Sign in to follow this  
YellowNets1901

This is a circus

This silly, self-imposed deadline was a mistake. With the board under the spotlight following our avoidable relegation they suddenly announce they''ll appoint a manager within a week. They fail to do this.

Granted, they come on Radio Norfolk and do a good job of putting fans minds at rest re a new manager. They tell us a new manager is just days away. Now, I have no problem waiting. No problem whatsoever, I (like many/all of you) just want the right man, but it just makes the board look a little bit disorganised. They were clearly confident they could get someone in within that week. Whatever''s happened, that person is now unsure if he wants the job. Perhaps waiting for a better one.

Meanwhile, we have Adams, Zola and whoever else waiting in the wings, just incase we don''t get who we really want. This is how it seems to me. Now Neil Lennon resigns and most people get pretty excited, me included, only to find that his destination is likely going to be the Midlands, not Norfolk, and we suddenly find ourselves with Neil Adams as the bookies favourite, which is frankly depressing.

What a circus. This would not have been the case 3/4 years ago with our board. They knew they wanted Lambert back then. They got him, whatever the cost, despite us being on our knees financially at that time. Now it''s like a different board, a different McNally. To me, it just seems like they don''t know what they''re doing.

Zola, probably desperate for a job isn''t bothered about working with a Technical Director, Adams too, but this could be causing a problem with other candidates. Candidates who could aim higher if they wanted, so we might be putting people off. All speculation of course, but the club failing to appoint a manager when they said they would has turned this into a bit of a circus. If the outcome is Neil Adams, it''ll be a complete joke. It''ll be pretty clear that they''ve just settled for him because they couldn''t get who they really wanted.

[quote user="YellowNets1901"]This silly, self-imposed deadline was a mistake. With the board under the spotlight following our avoidable relegation they suddenly announce they''ll appoint a manager within a week. They fail to do this.

Granted, they come on Radio Norfolk and do a good job of putting fans minds at rest re a new manager. They tell us a new manager is just days away. Now, I have no problem waiting. No problem whatsoever, I (like many/all of you) just want the right man, but it just makes the board look a little bit disorganised. They were clearly confident they could get someone in within that week. Whatever''s happened, that person is now unsure if he wants the job. Perhaps waiting for a better one.

Meanwhile, we have Adams, Zola and whoever else waiting in the wings, just incase we don''t get who we really want. This is how it seems to me. Now Neil Lennon resigns and most people get pretty excited, me included, only to find that his destination is likely going to be the Midlands, not Norfolk, and we suddenly find ourselves with Neil Adams as the bookies favourite, which is frankly depressing.

What a circus. This would not have been the case 3/4 years ago with our board. They knew they wanted Lambert back then. They got him, whatever the cost, despite us being on our knees financially at that time. Now it''s like a different board, a different McNally. To me, it just seems like they don''t know what they''re doing.

Zola, probably desperate for a job isn''t bothered about working with a Technical Director, Adams too, but this could be causing a problem with other candidates. Candidates who could aim higher if they wanted, so we might be putting people off. All speculation of course, but the club failing to appoint a manager when they said they would has turned this into a bit of a circus. If the outcome is Neil Adams, it''ll be a complete joke. It''ll be pretty clear that they''ve just settled for him because they couldn''t get who they really wanted.[/quote][Y] absolutely agree with you Nets, if we end up with Adams the board and club become a laughing stock.  It will all end in tears and we''ll find ourselves mid table come November with fans calling for Adams to be sacked.

Mind of a overly religious 80 year old retired cab driver

Who has found out he is expected to go to the midlands??

You have made this up, he is odds on to be the next Norwich manager and 4/1 to be the West Brom Manager.

I would say it is highly likely that he will be coming here. Lets just wait and see.

I do agree that if we appoint Adams the board will look week. But they might not as yet.

Have bait of Faith, in the old days I would of said that we would have been likely to end up with Adams.

Today I would say we have a great chance of getting Lennon.

One of his mates tweeted that he''s off to West Brom, didn''t they? I know it''s not concrete but it''s still stronger than any links to Norwich.

It is the total lack of professionalism that the board shows that is the biggest worry.

Surely this shambles along with the failure to sack hughton and replace him with a radio commentator is enough suffering.

