Sign in to follow this  
simmo_2

It must be Lennon

To much money been bet on him in last 12 hours. Its about the 4th most popular bet on anything according to oddschecker

Heh some guy at work was claiming to have someone itk who got some info at the end of season dinner so we all dropped a tenner on in just in case.... maybe we forced the odds down :)

[quote user="Wiz"]Its Adams job.[/quote]

Not unless the 1st team squad will be full of 13 year olds, Roeder was right about Adams.

[quote user="simmo_2"][quote user="Champions"]No chance.[/quote]No chance, what you mean?[/quote]

You''re not getting Neil Lennon. Give up.

It''s not even worth discussing.

He is a Champions League manager. As I have said previously on here - just because he''s Irish, ginger and doesn''t have an exotic sounding name, doesn''t take away the fact he is a Champions League manager.

There seem to be a lot of pointers suddenly suggesting that Lennon is the front runner. The same applied to Malky a few days ago though.

My personal preference is MM but I feel that Lennon has his strong points and he might well be an inspired decision.

Another thing, he might be able to persuade some of his Celtic stars to follow him. Chris Commons, for example, linking up with Gary Hooper would be a strong indicator of a successful first season in the Chumps. 

[quote user="Champions"]If Lennon is in Norwich, it''ll be to discuss the transfers of Snodgrass and potentially Hooper.[/quote]

Managers don''t do that nowadays, are you a Celtic fan?

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]

There seem to be a lot of pointers suddenly suggesting that Lennon is the front runner. The same applied to Malky a few days ago though.

My personal preference is MM but I feel that Lennon has his strong points and he might well be an inspired decision.

Another thing, he might be able to persuade some of his Celtic stars to follow him. Chris Commons, for example, linking up with Gary Hooper would be a strong indicator of a successful first season in the Chumps. 

[/quote]

Absolutely no chance Commons will leave Celtic.

https://twitter.com/kcommons15/status/373204498728353792/photo/1

And his wife adores Celtic. She travels on Celtic Supporter busses to games sometimes.

[quote user="Champions"][quote user="simmo_2"][quote user="Champions"]No chance.[/quote]No chance, what you mean?[/quote]

He is a Champions League manager. As I have said previously on here - just because he''s Irish, ginger and doesn''t have an exotic sounding name, doesn''t take away the fact he is a Champions League manager.[/quote] Yes but once them 6 matches are played, he is no better than a conference manager.

Seems to be pointing towards Lennon, which I''m thrilled about.

Samaras would be alright as well haha

It was just the way he said "maybe they''ve already got a candidate sorted" in that interview.

If he gets a team promoted to the prem and keeps them there his stock will be so much higher than going to west brom and getting sacked after 6 months.

it must at least be potentially viable if a Celtic fan is worried enough to come on here, create an account and protest to anyone who will listen that its not happening :)

[quote user="simmo_2"][quote user="Champions"][quote user="simmo_2"][quote user="Champions"]No chance.[/quote]No chance, what you mean?[/quote]

He is a Champions League manager. As I have said previously on here - just because he''s Irish, ginger and doesn''t have an exotic sounding name, doesn''t take away the fact he is a Champions League manager.[/quote] Yes but once them 6 matches are played, he is no better than a conference manager.[/quote]

He got into the Last 16 18 months ago.

I know you English like to sweep that under the carpet, though. Celtic got as far as any English club that year.

It''s always been Lennon. Would expect him to be announced soon.

[quote user="splutcho"]Please stick around if we do get him.[/quote]

I''ll stick around when you get some boring English manager like Adam or Sherwood.

"Right, boys. We''re playing a 4-4-2 today. Lots of commitment, please. Good luck!"

You know, the managers that have no tactical nous? Kinda like when you played football at school - tell you the line up and formation then a wish of good luck, and you''re off.

He also beat a full strength Liverpool side last pre season. The oldest outfield Celtic player was 22, I believe.

[quote user="Buh"]

If he gets a team promoted to the prem and keeps them there his stock will be so much higher than going to west brom and getting sacked after 6 months.[/quote]Or winning the SPL again, against League One-level opposition, and valiantly failing to get out of a tough Champions League group. Even when Rangers get back in the SPL, they won''t be at Celtic''s level for at least a couple of years. I can see the appeal in heading south now, if I''m honest.

[quote user="Feedthewolf"][quote user="Buh"]

If he gets a team promoted to the prem and keeps them there his stock will be so much higher than going to west brom and getting sacked after 6 months.[/quote]Or winning the SPL again, against League One-level opposition, and valiantly failing to get out of a tough Champions League group. Even when Rangers get back in the SPL, they won''t be at Celtic''s level for at least a couple of years. I can see the appeal in heading south now, if I''m honest.[/quote]

Or being within a couple of points of pipping Barcelona to first place.

Rangers won''t be back - they are dead. The Rangers International will enter the SPL for the very first time, however.

We seem to have a resentful, if not spiteful, Celtic supporter on board.

He seems to be another one of those who expresses opinion as fact, perhaps in an attempt to convince himself.

They were a great set of supporters when they came down here for the last friendly. Those who invade our forum fail to match up to their standards.

It is not our fault that the Scottish League has his limitations and that managers like Lennon and players like Hooper eventually aspire to a new challenge.

Let''s face it, Norwich City are not even one of the big boys in England but they still entice Celtic''s best.

Live with it.

We seem to have a resentful, if not spiteful, Celtic supporter on board.

He seems to be another one of those who expresses opinion as fact, perhaps in an attempt to convince himself.

They were a great set of supporters when they came down here for the last friendly. Those who invade our forum fail to match up to their standards.

It is not our fault that the Scottish League has his limitations and that managers like Lennon and players like Hooper eventually aspire to a new challenge.

Let''s face it, Norwich City are not even one of the big boys in England but they still entice Celtic''s best.

Live with it.

[/quote]

Is Snodgrass better on the right or left? Just wondering how Lennon will start the team for the first Champions League group stage game.

I''m thinking Snodgrass Commons Forrest?

To Mr Celtic...

You seem to be very confident. Perhaps you are right to be so confident. Then again, if Lennon does come to Norfolk you will end up looking a bit silly. Let''s wait and see.

As I said, opinion as fact.

Neil Lennon has been seen in Norwich. He has stayed in Norwich recently. He would not come down here to negotiate a transfer (of Snodgrass) as that is for others at your club to do.

Facts.

Live with them.

[quote user="Twenty Eight Goals"]To Mr Celtic...

You seem to be very confident. Perhaps you are right to be so confident. Then again, if Lennon does come to Norfolk you will end up looking a bit silly. Let''s wait and see.[/quote]

I know he won''t go.

However, if he does go, then well done. Your side has just gotten a proven Champions League manager. He''s ginger, Irish and his name isn''t exotic, but he''s still a Champions League manager.

As I said, opinion as fact.

Neil Lennon has been seen in Norwich. He has stayed in Norwich recently. He would not come down here to negotiate a transfer (of Snodgrass) as that is for others at your club to do.

Facts.

Live with them.

[/quote]

That rumour has been quashed. He''s in Glasgow.

You''re probably right, he wouldn''t be there to negotiate signings. He also certainly wouldn''t be there to see your trophy cabinet.

Ha, I like this guy! He''s great banter!

Shame we''re taking his manager and possibly some star players.

I could manage Celtic and win the scottish title and cups, specially when you play these big teams like Alloa and St mirren on a weekly basis!! bet Mr Doomcaster is doing great things for conference scottish football!!