Sign in to follow this  
Standard Beagle

The Board's first choice WAS Lennon.

[quote user="ncfcstar"]Actually Champions, the Championship is the fourth biggest league in Europe - god knows where the SPL is on that list, doubt it is even in the top ten.[/quote]

No it isn''t. Do you mean in size or quality?

La Liga > Bundesliga > EPL > Seria A.

He''s referring to total attendances. The Championship has higher crowds than Series A, only the Premier League, Bundesliga and La Liga have higher.

I''m not sure the SPL even feature on the list of 20. Seems like it''s irrelevant to those in Scotland as well as those outside of it.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]He''s referring to total attendances. The Championship has higher crowds than Series A, only the Premier League, Bundesliga and La Liga have higher.

I''m not sure the SPL even feature on the list of 20. Seems like it''s irrelevant to those in Scotland as well as those outside of it.[/quote]

Arguably your sides greatest ever player, Snodgrass, came from Scotland''s division 2.

I doubt you could find a fan that would put Snodgrass in an all time list! He is decent though.

[quote user="littleyellowbirdie"]Celtic had a pretty good crack at the Champion''s League to be fair.[/quote]

Exactly. As good a crack as any English side had that year. It happened. Neil Lennon took a side on a shoe string budget to the Last 16. It was no fluke, we got some quality results that year.

[quote user="Champions"][quote user="littleyellowbirdie"]Celtic had a pretty good crack at the Champion''s League to be fair.[/quote]

Exactly. As good a crack as any English side had that year. It happened. Neil Lennon took a side on a shoe string budget to the Last 16. It was no fluke, we got some quality results that year.[/quote]That was my original point, the fact that those few European games each year are Neil Lennon''s only real challenge as Celtic manager. The rest of his season is a stroll in the park. It''s not about whether Celtic are bigger than Norwich or whether the Championship is better than the SPL, it''s about Lennon testing his ability over a whole season, and quite honestly he''s not testing himself managing in the SPL, is he?

[quote user="Power Hamster"][quote user="Champions"][quote user="littleyellowbirdie"]Celtic had a pretty good crack at the Champion''s League to be fair.[/quote]

Exactly. As good a crack as any English side had that year. It happened. Neil Lennon took a side on a shoe string budget to the Last 16. It was no fluke, we got some quality results that year.[/quote]That was my original point, the fact that those few European games each year are Neil Lennon''s only real challenge as Celtic manager. The rest of his season is a stroll in the park. It''s not about whether Celtic are bigger than Norwich or whether the Championship is better than the SPL, it''s about Lennon testing his ability over a whole season, and quite honestly he''s not testing himself managing in the SPL, is he?[/quote]

He has to deal with the pressure of being expected to win every game.

Every team ups their game when they play Celtic in the SPL. It is a cup final to them.

I''m not sure what he has to prove? If I supported Norwich I''d be absolutely ecstatic at the prospect of Neil Lennon becoming my clubs manager.

Put it this way, if someone is good enough for Celtic, they are more than good enough for Norwich.

Gordon Strachan had great success at Celtic then went to Middlesbrough and....lead Middlesbrough to 20th place before leaving by mutual consent.

Tony Mowbray went from Celtic to ironically Middlesborough and failed to make the playoffs...twice, before a run of 2 wins in twelve games lead to him leaving by mutual consent.

Yes the recent past has shown us that what''s good enough for Celtic is good enough for the Championship...oh wait?!!

[quote user="Monty13"]Gordon Strachan had great success at Celtic then went to Middlesbrough and....lead Middlesbrough to 20th place before leaving by mutual consent.

Tony Mowbray went from Celtic to ironically Middlesborough and failed to make the playoffs...twice, before a run of 2 wins in twelve games lead to him leaving by mutual consent.

Yes the recent past has shown us that what''s good enough for Celtic is good enough for the Championship...oh wait?!![/quote]

Mowbray was Celtic''s worst ever manager and was sacked in his first season at the club. Strachan wasn''t liked by the majority of Celtic fans because of his style and choice of player.

