Sign in to follow this  
Trevor Chilver

Has Ashton alienated rest of squad?

I was not happy that Norwich had gone out of their way to accomodate the demands of a yet to be proven young striker. What message has this sent to the rest of the squad? What does does Huckerby, Mckenzie et al think when  Ashton is given priority over them without to date acheiving a bean?

This is the reason that the team is not playing as a team and why we are bottom of a very poor league. If Wigan and others wanted to spend over £7,000,000 on him we should have let him go and used the money to good use; although I would not entrust Mr Worthington with a penny until he appoints David Willams as first team coach. Mr Willaims is one of the very best and should  be promoted a.s.a.p; he also has green and yellow in his veigns!

We are in  need of a fresh coaching face to support Worthington and give the players confidence and nock them out of this losing mentality!

If not how about appointing Alan Shearer as player manager?

Yes I have to agree with you there.

The only players I would have applauded come the end of the game would have been Hucks, Safri and Shackell.

I felt for Hucks especially yesterday as he worked his socks off, but to no avail.

[quote]Yes I have to agree with you there. The only players I would have applauded come the end of the game would have been Hucks, Safri and Shackell. I felt for Hucks especially yesterday as he worked hi...[/quote]

what about brennan, he was sharp yesturday.

but i have to agree, ashton and mckenzie were really. Ashton cant complain as he missed two fairly easy chances, one being an easy 1-on-1 chip over the keeper.

[quote]what about brennan, he was sharp yesturday. but i have to agree, ashton and mckenzie were really. Ashton cant complain as he missed two fairly easy chances, one being an easy 1-on-1 chip over the kee...[/quote]

Sorry AJ.  I did think Brennan had a good game yesterday.  I forget him because he isnt a permanent fixture!  He had the best game I have seen him play.

I know the service was poor but Ashton did miss a couple of ''easy'' goals

[quote]I was not happy that Norwich had gone out of their way to accomodate the demands of a yet to be proven young striker. What message has this sent to the rest of the squad? What does does Huckerby, Mcke...[/quote]

Things are clearly not right at the club at the moment and our two starting strikers seem to be at the heart of it (and may explain why we went for Morrison).

My sole genuine insider at the club tells me that Leon HAS asked for a transfer only for it to be declined by the club.  He is desperate to move back to London to be closer to his family.

He also advied that Ashton had heard of Man Citehs interest in him and asked the club for the ''opportunity'' to speak to them to see what they would offer.  Again the club declined, stated he was a city player and was offered a pay rise and an extra year on his contract to sweeten the blow.

This is not a conspiracy theory but comes from the same director+ level person at the club who told me we were signing ashton (and of the late bids) on the thursday before it was announced.

It would explain the well below performances from both ashton and leon over the las couple of weeks as it seems their hearts are no longer with the club, why morrison emerged as a target and why cash has not yet been spent on the thread bare midfield - it may be needed elsewhere...

Until this sort of strife is sorted out the club will not progress; the club has to be united within itself for us to improve.

OTBC

Yes this reminds me of the time when we got a player in who was obviously on more money than anyone, we then signed him. We were going well that season but then everything failed as we went up by winning the division. Can''t remember who that was

I also love it when the club keeps their transfer dealings pretty quiet but will happily tell all the inside workings of Colney to anyone on the street