Sign in to follow this  
Reading Canary

The board are a laughing stock

The events of the past 10 days have shown what an amateur bunch our board are . First McNally announces last Sunday that a new manager will be in place within a week - you would hope that a professional operator earning £750k plus pa would not publicly commit to such a statement if it had any risk of not been carried out . Clearly there was risk as the announcement never happened. If he wasnt 100% certain then why say it - i suggest he wanted to demonstrate being decisive to all and sundry , but ended up scoring an own goal. Then the board come on Radio Norfolk 9.00am Monday and state that the new manager will be announced within 2-3 days - So 3 days have come and gone and still nothing . Why have they done this ? Why not simply say " we are looking to fill the position asap " - If the club is run by people who cant look beyond the end of their nose what confidence do we have of their selection criteria and process ? For me it''s none at all.

7 posts in six years? Still it''s a little harsh. As long as they appoint the right manager a couple of days here or there doesn''t matter, surely?

[quote user="Rock The Boat"]7 posts in six years? Still it''s a little harsh. As long as they appoint the right manager a couple of days here or there doesn''t matter, surely?[/quote]

Then at least two negative ones in one day, I smell bin.

OP, would you rather the right person or for them to get someone in within a 3 day period? Things change, it''s complicated, something you clearly have no comprehension of.

Thank god they''re doing the job and have provided us 2 years promotion and 3 years top flight in a row, something you wouldn''t even know where to start i strongly imagine reading your post.

Laughing stock my a**

I''m inclined to agree OP. It''s not about whether we take a few extra days to appoint the new manager or not. It''s about judgement. Creating a self imposed deadlines is not sensible or good judgement. Nor was retaining Hughton''s services past the point of no return.

I''m really beginning to worry about what''s going on and who they will appoint. Zola is a non-starter. No track record of success. Lennon is an unknown quantity. No track record in a competitive environment.

For me it has to be Malky. I can only hope the delays are whilst the legal agreements with Cardiff are concluded.

It''s about Judgement? So if the person they wanted has hit a snag /delay? What should they do? Appoint someone else so that they''re no longer a ''laughing stock''? Give me a break!

Totally uneducated, selfish attitude to have if you ask me, just wait and put some faith in them. As i posted before, 2 promotions, 3 years in the top flight, i think they deserve some respect from their own ''supporters''.

All you''re trying to do is beat the board down with hearsay and what ''might be'', calm down and wait for some facts. They worry far more than you and i ever will over this. Trust me on that.

Uneducated? That''s ironic considering you''ve completely missed the point.

My point was about having sufficient judgement not to impose a frankly ridiculous deadline upon yourself. I have no issue with the board taking time to make the right appointment.

Try and keep up.

Why are they a laughing stock?

For all we know there could have been a settled candidate, who went away to think, consult his wife, etc, but then withdrew. There may have been complications in setting up the new structure and in finding the other personnel. It is not the usual case of "appoint a manager and he will bring his assistants with him"

We are not the biggest club in the land, we may have a lot of candidates whom nobody else wants, so we have a big task to attract a good manager.

Other clubs have been seeking managers for a few weeks, some of these big clubs.

I am as impatient as anyone, but I would prefer that they get it right this time, even if it means looking at more candidates left after the weeding out and taking a little longer.

How many times until people get it clear. I''m sure every single fan would prefer the board took their time to make the right appointment. Ok? Agreed?

The bit that some find ridiculous (me included) was coming out and saying we''d have a new manager ''within the week.''

It''s got absolutely nothing to do with impatience.

[quote user="YellowNets1901"]Why needlessly impose a deadline upon yourself in the first place?[/quote]

So knobheads like you can''t go "There isn''t even a timetable to get a new manager"

OOPS! guess he got it wrong again.