Sign in to follow this  
CanaryOne

Adams price dropping like a stone

[quote user="Kangaroo Court"]If Adams is appointed it''ll just look like the board couldn''t get their man, which is a shame because Adams does have his merits.[/quote]

I agree, it''s harsh on him but it''d be a massive PR disaster if Adams was appointed. Dreading the spiel they come out with stating he was always a ''credible'' candidate and the one they thought was first choice. Out of all the managers possibly out there, there must be someone more suitable than Adams? Zola has already admitted he''d take the job, at least get him if we can''t get Lennon or Malk!

[quote user="Buh"]"We have been duped and he''s off to WBA or A.N. Other premiership team leaving us with Adams?"

Source, jockey de knob?[/quote]

There is a question mark, it was in reply to the theory above, I added my possible theory.

[quote user="The Young One"]Adams at least will install passion, something we haven''t had for the last 2 yrs. but bring someone alongside him as DOF.Lennon 1st choice (looks like WBA have got him)Adams 2ndMalky 3rd (to defensive and why hasn''t he signed already)

[/quote]4-1 second fav so not many think he will go there.

[quote user="Buh"]"We have been duped and he''s off to WBA or A.N. Other premiership team leaving us with Adams?"

If you''ve been keeping up with our local journalists you''d know that the word is Lennon is not on the boards radar. Hasn''t been interviewed and is well down on the pecking order.

[quote user="Ginja"][quote user="Buh"]"We have been duped and he''s off to WBA or A.N. Other premiership team leaving us with Adams?"

If you''ve been keeping up with our local journalists you''d know that the word is Lennon is not on the boards radar. Hasn''t been interviewed and is well down on the pecking order.
[/quote]If Adams get the job the Board should be chased out of the club , they are a f---ing disgrace

Neil Lennon a few weeks ago

"Maybe they already have someone lined up"

SMILES

WRYLY

HAVING ALREADY BEEN CONSULTED ON THE JOB

haha

How can you get theoretically mad at something? How is that even possible?? Have a word seriously!!

It''s like putting your car in for an MOT and the night before laying into Henry Ford for being 5hit! Haha

Thijk of the timeline of all this people, honestly.

Coral now have:

Lennon at 11/10 and Adams at 13/8

Sky bet Lennon 4/5 and Adams at 6/4

Things are happening fast now and something will be announced shortly.

I think we will get Lennon, but there may have been a twist that means the board are left with Adams??

Come on McNally get Lennon here and put this to bed.!!

This is my reading.Lennon is the favoured choice of the board and the delay is in him making a break with Celtic and making up his mind.Malky probably unhappy with not being first choice has kept his options openAdams has been the backstop if all else fails which now seems quite possible so no surprise at the price coming in.If Malky annd Lennon go elsewhere it will probably be Adams and Wiz can claim he was right all along.

Well we know there is someone available, as Zola has said he''d take the job and he is at least more qualified than Adams. The whole thing is getting laborious now though, I wish we''d get on with it.

I''m going to a hotel with the missus this weekend but it''s going to be 5hit and the management are going to be to blame entirely! And I base this on absolutely nothing whatsoever hahahaha

Some of you people need help. Chemical, psychological, I don''t know I''m not a doctor.

The very idea of being furious at something theoretical amazes me it needs to be studied!

At least if Walker is right, Malk will get the job. I''d be happy with that with Adams as the number 2 and adding to our attacking coaching.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Who''s left? Zola at least, he''d be better than appointing Adams with no experience.[/quote]
(Y)

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Who''s left? Zola at least, he''d be better than appointing Adams with no experience.[/quote]
Try that again...
[Y]

[quote user="ricardo"]This is my reading.Lennon is the favoured choice of the board and the delay is in him making a break with Celtic and making up his mind.Malky probably unhappy with not being first choice has kept his options openAdams has been the backstop if all else fails which now seems quite possible so no surprise at the price coming in.If Malky annd Lennon go elsewhere it will probably be Adams and Wiz can claim he was right all along.[/quote]I don''t know about the specifics but the general point is right. We are the mercy of events, because we are not at the top of the managerial pecking order. We may well have had a first choice, but that doesn''t mean we were their first choice. At the moment there are at least three managerial vacancies - us, West Brom and Celtic - and three other clubs - Spurs, Southampton and Villa - where there might be.If I was an in-demand manager I wouldn''t jump at moving to the one club in that list down in the Championship if by waiting I might get a job in the Premier Leaguee, or at Celtic. It is clear Adams was not at the outset being seriously considered, in the sense there were plainly three or more candidates ahead of him. If we end up with Adams it will only be because the others turned us down.

