Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

did we get turned down????

The delay has been mentioned a few times on here but was the reason, and the "complex" nature (as Delia said) due to the fact we were turned down.

A friend said to me when we sacked Hoots that our next manager had already been lined up under the provisal that we remained in the premiership. he isn''t a "source" and not someone in the know, he was just referring to a conversation he had. his opinion may not be far from the truth.

did a manager say they would come to us as along as we remained in the prem, and since now turned us down? is this the reason the appointment is taking longer than initially promised and the board are now desperately searching for a Plan B?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

The delay has been mentioned a few times on here but was the reason, and the "complex" nature (as Delia said) due to the fact we were turned down.

A friend said to me when we sacked Hoots that our next manager had already been lined up under the provisal that we remained in the premiership. he isn''t a "source" and not someone in the know, he was just referring to a conversation he had. his opinion may not be far from the truth.

did a manager say they would come to us as along as we remained in the prem, and since now turned us down? is this the reason the appointment is taking longer than initially promised and the board are now desperately searching for a Plan B?

[/quote]

PLAN B, the manager never had one, the board didn''t have one

This is real thinking outside the box[;)]

I think we had agreed terms with Neil Lennon myself. However now the goal posts have moved re-negotiation is taking place. I believe Malky is plan B!

If Lennon is the man they want, then I am hopeful they can convince him to come.

I was informed he was interviewed for the job so he must still be interested, however he probably has some demands such as certain players staying put rather than leaving. Wants to give himself the best chance of promotion. A player such as Snodgrass or Hooper for instance?

The ongoing delay may be due to a particular player?

Just another scenario to add to the many already floated around. I am sure we will find out soon!

Lennons body language looked all over the Norwich job on MOTD but now we''re down, he''s probably not sure. If it were you, would you leave Celtic? Titles and CL every season and a pretty easy job allbeit a bit of a goldfish bowl due to being in the SPL or would you come for the rigours and uncertainty (and probably a pay rise) to the Championship?

The thing is, if we are too cheeky to both, we might end up with neither, Malky might not be best pleased to be plan B as he might well still attract a PL club.

Maybe they are taking their time so that when they appoint Adams they can say they explored every possibility thoroughly .

[quote user="CanaryOne"]Maybe they are taking their time so that when they appoint Adams they can say they explored every possibility thoroughly .
[/quote]

i''m starting to think it is Adam''s now... the board should be strung up if so!!! what a waste of everyones time and what a poor appointment when we have to go up first time of asking!

I''m disappointed that the question this thread poses hasn''t been answered..

Why has nobody answered this question?!!!!!!

Oh yeah, it''s an opinion forum.

[quote user="AndyCanary"]I''m disappointed that the question this thread poses hasn''t been answered.. Why has nobody answered this question?!!!!!! Oh yeah, it''s an opinion forum.[/quote]

indeed it is.. May be right or wrong but only time will tell whoever the new manager is.

The fact that the DoF has not been announced suggests this is the key issue.

I reckon we had previously lined up Lennon, but he is concerned about the Director of Football coming in and what influence this may have. Malky will be back stop, that would explain his coy interview last week.

If Malky takes WBA (or another role) in the meantime, step forward Neil Adams.

This strikes me as complex enough to take a few extra days, especially given the board has come out and stated its preferred structure, it will be embarrassing for them to back track.

This would explain why the betting is how it is too.

[quote user="GrantsMoustache"]Why can''t we offer any new manager a massive bonus if they get us up within two seasons?

£5m cash lump sum?[/quote]

Because if they''re a good enough manager in the first place, they''ll do it anyway?.

I''m sure they do get bonuses for promotion though, what makes you think they don''t?

Or was it the task of fitting the other "managers" to the new main manager? If we attempted to saddle the newcomer with unknowns to be technical director, etc, I could imagine the whole process drag on for some time.

The trouble is Adams is still hanging around and is hopefully the board''s very last resort. Didn''t McNally say that Adams would definitely be involved in the new management set-up? By this, does he mean for the first team or go back to his old role? If it is the first-team, why? What has he done to deserve it? This is what is making me also think that it will probably end up being Adams...

If the board do end up appointing Adams, I agree with Jas, they should be slaughtered as it would be a pathetic appointment to make when our first season down will be our best chance of going straight back up!!

[quote user="Holtcantshoot"][quote user="YellowNets1901"]I don''t know. None of us know.[/quote]I know...but I''m not going to tell you.[/quote]I know, and I could tell you. But then I''d have to kill you.

i think the delay may have been down to a few factors

it seemed obvious from january that Lennon was being lined up to take over. However, we then got relegated. He may have been prepared to take over a PL team, but not a Champs team - would you turn down Champions League for Tuesday nights in Brentford? The deal was probably done & would have been done by now if we were still i the premier league.

After relegation the board said a new manager would be in place in a week. However, a few dats later the west brom job became available. West ham, Southampton, Newcastle, Villa are just a few that had uncertainty around them, some still have.

We may have contacted Malky, Zola or others (even Lennon again) but they may be waiting to see what happens at other Prem teams before taking a step down.

Like it or not, we have taken step down the managerial food chain and have to wait & see what happens elsewhere before we can decide who takes over

[quote user="Rogue Baboon"]i think the delay may have been down to a few factors

it seemed obvious from january that Lennon was being lined up to take over. However, we then got relegated. He may have been prepared to take over a PL team, but not a Champs team - would you turn down Champions League for Tuesday nights in Brentford? The deal was probably done & would have been done by now if we were still i the premier league.

After relegation the board said a new manager would be in place in a week. However, a few dats later the west brom job became available. West ham, Southampton, Newcastle, Villa are just a few that had uncertainty around them, some still have.

We may have contacted Malky, Zola or others (even Lennon again) but they may be waiting to see what happens at other Prem teams before taking a step down.

Like it or not, we have taken step down the managerial food chain and have to wait & see what happens elsewhere before we can decide who takes over[/quote]

This^^^ given that the saints job could soon be up for grabs, just how long could this play out?? I am not convinced we will have a manager by the end if this week!! This makes the boards statement look a big mistake now.

Jas - would only make sense if that manager was still in the frame after relegation.

However, I should imagine if it was on the proviso of staying up, he would have ruled himself out of the job after the Chelsea draw. A week prior to the Arsenal game.

So to me, the delay would appear to be more recent.

Also I wouldn''t call it a plan B. Rather that there were probably two plans in place for each eventuality, especially after the Hughton sacking. And shortlists were drawn up.

I also don''t like how some people think of drawing up a short list as having plan A''s and B''s.

The club may have a preference but that is no guarantee that they will be more or less successful than the next person in line.

I think the delay is likely to indicate compensation if I am honest. As said before, if it was a manager without a club I would expect they could announce it pending the tying up of the last few bits and pieces.

The delay suggests that there are still some negotiations on going and is suggested by ''complexities''.