Bellamy and Keane have shown. As far as a youngster might think, they''re a kind of long way round to the top.

I think Hooper would probably rather find a new premiership team this summer or at least give us one more year as the title favourites before he decided a return to Celtic would do him good. For someone like RvW, I think Celtic would be the perfect move for him. He can find his confidence against some low quality opposition but not stagnate too much as he''d have at least half a dozen games against europes elite.

For Snodgrass, the attraction to Celtic would be the fact he''s scottish, he''s a fan and it''d be quite easy for him to stand out in that league. He might be better suited career wise to get a move to a premiership side like if a Villa or Newcastle came calling. That would be the harder option though. If he went to Celtic, chances are he would become their best player, he''d get his place in the Scotland squad still and he''d get his few high profile games a year and also a hell of a lot of silverware rather than the constant relegation struggle in the premiership he''d likely find.

I guess Celtic is like a nice easy holiday in Majorca, you know there will be sun and decent food but ultimately it''s not that adventurous and after a while you might want something more thrilling. The Premiership is more like going to Brazil on holiday or Thailand. The sheer amazingness is there to be seen but there is an awful lot more that could go wrong if you are not equipped to cope or get unlucky.

[quote user="Private Frazer"]Given the roofline height of a Bentley, that guy looks about 8''2"... Sasquatch seen on CR[/quote]

Great. Now we''ll be swamped with Portland Timbers fans telling us that Sasquatch won''t leave them for our tiny insignificant club.

Lol.[URL=http://s869.photobucket.com/user/mortymccarthy/media/Untitled_zpsfe0b4525.jpg.html][IMG]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab257/mortymccarthy/Untitled_zpsfe0b4525.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[quote user="morty"]Lol.[URL=http://s869.photobucket.com/user/mortymccarthy/media/Untitled_zpsfe0b4525.jpg.html][IMG]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab257/mortymccarthy/Untitled_zpsfe0b4525.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/quote]
A+ for effort right there, it nearly had me running to twitter [;)]

[quote user="Ginja"][quote user="morty"]Lol.[URL=http://s869.photobucket.com/user/mortymccarthy/media/Untitled_zpsfe0b4525.jpg.html][IMG]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab257/mortymccarthy/Untitled_zpsfe0b4525.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/quote]
A+ for effort right there, it nearly had me running to twitter [;)]
[/quote]I nicked it off twitter, I''m pretty poor with photoshop!

A friend of mine, a bit of a knob to be honest, says that a work colleague of his saw Tim Sherwood at Sprowston Manor on Wednesday evening. He was on the phone in the lobby apparently.

Really hope it isn''t Tim. Even if this citing is bullish*t, it''s enough to worry me.

[quote user="Wiz"]Its Adams. :facepalm:[/quote]

Have you put a bet on him yet Wiz?
Seriously, put up or shut the f*ck up.

[quote user="Ginja"][quote user="Wiz"]Its Adams. :facepalm:[/quote]

Have you put a bet on him yet Wiz?

Seriously, put up or shut the f*ck up.

[/quote]

Ferk up yourself, I never bet, tis for fools like you.

[quote user="Wiz"]If its Lennon I''ll eat my wand.[/quote]

Orally?

If its Lennon I''ll eat my wand.

Orally?

The wand used as a suppository would be more fitting, seeing as Wiz almost constantly talk out of his

rear end.

Maybe Rear End Canary could assist the administration.