Sign in to follow this  
Nicko

Neil Lennon to stand down as Celtic manager

I find it infinitely funny that those accusing Neil Lennon of being too aggressive are the same ones that said Hughton was too nice.

According to a scottish journo, Lennon''s agent reckons he is not in talks with any club.Ties up with what was being said a few days ago about his family.Perhaps we are still managerless! And if Malky gets the nod for Celtic.....

[quote user="YellowNets1901"]I don''t think he''s heading here at all. We can''t compete with the Premier League. Malky, a club hero, doesn''t seem to even want us. Zola it is.[/quote]According to the Daily Mail Mackay may be Celtic''s first choice to replace Lennon. That would make much more sense than the Larsson idea. And might explain why our delay - Mackay guessed (or was warned) the Celtic job might be coming up. And could leave us with Zola.

"And could leave us with Zola."

Not a bad thing imo purple if the boards vision of the way they want Norwich to play is to be enacted.

Maybe the Board is already aware of all these issues re: Lennon and Mackay well before us and is tying up loose ends with the right candidate as we speak. Delia seemed pretty confident a deal would be soon on Monday.

[quote user="Monty13"]"And could leave us with Zola."

Not a bad thing imo purple if the boards vision of the way they want Norwich to play is to be enacted.

Maybe the Board is already aware of all these issues re: Lennon and Mackay well before us and is tying up loose ends with the right candidate as we speak. Delia seemed pretty confident a deal would be soon on Monday.[/quote]Monty, I have seen Norwich City play football in seven decades and only in two decades - the 1970s and the 1980s - was there a single recognisable style or "way". There wasn''t before and there hasn''t been since.The point about Hughton''s "way" was not so much that it was anti-Norwich - in theory it wasn''t disimilar to that ''70s and ''80s possession-based style - but that it was fatally flawed in practice. And that it was not just defensive but cowardly.If the directors are looking for a manager more willing to take the fight to the opposition from time to time, then I am all for that. But if the aim is attacking football for the sake of pleasing the crowd, and hang the defensive frailties, then that is a recipe for failure. Which is why I don''t want Zola.