Sign in to follow this  
Standard Beagle

The Board's first choice WAS Lennon.

Rumour has it that Mr Lennon was offered the job just after Hughton was sacked. He was willing to take it, however he had to turn down due to family problems. Therefore, Adams got the job.

Second time around, , we''ve approached Lennon and a few others at different clubs. (Sean Dyche being one of those) and again he said that his family has to come first.

Just a rumour like I said.

[quote user="Standard Beagle"]Rumour has it that Mr Lennon was offered the job just after Hughton was sacked. He was willing to take it, however he had to turn down due to family problems. Therefore, Adams got the job.

Second time around, , we''ve approached Lennon and a few others at different clubs. (Sean Dyche being one of those) and again he said that his family has to come first.

Just a rumour like I said.[/quote]A rumour from where? From a source at the club, from a dodgy internet site/forum, or from the recesses of your imagination? Some context would be good, everyone''s pretty sceptical at the moment...

You title the thread as a statement of fact and then say it is a rumour in your opening post............I despair of some people. [*-)]

[quote user="Standard Beagle"]Rumour has it that Mr Lennon was offered the job just after Hughton was sacked. He was willing to take it, however he had to turn down due to family problems. Therefore, Adams got the job.

Just a rumour like I said.[/quote]Hi Wiz.

love how people think the manager of a promted side wont come here but the manager of a champions league side and guarenteed title winner would!!

The real problem with Neil Lennon is that nobody really knows if he is any good as a manager, since his only job as a manager has been at Celtic. Let''s be honest, you could put Bryan Gunn or Chris Hughton or anybody in charge of Celtic and they would walk the Scottish title.So really, he would be just as much of an unknown quantity as Neil Adams, and just as much of a risk.

To be fair he hasn''t said Dyche would come here/be interested. He''s saying we approached him (and others).

What a load of BS the OP is. We would never even have approached Celtic before their season had ended and he would certainly not just have upped and left. And he has made it as clear as he can that he now wants to come here so the family thing is obviously BS.

[quote user="Kangaroo Court"]What a load of BS the OP is. We would never even have approached Celtic before their season had ended and he would certainly not just have upped and left. And he has now made it as clear as he can that he now wants to come here so the family thing is obviously BS.[/quote]

Have I missed something ??????

I thought it has been common knowledge for the last 6 months that Lennon is the boards 1st choice? I still expect him to be named as manager.

[quote user="Champions"]And what family problems would this be, then? Utter rubbish. He rejected you.[/quote]

Is this a fact? Do you have inside info? Or just hoping?

well being we do not actually know if he has been spoken to or not we have no bloody idea if he is wanting to come here or not, rejected or negotiating terms, its all speculation and guess work

Neil lennon had a long career as a pro footballer, he then managed Celtic for a few seasons, if he moves from them, it would be for the challenge of managing in England. I doubt a Premier league Club would want him until he''s proved himself elsewhere.

I hope that elsewhere is Carrow rd. He only had a handful of challenging games per season in Scotland, nearly all Champs League. The prospect of coming to a top Championship side, which we will be, must tickle his fancy if he has any ambition at all. Important games every week with the target of promotion, yep, i know he''s an abrasive character, but who ever said Alex Ferguson is a nice guy? Plenty said it about CH, and look where he got us.

Celtic may have more supporters and CL footy but anyone with half an ounce of nouse knows where the real challenges lie.

He''s a smart ,tough cookie . I''m not surprised if he is/was first choice.

[quote user="Power Hamster"]The real problem with Neil Lennon is that nobody really knows if he is any good as a manager, since his only job as a manager has been at Celtic. Let''s be honest, you could put Bryan Gunn or Chris Hughton or anybody in charge of Celtic and they would walk the Scottish title.So really, he would be just as much of an unknown quantity as Neil Adams, and just as much of a risk.[/quote]

Yeah, beating teams like Barcelona, Spartak Mockow, Ajax and qualifying for the Last 16 - no one knows how good he is.

A season playing the likes of Barnsley and Shrewsbury will show the world his managerial ability,

[quote user="canarywales"]and half the celtic forums think Larsson is returning as manager, why would that be if Lennon is staying ????[/quote]

No they don''t.

Just last night Lennon said he was worried about losing some of Celtic''s key players to Europe''s elite.

Now, as Norwich''s manager, why would Lennon care about this?

Neither Barnsley or Shrewsbury are in The Championship, although both would probably qualify for Europe if they were playing in Scotland.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]Neither Barnsley or Shrewsbury are in The Championship, although both would probably qualify for Europe if they were playing in Scotland.[/quote]

Just highlights how little interest anyone outside of England has in the English Championship. Irrelevant league.

And yet the rewards for success in it far outweigh winning the Scottish PL.

Actually Champions, the Championship is the fourth biggest league in Europe - god knows where the SPL is on that list, doubt it is even in the top ten.

[quote user="Champions"][quote user="Mr Brownstone"]Neither Barnsley or Shrewsbury are in The Championship, although both would probably qualify for Europe if they were playing in Scotland.[/quote]

Just highlights how little interest anyone outside of England has in the English Championship. Irrelevant league.[/quote] try reading your own.teams forums.then coz plenty.do, betting also suspended by a couple of companies