Sign in to follow this  

We all have different opinions on who the right man would/would not be, even amongst the group of lads i go to games with we differ massively. However, lets all keep an open mind and get behind whoever it may be - give them half a season at least before we all start moaning about style of play etc.

[quote user="I Love Fernando Derveld"]We all have different opinions on who the right man would/would not be, even amongst the group of lads i go to games with we differ massively. However, lets all keep an open mind and get behind whoever it may be - give them half a season at least before we all start moaning about style of play etc.[/quote]

You''ve got no chance.  Hughton was written off before his first competitive game - and yes I do believe the negativity surrounding him from day one affected the outcome of his tenure - the next manager will suffer the same fate if he has a poor start - then we''ll be looking for another manager in a year or less...............

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="I Love Fernando Derveld"]We all have different opinions on who the right man would/would not be, even amongst the group of lads i go to games with we differ massively. However, lets all keep an open mind and get behind whoever it may be - give them half a season at least before we all start moaning about style of play etc.[/quote]

You''ve got no chance.  Hughton was written off before his first competitive game - and yes I do believe the negativity surrounding him from day one affected the outcome of his tenure - the next manager will suffer the same fate if he has a poor start - then we''ll be looking for another manager in a year or less...............

[/quote]I think that''s unfair LDC.  He was widely supported when hired, but always had an impossible job following Lambert.  His results didn''t help him either (including a 5-0 mauling in his first game in charge), and bar a ten game honeymoon period he would have been gone long before he eventually got the boot.Anyone who went to the Ajax friendly in 2012 will tell you all you need to know about Hughton''s reign.  That game summed it up perfectly, little were we to know at the time.

God I do hate these threads where people try to be the voice of reason, giving rallying cries to the fans etc. It''s so cringeworthy. I''d prefer false rumours, false sightings. ''Let''s all make sure we get behind the new man, whoever he is'' - oh shut the f uck up.

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="I Love Fernando Derveld"]We all have different opinions on who the right man would/would not be, even amongst the group of lads i go to games with we differ massively. However, lets all keep an open mind and get behind whoever it may be - give them half a season at least before we all start moaning about style of play etc.
[/quote]

[/quote]

I think that''s unfair LDC.  He was widely supported when hired, but always had an impossible job following Lambert.  His results didn''t help him either (including a 5-0 mauling in his first game in charge), and bar a ten game honeymoon period he would have been gone long before he eventually got the boot.

Anyone who went to the Ajax friendly in 2012 will tell you all you need to know about Hughton''s reign.  That game summed it up perfectly, little were we to know at the time.
[/quote]

I couldn''t believe how disjointed we were in those pre-season games!

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="I Love Fernando Derveld"]We all have different opinions on who the right man would/would not be, even amongst the group of lads i go to games with we differ massively. However, lets all keep an open mind and get behind whoever it may be - give them half a season at least before we all start moaning about style of play etc.[/quote]You''ve got no chance.  Hughton was written off before his first competitive game - and yes I do believe the negativity surrounding him from day one affected the outcome of his tenure - the next manager will suffer the same fate if he has a poor start - then we''ll be looking for another manager in a year or less...............[/quote]I think that''s unfair LDC.  He was widely supported when hired, but always had an impossible job following Lambert.  His results didn''t help him either (including a 5-0 mauling in his first game in charge), and bar a ten game honeymoon period he would have been gone long before he eventually got the boot.Anyone who went to the Ajax friendly in 2012 will tell you all you need to know about Hughton''s reign.  That game summed it up perfectly, little were we to know at the time.[/quote]

Ah yes. The Ajax game.  The one where a lot fans made their minds up.  So the negativity after Lambert left, combined with Hughton''s more pragmatic approach set the tone for his tenure - even before a ball was kicked in anger.   You described his job as impossible - I would agree with that. 

The whole of the last two years has been some kind of reality check, after the heights of the Lambert era.    I just wonder how far our next manager will get if things don''t go well.  Hughton was written off in some quarters from the very beginning - and I don''t think that helped him one bit - I hope the next manager gets a bit more understanding and time to get his way of doing things working - otherwise the negative feel around the club will continue.........and we know where that leads.    That is why it is going to be a difficult season next year - it will take a very strong character to deal with the unreal expectations of our fans, especially if we get off on the wrong foot.  

[quote user="YellowNets1901"]God I do hate these threads where people try to be the voice of reason, giving rallying cries to the fans etc. It''s so cringeworthy. I''d prefer false rumours, false sightings. ''Let''s all make sure we get behind the new man, whoever he is'' - oh shut the f uck up.[/quote]Yeah why be the voice of reason when you can start another ridiculous thread saying somebody isn''t up to a job they haven''t even started doing yet. Thanks you''ve reminded me why I stopped looking at/posting on this message board in the first place.

[quote user="I Love Fernando Derveld"][quote user="YellowNets1901"]God I do hate these threads where people try to be the voice of reason, giving rallying cries to the fans etc. It''s so cringeworthy. I''d prefer false rumours, false sightings. ''Let''s all make sure we get behind the new man, whoever he is'' - oh shut the f uck up.[/quote]Yeah why be the voice of reason when you can start another ridiculous thread saying somebody isn''t up to a job they haven''t even started doing yet. Thanks you''ve reminded me why I stopped looking at/posting on this message board in the first place.[/quote][Y]Fresh start, new manager... come on guys. We are all Norwich supporters, and that''s the key word. Let''s support our club and stop doomwatching!