Sign in to follow this  
Newton

We must keep Turner

Out of contract at the end of June, our most reliable centre back we need to resign him now, before he drifts off elsewhere

Just the type of solid experienced player you need in the Champs to get us back up

Look at what Richard Dunne  has done for QPR (signed from Villa on a 12 mth deal) for example, more rotund in stature and certainly much slower, but positional sense he has in abundance, he was exceptional against Wigan and is one of the reasons why they are in the Play Off Final

Turner has all these qualities

i agree, Martin R.Bennett Turner Olsson is a very strong defence for the championship. Even if Olsson goes Garrido is a more than capable replacement. Look at Burnley a strong back four and 2 strikers to put the ball in the back of the net.

Who''d have thought it after his poor start, but over the last two years turner has shown himself to be our most reliable centreback. Cant see us holding onto him as he is better than championship level and we have no hold on him but would be glad if we could keep him. Anyone know if he''s booked his kids any swimming lessons?

I''d also like for him to stay, as he doesn''t panic when under pressure. Ryan Bennett will be able to develop his game playing regularly in the Championship and I think Martin will play at CB more next year.

He would be a monster in the championship I reckon. He''s the kind of CB that tears it up against poorer opposition.

We probably needed a new centreback a year ago anyway in addition to what we already had. Turner and Bassong were great the previous season but Bennett never convinced in the Premier League and Martin wasn''t good enough either. So with Bassong almost certain to leave anyway you''re looking at a lot of rebuilding to be done if Turner was to leave too.

You''d expect Turner to be a really dominant figure in the Championship so hopefully we can hold on to him and bring in another good defender too.

Yelloow Since 72 wrote the following post at 21/05/2014 10:19 AM:

I''d also like for him to stay, as he doesn''t panic when under pressure. Ryan Bennett will be able to develop his game playing regularly in the Championship and I think Martin will play at CB more next year.

You would like him to stay ........ Ryan Bennett will be playing regularly ........ Martin will play at CB more next year.

You lost me there.

If we can get Turner to stay it will be a good move. He is respected by his fellow players (player''s POTS last season (who was this season?)), experienced and consistant.

A good shout for captain as well.

Absolutely.

I can see him getting picked up by a lower end prem team though.

I''m suprised we let his contract run down actually. I guess the plan must have been: stay up, get in a couple of very good defenders, sack off turner.

Apparently being "consistent" in conceding 2-5 goals a game with countless OGs and Penalties is to be applauded now. Yay for Michael Turnere!

We won''t be able to hang on to any of those players who have clearly demonstrated the ability to perform at PL level notably Turner, Olsson, Snodgrass and Ruddy.

We should never have let his contract lapse...I agree very strongly with the post topic, but unfortunately I just can''t see it happening, easily good enough for a PL squad and he will be back in one soon I''d imagine.

[quote user="Monty13"]We should never have let his contract lapse...I agree very strongly with the post topic, but unfortunately I just can''t see it happening, easily good enough for a PL squad and he will be back in one soon I''d imagine.[/quote]

Then quickly back in the Championship following relegation.

No wonder we got relegated if he is our most consistent defender, he was one of the worst defenders in the prem last season hands down... Hands being a major issue.

Turner is a very poor defender as is R.Bennet I said last season we needed at least 2 decent CB''s to come in over the summer our pathetic defensive record proves this.

[quote user="barclay_boy111"]No wonder we got relegated if he is our most consistent defender, he was one of the worst defenders in the prem last season hands down... Hands being a major issue.

Turner is a very poor defender as is R.Bennet I said last season we needed at least 2 decent CB''s to come in over the summer our pathetic defensive record proves this.[/quote]

Agree with all that, in none of what I''m saying am I advocating for Bassong to stay either. Both should go, Turner moreso however.

Turner the man who got MOM against Chelsea and was good up until his injury, then came back well. Bennett can go though as he is an absolute lump!

Jesus, how many times do I have to come on here and confirm that Turner has 1 more year on his contract? Source: the man himself at the away fans "party".

You are 100% wrong, he will be afree agent at the end of June

Turner signed a 2 year deal in the summer of 2012 with no option to extend

http://www.pinkun.com/mobile/norwich-city/6_michael_turner_1_1516050

Fox walked because there was no deal on the table, Turner we hope will not be next, as we need him

Any one who says otherwise needs to actually attend matches in person instead of trying to follow games on dodgy internet feeds