Sign in to follow this  
I Love Fernando Derveld

If Derby don't go up...

I''d love to see us try to get Chrissy Martin back here. Clearly found his feet at Championship level and has matured hugely as a player and a person in the 2 years since he left here, local boy, loves the club. Obviously depends on the manager but I for one would love to see it happen

No.  Chris Martin is a successful Derby player.  Let him go.   He has rebuilt his career from a low ebb - and good for him for that.  Returning here would just be a step backwards into the past - not always a good thing, personally or football wise.

no, why pay 3-4m for someone we let go for free 12 months ago, much better players will become available.

If he came back to Norwich he would already have quite a few ''supporters'' on his back before he played his first game.

He has done well, as many of us thought he might, but a return would not work.

Pity he left in the first place though.

[quote user="I Love Fernando Derveld"]I''d love to see us try to get Chrissy Martin back here. Clearly found his feet at Championship level and has matured hugely as a player and a person in the 2 years since he left here, local boy, loves the club. Obviously depends on the manager but I for one would love to see it happen

[/quote]He was actually a decent player when he was here, but it''s another example of a player hounded out by the idiocy of our fans.

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="I Love Fernando Derveld"]I''d love to see us try to get Chrissy Martin back here. Clearly found his feet at Championship level and has matured hugely as a player and a person in the 2 years since he left here, local boy, loves the club. Obviously depends on the manager but I for one would love to see it happen

[/quote]He was actually a decent player when he was here, but it''s another example of a player hounded out by the idiocy of our fans.[/quote]

Chris Martin, is that you???

Look what happened with Jamie cureton any other club he plays for scores bucket loads comes back to us couldn''t hit a barn door although he loved the club sometimes its just not meant to be

Worth consideration OP. Being a local product might make it an easier matter, although as has been muted, it would hurt to pay £ms for a player we let go for freeish.

Perhaps we could tempt Derby with a swap for our unsettled little Irishman and a little cash. Interesting dilemma this as to who has done the best from the deal, us or Derby, taking into account it is Championship level we will be talking about.

If Derby do go up then CM could again find himself coming up short. It will be very interesting to monitor his progress in the PL the second time around. Clearly he has matured both as a player and a person, but this metamorphosis was taking place in his final days at Norwich.