Sign in to follow this  
CanaryNath

SSN Zola

Just seen on SSN, Zola was asked about the Norwich job, and was very complementary about the club, the way it is structured and said it was a good possibility and that he''ll see how things go.

If it is Zola, not classed as good enough in Jan,

As he not working negotiations could not have taken this long, he must be the Boards Plan F

Hmm, would rather him than Adams, he did alright first season at West Ham, did well with the youngsters and then was unlucky not to get Watford promoted in his first season there.

Not the best name we''ve been strongly linked with, but not the worst either.I don''t think he''d be disastrous as some people are making out. Took Watford to 3rd in the league, and they didn''t have a squad as good as we have (at the moment anyway!)I don''t think it''ll end up being Zola anyway.

Have you noticed that whoever''s name is in the frame it gets greeted by a chorus of "Oh God no" or "Not him it will be a disaster". Seen the same for Adams, Lennon and Malky.

That just goes to show that there really aren''t any stand out candidates out there that will be universally taken to by the fans - so far anyway. To be honest there are all these names being bandied about and every one of them is going to be quite a risk. At least with Zola we get to enjoy the ride!

Why do people not qualify as to why they have a negative attitude towards Zola?

The man brought in some very good players at Watford and nearly took them up.

With perhaps even better players at NCFC, he might go that one better.

And we will see better football.

My favourite is the guys who want Eddie Howe desperately even though his one foray out of Bournemouth lead to disaster due to being homesick

Yeah, he''d get on great in Norfolk.

[quote user="Buh"]My favourite is the guys who want Eddie Howe desperately even though his one foray out of Bournemouth lead to disaster due to being homesick Yeah, he''d get on great in Norfolk.[/quote]

That was 4 years ago and he wasn''t homesick - his mother past away suddenly and he had a young child who was staying in Bournemouth with his wife, who wasn''t keen to relocate to Burnley (can you blame her).

At least he admitted it wasn''t working and resigned rather than many managers who would just wait to get sacked and a pay-off. He''s done an excellent job with Bournemouth and would be my first choice as manager.

A meek, mild-mannered Italian is something Norwich definitely don''t need.His sides have been flimsy at the back, but good to watch. Would it result in an influx of unknown Italians?Zola would be the prime candidate to work under a technical director as he doesn''t really have the personality or charisma to take on a full-time manager role.

[quote user="Hairy Canary"]Have you noticed that whoever''s name is in the frame it gets greeted by a chorus of "Oh God no" or "Not him it will be a disaster". Seen the same for Adams, Lennon and Malky.

That just goes to show that there really aren''t any stand out candidates out there that will be universally taken to by the fans - so far anyway. To be honest there are all these names being bandied about and every one of them is going to be quite a risk. At least with Zola we get to enjoy the ride![/quote]I dont think think its because there isnt a stand out candidate, I think its because the 5 main names in Malky, Lennon, Zola, Adams and Sherwood are all different in personality and footballing style.Have favoured the Zola option myself as like you said, it will be a ride to enjoy and however it turned out its a complete break from the crab football we have endured over the last 2 seasons. I also feel that Zola would be a big draw in recruiting (and keeping the ones we have) players from home and abroad. If we could grab Vialli as Tech director too ..................

Too short, too foreign and too much like a mini Dave Grohl. Plus they would repeat that bloody goal from the corner over and over again.

Doubt Zola being here would result in lots of young Italian players joining as they did with him at Watford.

Watford''s owner also had an interest in an Italian club hence a "family agreement" for them all to come and play for him there. No such connections here.

[quote user="hogesar"]Still, better than McCarthy though..[/quote]If you say so. I don''t think there''s a lot wrong with him at all for second tier level.

[quote user="Hairy Canary"]Have you noticed that whoever''s name is in the frame it gets greeted by a chorus of "Oh God no" or "Not him it will be a disaster". [/quote]That! Should for any reason Alex Ferguson want to magane City some would say something alongside the lines the he''d past it, look how wrong he got it with Moyes, he''d get in all ManUre cast-off fat fats and he''d ultimately ruin the club.

[quote user="keelansgrandad"]Why do people not qualify as to why they have a negative attitude towards Zola?

And we will see better football.[/quote]He didn''t bring them in, the Pozzo''s loaned him players from Udinese and Granada and once this scheme was caught up on by the league he performed poorly last season.

[quote user="Molly Windley"][quote user="Hairy Canary"]Have you noticed that whoever''s name is in the frame it gets greeted by a chorus of "Oh God no" or "Not him it will be a disaster". Seen the same for Adams, Lennon and Malky.

That just goes to show that there really aren''t any stand out candidates out there that will be universally taken to by the fans - so far anyway. To be honest there are all these names being bandied about and every one of them is going to be quite a risk. At least with Zola we get to enjoy the ride![/quote]I dont think think its because there isnt a stand out candidate, I think its because the 5 main names in Malky, Lennon, Zola, Adams and Sherwood are all different in personality and footballing style.Have favoured the Zola option myself as like you said, it will be a ride to enjoy and however it turned out its a complete break from the crab football we have endured over the last 2 seasons. I also feel that Zola would be a big draw in recruiting (and keeping the ones we have) players from home and abroad. If we could grab Vialli as Tech director too ..................[/quote]Vialli and Zola, two failed Watford managers...how inspiring [:S]

Malky back to 1/8 with Paddy Power , weirdest manager betting i think i have seen , maybe our Board really have not got a clue .

[quote user="CanaryOne"]Malky back to 1/8 with Paddy Power , weirdest manager betting i think i have seen , maybe our Board really have not got a clue .
[/quote]

Think it is more likely the punters don''t have a clue, hence the odds keep changing. Don''t think Delia has a hotline to Ladbrooks saying "we are thinking Lennon now so make that favourite".

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="keelansgrandad"]Why do people not qualify as to why they have a negative attitude towards Zola?

And we will see better football.[/quote]He didn''t bring them in, the Pozzo''s loaned him players from Udinese and Granada and once this scheme was caught up on by the league he performed poorly last season.[/quote]

That is fair enough if he didn''t bring them in.

Mind you, he did get them playing well.

I was just posting because I don''t see how the fans expect the board to make the right decision when as soon as a name is in the frame on here, there always seem to be two negatives for everybody positive.

Every candidate mentioned has plusses and minuses and will tell the board at his interview that he is the right fit for the club, has always liked us and the area and will bounce us straight back.

It literally might just come down to a hunch.

No Way.
Thankfully the fact he''s had to publicly state he''s interested and praise the club indicates to me that he is well down the pecking order IMO