Sign in to follow this  
CanaryNath

SSN Zola

I have a feeling Zola will end up at Brighton. I don''t think Zola will get the Norwich job. His public words about the job indicate that he''s putting himself out there. He''s promoting himself by saying it''s a possibility he may become Norwich manager, even if the chances as 5%. That''s still classed as possible.

Football is sometimes about self promotion and that''s all Zola is doing. His involvement with Norwich will look good to other Championship clubs, like Brighton, who are looking for a new manager. Zola will get a job this summer, but it won''t be at Norwich, just in my opinion, of course.

[quote user="KeiranShikari"]Garcia, the man Brighton fans weren''t sad to see go and had a worse win rate than Zola in the Championship.

Sign him up.
[/quote]

Actually thats untrue, many seem gutted.

Wouldnt be disappointed with this. Only thing I dont understand is if he is the one then why not get him in january.

[quote user="whoareyou"]Mid table Championship will be our level with Zola in charge.
[/quote]

Worse imo, its Peter Grant Mk II.

[quote user="Wiz"]

[quote user="whoareyou"]Mid table Championship will be our level with Zola in charge.[/quote]

Worse imo, its Peter Grant Mk II.

[/quote]

Are you talking to yourself again Wiz?

Or he may keep the squad together, deliver some free flowing attacking football and walk the league. No one knows so why bother speculating and spouting such negative crap.

Didn''t get relegated with a far worse Watford squad for two years, so clearly Wiz is right when he suggests that''s what would happen to us under Zola. Twunt.

[quote user="splutcho"]Didn''t get relegated with a far worse Watford squad for two years, so clearly Wiz is right when he suggests that''s what would happen to us under Zola. Twunt.[/quote]

Idjit.

It really is pathetic. He has been preaching for days at how Adams will get the job or if Malky gets it then its Hughton mk2. Suddenly we are linked with a manager that I think will deliver the football we all want to see, and still thats not good enough. No one knows how any appointment will go, but id rather watch some entertaining football and finish mid table than negative with the same outcome.

For people who whined and whined about not playing attacking or "pretty" football and how that''s what this team needed to have success, and then whine about the possibility of Zola coming in as coach is hilarious. The guy plays an open flowing style of football and his teams provide goals (though if he has to rely on Hooper as his forward, no matter the chances that are created for him we''ll all be very let down). Tactically he''s very mediocre to poor and basically ignores defensive aspects of the game (when Turner is possibly one of your CBs that would be disastrous).

Yet, if you whined about how lacklustre the team has been in attacking, and are whining about Zola when that''s all he cares about you aren''t bright...

Given a choice between Zola, Sherwood Adams and Lennon then I would go for Zola every time.

[quote user="jaemae2"]For people who whined and whined about not playing attacking or "pretty" football and how that''s what this team needed to have success, and then whine about the possibility of Zola coming in as coach is hilarious. The guy plays an open flowing style of football and his teams provide goals (though if he has to rely on Hooper as his forward, no matter the chances that are created for him we''ll all be very let down). Tactically he''s very mediocre to poor and basically ignores defensive aspects of the game (when Turner is possibly one of your CBs that would be disastrous). Yet, if you whined about how lacklustre the team has been in attacking, and are whining about Zola when that''s all he cares about you aren''t bright...[/quote]

Did any of you thick pro Zolarites ever watch Watford play under him?

No? well I did and it wasn''t pretty.

[quote user="Wiz"]
No? well I did and it wasn''t pretty.[/quote]
A Watford side that played an attacking 3-5-2, featured 2 of the top scorers in the league and finished highest scorers in the league by 12 goals wasn''t exciting to watch? 
Bulls**t.

Did any of you thick pro Zolarites ever watch Watford play under him?

They looked like Barcelona compared to the shite we have been served.

[quote user="JF"]Did any of you thick pro Zolarites ever watch Watford play under him?

They looked like Barcelona compared to the shite we have been served.[/quote]

This. They looked awful defensively, but if you whined about the lack of attacking play and whine about Zola, you aren''t smart.

[quote user="splutcho"]

[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWSc3-NACSY[/url]   

B*llocks to it, I hate this forum.[/quote]

[quote user="Phillip J Fry"][quote user="Wiz"]

[/quote]

A Watford side that played an attacking 3-5-2, featured 2 of the top scorers in the league and finished highest scorers in the league by 12 goals wasn''t exciting to watch? 

Bulls**t.

[/quote]

But isn''t promotion our priority Phillip?

[quote user="Wiz"][quote user="Phillip J Fry"][quote user="Wiz"]

No? well I did and it wasn''t pretty.[/quote]

Bulls**t.

[/quote]

[/quote]
That wasn''t the point I was challenging. You said that watching a Watford ''wasn''t pretty''. This is quite clearly incorrect as they were the top scorers in the division by a considerable distance and were renowned for their fast-paced, shot-passing game. many pundits considered them the best ''footballing'' side in the division.
I''m not sure where promotion comes into it. I didn''t mention it and neither did you in your original post. Typical Strawman argument.

[quote user="Phillip J Fry"][quote user="Wiz"][quote user="Phillip J Fry"][quote user="Wiz"]

[/quote]

Bulls**t.

[/quote]

[/quote]

That wasn''t the point I was challenging. You said that watching a Watford ''wasn''t pretty''. This is quite clearly incorrect as they were the top scorers in the division by a considerable distance and were renowned for their fast-paced, shot-passing game. many pundits considered them the best ''footballing'' side in the division.

I''m not sure where promotion comes into it. I didn''t mention it and neither did you in your original post. Typical Strawman argument.

[/quote]

I was polite to you Phillip but you could''nt resist the tag insult could you? shame.

If we got a manager from the Belgian 3rd division you''d say you''d seen their games Wiz.

[quote user="Wiz"]
I was polite to you Phillip but you could''nt resist the tag insult could you? shame.[/quote]
A strawman isn''t an insult, it''s a technique sometimes used in an argument:
https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/strawman

People give you short shrift because you are a co(k Wiz, surely this can''t come as a surprise?

[quote user="morty"]People give you short shrift because you are a co(k Wiz, surely this can''t come as a surprise?[/quote]

Huzzah!