[quote user="YellowNets1901"]This silly, self-imposed deadline was a mistake. With the board under the spotlight following our avoidable relegation they suddenly announce they''ll appoint a manager within a week. They fail to do this.

Zola, probably desperate for a job isn''t bothered about working with a Technical Director, Adams too, but this could be causing a problem with other candidates. Candidates who could aim higher if they wanted, so we might be putting people off. All speculation of course, but the club failing to appoint a manager when they said they would has turned this into a bit of a circus. If the outcome is Neil Adams, it''ll be a complete joke. It''ll be pretty clear that they''ve just settled for him because they couldn''t get who they really wanted.[/quote]It is an entirely false comparison. Despite our temporarily reduced circumstances we were still a big step up for Lambert, and an easy decision for him to take. Not least because there were no other vacancies for him to consider.Now we are the lowest-ranked of the clubs without a manager (and of those that might soon be), so the likes of Mackay and Lennon have potentially more attractive options. You seem to think we are the masters of our destiny here when we are not. We are at the mercy of events in the way we were not five years ago.

[quote user="YellowNets1901"]Buh - you''re a c unt[/quote]

Nah mate, your just mad because I called your psychosis

Get some help fella or you''ll end up deaf in Lowestoft.

Was paranoia not an accurate word to use to describe you? Seems bang on to me.

If this is how you react to this then I''d hate to be around when something important in your life happens.

CUSDP - the problem with your timeline is that McNally stated in the radio Norfolk interview that the job had not been offered yet - so as of Monday morning.

Admitting the job had been offered would''ve been a bad move by McNally, for obvious reasons, even if it had been offered, so I''m not sure we can read much into that statement.

YN. I take your point. However I doubt if McNally would have brazenly lied when he he could have gone the politicians route and answered a different question.

However the truth probably lies in the semantics. They could have been/still are in negotiations with one (or more) candidate and whilst they may have had a favoured choice, technically the job had not been offered. Which would tie in with Delia''s ''its complicated'' comment.

Do you think that DM would have made that statement if something wasn''t already in play?

They clearly thought they would have their man in within a week.

It''s nonsense posts like these that lead to boards becoming more and more closed to the fans.

Next time would you prefer if they left us out of the loop?

"We should have our man within a week Delia but there''s a chance agents may try and string it out or something unforeseen could occur so let''s not tell the fans because they''ll claim we''re a circus".

Ugh.

Perhaps this could all be good.

Lennon would be David''s preference. David works away behind the scenes to see if it is plausible.

Being sensible, and planning for the scenario where Lennon a) doesn''t want to leave Celtic or b) has a better offer from elsewhere - the board also interview other interested parties.

This way bases should be covered.

Doesn''t mean we will come out on top, but at least with Lennon now un-attached it perhaps takes the ''complicated'' element out.

And actually the complicated but may well have related to Lennon if either his representatives had informed our board or perhaps an approach to Celtic was met with information that negotiations were under way with him leaving. If that is the case, they may well have waited for the opportunity to speak to Lennon.

This may not have been a possibility or even on the cards when in all likelihood they started looking for managers after the Chelsea game.

I do understand that perhaps I am making too much sense here, and it''s not really in keeping with this sort of thread so I shall stop there before I scare someone . . . . .

[quote user="chicken"]Perhaps this could all be good.

Lennon would be David''s preference. David works away behind the scenes to see if it is plausible.

Being sensible, and planning for the scenario where Lennon a) doesn''t want to leave Celtic or b) has a better offer from elsewhere - the board also interview other interested parties.

This way bases should be covered.

Doesn''t mean we will come out on top, but at least with Lennon now un-attached it perhaps takes the ''complicated'' element out.

And actually the complicated but may well have related to Lennon if either his representatives had informed our board or perhaps an approach to Celtic was met with information that negotiations were under way with him leaving. If that is the case, they may well have waited for the opportunity to speak to Lennon.

This may not have been a possibility or even on the cards when in all likelihood they started looking for managers after the Chelsea game.

I do understand that perhaps I am making too much sense here, and it''s not really in keeping with this sort of thread so I shall stop there before I scare someone . . . . .[/quote]Certainly more plausible than the OP''s scenario[Y]