Champions wrote the following post at 21/05/2014 11:18 PM:

Put it this way, if someone is good enough for Celtic, they are more than good enough for Norwich.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Do you honestly believe this or have you just not switched on your brain. There''s one bl00dy team in the SPL thats guaranteed to win it every year. Celtic are the equivalent to a very good championship side, the rest are a poor league one standard, I feel sorry for people who have to watch it, including celtic fans, it must be incredibly boring....thats probably why theres their fans now deciding to support us

[quote user="mrs miggins"]Champions wrote the following post at 21/05/2014 11:18 PM:

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Do you honestly believe this or have you just not switched on your brain. There''s one bl00dy team in the SPL thats guaranteed to win it every year. Celtic are the equivalent to a very good championship side, the rest are a poor league one standard, I feel sorry for people who have to watch it, including celtic fans, it must be incredibly boring....thats probably why theres their fans now deciding to support us[/quote]

Celtic are much better than any Championship team. Our Champions League results show this.

I know arrogance comes naturally to you Englishmen, but come on! Surely you can''t be that arrogant?

[quote user="mrs miggins"]What was that "Champions"?[/quote]

Celtic are the Champions. That''s not arrogance.

Champions wrote the following post at 22/05/2014 12:30 AM:

Celtic are much better than any Championship team. Our Champions League results show this.

--------------------------------------

Can I just say, this bit was my favourite

[quote user="mrs miggins"]Champions wrote the following post at 22/05/2014 12:30 AM:

--------------------------------------

Can I just say, this bit was my favourite[/quote]

Oi Oi, facking sweep it unda the caaarpet, yeah init? Didn''t facking ''appen.

[quote user="Champions"][quote user="canarywales"]and half the celtic forums think Larsson is returning as manager, why would that be if Lennon is staying ????[/quote]

No they don''t.

Just last night Lennon said he was worried about losing some of Celtic''s key players to Europe''s elite.

Now, as Norwich''s manager, why would Lennon care about this?[/quote]

Evidently he doesn''t care, who was so arrogant that Lennon not leaving Celtic now, will be even funnier if he comes here rather than the Baggies

[quote user="canarywales"][quote user="Champions"][quote user="canarywales"]and half the celtic forums think Larsson is returning as manager, why would that be if Lennon is staying ????[/quote]

No they don''t.

Just last night Lennon said he was worried about losing some of Celtic''s key players to Europe''s elite.

Now, as Norwich''s manager, why would Lennon care about this?[/quote]

Evidently he doesn''t care, who was so arrogant that Lennon not leaving Celtic now, will be even funnier if he comes here rather than the Baggies[/quote]

He''s leaving because he wasn''t given a big enough budget, Samaras was also not offered a new contract despite Lennon wanting him to stay.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]aaaannd that noise is the door hitting Champion on the Ar*e as he leaves the message board....[/quote]

He''s still not going to Norwich.

He only left because of the budget.

There is so far no mention of where he is going, between us n the Baggies they say, and being What go through managers like they do and are no bigger than us smaller than Celtic clubs either way you were well wrong, and.you called is arrogant English, kettle n pot it seems but who is wearing egg

Your attitude that Lennon was not leaving and would not go to a smaller club like is was.arrogant, Celtic are a bigger club but with less money than us

[quote user="canarywales"]Your attitude that Lennon was not leaving and would not go to a smaller club like is was.arrogant, Celtic are a bigger club but with less money than us[/quote]

Less money? It''s called spending within your means.

He''s left because he''s fed up of raking in profits and not seeing any of it. We''re a club with zero debt yet he still gets given pennies, all while the people at the top stuff their pockets.

And.we have zero debt, prem money from the season that finished, parachute payments, a.ceo that is ambitious despite this season''s fiasco, and.to add to that yesterday you told.me I was.wrong about your forum saying Lennon was leaving and Larsson was favourite for his job, you were wrong