They say that money talks and you should always follow the money and at the moment it''s shouting out "Neil Adams".25-1 into 6-4 is a big move.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="ricardo"]This is my reading.Lennon is the favoured choice of the board and the delay is in him making a break with Celtic and making up his mind.Malky probably unhappy with not being first choice has kept his options openAdams has been the backstop if all else fails which now seems quite possible so no surprise at the price coming in.If Malky annd Lennon go elsewhere it will probably be Adams and Wiz can claim he was right all along.[/quote]I don''t know about the specifics but the general point is right. We are the mercy of events, because we are not at the top of the managerial pecking order. We may well have had a first choice, but that doesn''t mean we were their first choice. At the moment there are at least three managerial vacancies - us, West Brom and Celtic - and three other clubs - Spurs, Southampton and Villa - where there might be.If I was an in-demand manager I wouldn''t jump at moving to the one club in that list down in the Championship if by waiting I might get a job in the Premier Leaguee, or at Celtic. It is clear Adams was not at the outset being seriously considered, in the sense there were plainly three or more candidates ahead of him. If we end up with Adams it will only be because the others turned us down.[/quote]It''s a funny betting market Purple. If Lennon has decide against us then he ought to be short odds for WBA but he isn''t. Hughton is still favourite there.Malky is big odds for Celtic and WBA so should be favourite here i(f Lennon has ruled us out) but isn''t. He is only 3rd Fav at 2-1.Adams price has come in dramatically and seems to be driven by something other than guesswork.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="ricardo"]This is my reading.Lennon is the favoured choice of the board and the delay is in him making a break with Celtic and making up his mind.Malky probably unhappy with not being first choice has kept his options openAdams has been the backstop if all else fails which now seems quite possible so no surprise at the price coming in.If Malky annd Lennon go elsewhere it will probably be Adams and Wiz can claim he was right all along.[/quote]I don''t know about the specifics but the general point is right. We are the mercy of events, because we are not at the top of the managerial pecking order. We may well have had a first choice, but that doesn''t mean we were their first choice. At the moment there are at least three managerial vacancies - us, West Brom and Celtic - and three other clubs - Spurs, Southampton and Villa - where there might be.If I was an in-demand manager I wouldn''t jump at moving to the one club in that list down in the Championship if by waiting I might get a job in the Premier Leaguee, or at Celtic. It is clear Adams was not at the outset being seriously considered, in the sense there were plainly three or more candidates ahead of him. If we end up with Adams it will only be because the others turned us down.[/quote]It''s a funny betting market Purple. If Lennon has decide against us then he ought to be short odds for WBA but he isn''t. Hughton is still favourite there.Malky is big odds for Celtic and WBA so should be favourite here i(f Lennon has ruled us out) but isn''t. He is only 3rd Fav at 2-1.Adams price has come in dramatically and seems to be driven by something other than guesswork.[/quote]

Ricardo, I think this is more than likely professional punters covering there losses if something goes wrong with the Lennon deal.

I would say that he is Very very likely to be our man now. I have seen a twinkle in his eye when talking about us on TV and I also believe he is the man that McNally wants.

I also believe that given Delia and Micheals choices in the past they will give McNally what he wants for fear of losing him. In the interview the other day they stated that he was the most important person at the club.

I am confident that McNally will get his man to give himself the best chance of achieving his bonus in the coming year!

Would be an absolute unmitigated disaster if Adams gets the job. And to think I was going to have a tenner on at 25/1 to soften the blow if it happened.

