Sign in to follow this  
Nicko

Neil Lennon to stand down as Celtic manager

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/breaking-news-neil-lennon-stand-3587279

Statement to be released today apparently.

[quote user="yellowdamien"]If it''s us, surely we should expect a press conference in the next couple of hours?[/quote]

Would we reveal him first or would Celtic announce his departure? Maybe he''d take a day from departing to joining and having has announcement too? (If it''s actually the case)

Don''t blame him. Leaving because he''s not getting enough to spend on players.

Good luck to him in the Premiership next season.

As in 2015/16 i take it you mean? Thanks for the vote of confidence!

He''s 33-1 for the WBA job and there are no other jobs going now Pards, Sam and Lambo kept their jobs.

If Lennon wants an instant return, we might just be his best option.

This does fit in with the delay we''ve had in announcing the manager. Id have thought he''d prefer to go to West Brom as they are still Premier League, but who knows, might be viewing the clubs in the long term ands might prefer us for some reason. He''s a fan of Hooper and Snodgrss so there''s two reasons right there. Celtic have a lot of players who played at top championship level before who would also make good signings should they also want to move on

Christ! They tumbled! I missed my window! I bet you could make a career on betting like this, although i''d have probably had a tenner lumped on Malk already and maybe a bit on Adams!

[quote user="yellowdamien"]Champions - don''t Celtic have their own message board for you to bore?[/quote]

This is a thread about a former Celtic manager, I just thought I''d share my views.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Christ! They tumbled! I missed my window! I bet you could make a career on betting like this, although i''d have probably had a tenner lumped on Malk already and maybe a bit on Adams![/quote]Price also dropping sharply for the Baggies job though 5/1

I would be very happy with Lennon - the best candidate for me by a long, long way and I think we would be a good fit or him too.

We could just storm the Champs next season with Lennon as manager, some discipline and focus and Redmond, Ruddy etc committing themselves.

Well he is off somewhere, possibly here. Some fans want him some like me not 100% given his lack of managerial experience outside Scotland but he could be good

If we''d stayed up, Lennon would''ve probably been our manager. Because the season was mismanaged, he''ll probably join a Premier League side. The true cost of relegation. The gulf is huge.

They know each other from Celtic and were seen chatting at the Fulham game.[quote user="The Great Mass Debater"]Have Lennon and McNally worked together before?[/quote]

[quote user="YellowNets1901"]He''ll go to West Brom.[/quote]

Since he left Celtic over the wanting money to improve the playing squad, I''d be surprised if he ended up at West Brom. I don''t think they brought anyone of note in last summer, and even sold Shane Long. I doubt West Brom have a lot of money to spend.

I really hope he is off to West Brom personally but I suspect he is headed to us...not a bad appointment by any means, just doesn''t feel like the man the board is promising will produce their vision of the Norwich way...

I don''t think he''s heading here at all. We can''t compete with the Premier League. Malky, a club hero, doesn''t seem to even want us. Zola it is.