Sign in to follow this  
south stand corner terrace

Are we missing Damien Francis

[quote]Dare i say it[/quote]

The title is wrong it should be

''Boy we are missing Damien Francis''

or rather his ability to support the strikers at the right time, getting into the box of running beyond the opponents defence - it causes all sorts of havoc and defences simply do not like it.

OTBC

Jarret was bought in as a box to box player in the Francis style - so far he has failed to impress - was his pre season injury so bad that it takes this long to get back to fitness?

Why is everyone ''afraid'' that we are missing Francis - as one of our main/better players last season did anyone really think we wouldn''t??  OK he was a lazy bugger half the time but was still a crucial player in the side.

What I''m ''afraid'' of is that fact that we don''t appear to have even tried to replace him - Jarrett was supposedly brought here to play alongside rather than replace him (and has looked poor when he''s come on but we need to give him a chance) - and since Francis left we haven''t brought anyone at all in his place. 

From the squad we went down with we have lost Holt, Francis, Mulryne, Stuart, Bentley, Jonson and Helveg from the midfield (ie 6/7 as Helveg was mainly a r/b).  OK we will miss some more than others, but we have replaced those 6-7 with Marney, Jarrett and Hughes (ie just 3).  Those numbers don''t really add up to me; we are missing more than just Francis - some depth wouldn''t go amiss!

Yes, of course we are missing Francis. I think the fact that the team looked a whole lot better when Jim Brennan moved into the centre says it all really. Jim Brennan for heaven''s sake!

Hughes, Jarret, and even Marney, are all ordinary players and should not be at this club.

I''d also add that we are missing Bentley. Our midfield sucks at the moment.

but we dont miss the sulky litte child who played at Fulham.

Maybe we miss Holt? We certainly miss his defensive cover and fitness levels.

But there again if the strikers actually scored when they had a chance maybe we would not be in the predicament

YES (we do miss Damien), but it wasn''t our midfield that let us down today. In fact i thought Brennan , Huckerby and Safri were the better players.

It was the over-hyped Ashton and woeful Mckenzie who cost us the match.

No !!

are you kidding ?   an idle   stupid  ego tripper    , who probably  contributed  in our drop from the prem ... and you actually want THAT back ?     get a grip !!

Without doubt we miss Francis "the player" - I am not sure that we miss Francis "the person".

Without a player who can win the ball, impose himself physically, and get forward into the box to score a significant number of goals each season we have a much less influential midfield.

[quote]I''m afraid so - yes. No-one managed a run into the box at all today.[/quote]

wow, we should sign that ant up, ran into the box superbly, then got trampled on, no penalty, your having a laugh reff!!

did worthy get rid of the right of the right player???? im starting to think no... we are missing the creativity, the hight, the weight, the goal threat, the ability to switch wing quickly and the ability to appear in the box pulling a defender away from ashton...

Worthy should of got rid of McKenzie im starting to think and keep damo. too late now, and if we dont buck up it could cost worthy his job

jas

Don''t be afriad to say it because its true, We have bought in no one near his quality, no body said he was rubbish it''s just he didn''t want to play for us anymore and he had to go.

Worthy obviously thought jarrett or hughes would have been good enough to replace him but he was very wrong

We badly need to spend some money by the end of the transfer window. We need to do something! I am starting to get very worried!

We need to be big and bounce back at the game on monday, Stoke now becomes a very big game!

Indeed we are, while I disliked the way he went about leaving you can''t argue that if it weren''t for Francis last season we would have been dead and buried long before that final day. He was an athlete who got his foot in and scored goals. The only quality we have now is Safri and he''s more of defensive player.

I really don''t want to be looking back at the end of this season and thinking what would have happened had we replaced him.

We are missing the ''old'' Francis - the one who wanted to play for us - but not the ''new'' Francis, who only wanted to play in the Prem and couldn''t wait to leave Norwich.