Sign in to follow this  
GrantsMoustache

Korey Smith & Tom Adeyemi

Korey Smith being heavily linked with Wolves so could be lining up against us next season, been Oldham captain this season.

Tom Adeyemi won young player of the season at Birmingham ahead of Callum Reilly who has been linked with Prem clubs.

Two players that we could end up really regretting saying goodbye to if we don''t get a promotion, to add to Chris Martin.

Ridiculous that we didn''t get a penny for any of them, three young players who will be having good careers at this level.

At the time of their release from the club, we had no use for them and did the right thing in releasing them. They wanted to build careers for themselves and we were holding them back. We did the right thing and I don''t think Martin, Adeyemi or Smith would''ve made that much of an impact on our squad next season. Not enough of an impact to warrant keeping them anyway.

What twaddle.We got rid because we were moving up to a higher level.Are you seriously saying the club should retain players just in case we get relegated back to the level they can play at?None of those three was good enough for the premier league.

We didn''t get a penny for any of them? Are you sure? Even if they all went on a free transfer (which I think they may have, but I thought we sold Martin) the first two were under 23 so we do get some sort of compensation...

But anyway, regardless of that this is exactly why clubs loan players our on a regular basis, some for a few seasons. These two would both easily slot in as squad players this coming season, and Martin after his season at Derby could have easily been first choice up front for us again.

But they weren''t first choice in the PL, and wouldn''t have been. They may have had very very little football and had their development stunted. Its easy to say just loan them out, but a team would rather have a permanent player than a loanee so first team football at the desired level and in the right position is far from guaranteed. Would have been nice to have all three in our squad in The Championship, but they weren''t good enough at the time in the PL (although i''m sure Martin could have been more than adequate back up, just wasn''t given much of a chance.) so were let go. You can''t plan you squad for relegation in a season or twos time...

Those lads are playing at a level suited to them and 3 seasons in The premiership would have seen them out of their depth and not playing regular football.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]We didn''t get a penny for any of them? Are you sure? Even if they all went on a free transfer (which I think they may have, but I thought we sold Martin) the first two were under 23 so we do get some sort of compensation... But anyway, regardless of that this is exactly why clubs loan players our on a regular basis, some for a few seasons. These two would both easily slot in as squad players this coming season, and Martin after his season at Derby could have easily been first choice up front for us again. But they weren''t first choice in the PL, and wouldn''t have been. They may have had very very little football and had their development stunted. Its easy to say just loan them out, but a team would rather have a permanent player than a loanee so first team football at the desired level and in the right position is far from guaranteed. Would have been nice to have all three in our squad in The Championship, but they weren''t good enough at the time in the PL (although i''m sure Martin could have been more than adequate back up, just wasn''t given much of a chance.) so were let go. You can''t plan you squad for relegation in a season or twos time...[/quote]

Only get compensation if the club actually offered them new contracts - I''m pretty sure Norwich never did so there would have been no money for Norwich.

However, as others have said, Norwich couldn''t have just held onto them for the 3 seasons they were in the Prem just in case relegation happened. The club moved on, and so did the players and good luck to them.

You only have to offer the equivalent terms of what they were on (probs YTS). I''d imagine behind closed doors we did and got nominally turned down, just so we''d get our compensation. It would be a no brainer to offer the likes of Smith and Adeyemi £500 a week deals safe in the knowledge that they would secure better elsewhere and at worse, we''d have them on £500 a week deals!

All three were released by the club and then signed for other teams, we got compensation for none of them.

Don''t know what you are on about TIL 1010, they were released one year ago not three years ago and were out on loan for our first two Prem seasons.

I really thought that Adeyemi in particular was a great prospect and was released too early at 20, all Prem teams have lots of young players who they send out on loan so not sure why we had to rush to release Adeyemi he was still young and had already gained a lot of experience. Probably agree on Korey who is a couple of years older, and Martin as well, but Adeyemi is a big talent and everybody knew that didn''t they?

[quote user="GrantsMoustache"] Don''t know what you are on about TIL 1010, they were released one year ago not three years ago and were out on loan for our first two Prem seasons. [/quote]

The point is whiskers is that they were deemed to be not good enough for The Premiership from day one and I think that view was a reasonable one so were loaned/released to get them regular football elsewhere.

What do you mean they were deemed not good enough for the Premiership from day one? Chris Martin played our first few games.

Adeyemi was only 18/19, we have lots of players that age who we consider great prospects but weren''t considered ready last season. Doesn''t mean we''d have released this this summer if we stayed up does it?

And all were released by Hughton not by Lambert. Not really sure where you are coming from, Adeyemi in particular was very highly spoken of by Lambert.

We released Adeyemi last summer and by October we had Lee Clark saying that he will be a Premier League player, and under Lambert we held him in similarly high esteem.

I do believe that Adeyemi will play in the Premier League.