[quote user="The Young One"]I have a good mate in Birmingham who works for the Birmingham Mail. he thinks Lennon is off to WBA.[/quote]Tell him to take the 4-1 then. If he''s going there it will be odds on very shortly.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="ricardo"]This is my reading.Lennon is the favoured choice of the board and the delay is in him making a break with Celtic and making up his mind.Malky probably unhappy with not being first choice has kept his options openAdams has been the backstop if all else fails which now seems quite possible so no surprise at the price coming in.If Malky annd Lennon go elsewhere it will probably be Adams and Wiz can claim he was right all along.[/quote]I don''t know about the specifics but the general point is right. We are the mercy of events, because we are not at the top of the managerial pecking order. We may well have had a first choice, but that doesn''t mean we were their first choice. At the moment there are at least three managerial vacancies - us, West Brom and Celtic - and three other clubs - Spurs, Southampton and Villa - where there might be.If I was an in-demand manager I wouldn''t jump at moving to the one club in that list down in the Championship if by waiting I might get a job in the Premier Leaguee, or at Celtic. It is clear Adams was not at the outset being seriously considered, in the sense there were plainly three or more candidates ahead of him. If we end up with Adams it will only be because the others turned us down.[/quote]It''s a funny betting market Purple. If Lennon has decide against us then he ought to be short odds for WBA but he isn''t. Hughton is still favourite there.Malky is big odds for Celtic and WBA so should be favourite here i(f Lennon has ruled us out) but isn''t. He is only 3rd Fav at 2-1.Adams price has come in dramatically and seems to be driven by something other than guesswork.[/quote]Ricardo, I don''t understand betting, and particularly football betting - is the price driven by inside knowledge, what fans think (ie guesswork!) or by the money placed, or by a combination? With these managers there are so many permutations it doens''t surprise me that there is a certain illogicality to the bets at any one time!If odds have shortened on Adams it may be (I very much hope...) just that now there are alternative options for all the other candidates, and there isn''t one for Adams.

[quote user="Long drives home"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="ricardo"]This is my reading.Lennon is the favoured choice of the board and the delay is in him making a break with Celtic and making up his mind.Malky probably unhappy with not being first choice has kept his options openAdams has been the backstop if all else fails which now seems quite possible so no surprise at the price coming in.If Malky annd Lennon go elsewhere it will probably be Adams and Wiz can claim he was right all along.[/quote]I don''t know about the specifics but the general point is right. We are the mercy of events, because we are not at the top of the managerial pecking order. We may well have had a first choice, but that doesn''t mean we were their first choice. At the moment there are at least three managerial vacancies - us, West Brom and Celtic - and three other clubs - Spurs, Southampton and Villa - where there might be.If I was an in-demand manager I wouldn''t jump at moving to the one club in that list down in the Championship if by waiting I might get a job in the Premier Leaguee, or at Celtic. It is clear Adams was not at the outset being seriously considered, in the sense there were plainly three or more candidates ahead of him. If we end up with Adams it will only be because the others turned us down.[/quote]It''s a funny betting market Purple. If Lennon has decide against us then he ought to be short odds for WBA but he isn''t. Hughton is still favourite there.Malky is big odds for Celtic and WBA so should be favourite here i(f Lennon has ruled us out) but isn''t. He is only 3rd Fav at 2-1.Adams price has come in dramatically and seems to be driven by something other than guesswork.[/quote]

Ricardo, I think this is more than likely professional punters covering there losses if something goes wrong with the Lennon deal.

I would say that he is Very very likely to be our man now. I have seen a twinkle in his eye when talking about us on TV and I also believe he is the man that McNally wants.

I also believe that given Delia and Micheals choices in the past they will give McNally what he wants for fear of losing him. In the interview the other day they stated that he was the most important person at the club.

I am confident that McNally will get his man to give himself the best chance of achieving his bonus in the coming year![/quote]Possibly, but 25-1 into 6-4 is a big move and suggests somebody has more than just a passing fancy.

People believe rumours and bookies prices to what is really going to happen?

Over the past couple of weeks the favourite has changed how many times? MM, NL and NA prices up and down like yo-yos.

Don''t panic as someone has put a big lump up front like the others.