Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

Just how good can our youth players be?

Seems that the board (while going for the cheap option etc. etc.) have not only shown great faith in Adams, but also the youth team.

Can we really have some players sat there waiting to be this countrys Luke Shaws or Ross Barkleys or even someone half as good?

People like Carlton Morris will now no doubt get a chance to step up to the plate and stake their claims to stardom.

I hope people don''t boo Adams and the guys because this is the boards incompetence that has us in this situation, all Adams and the lads can do is try dig us out. If it goes wrong, I hope the first heads put to the sword are that of the board, not Adams and the players.

I think we will see some youth players step up into the first team to ''fill the gaps'' that will be left by departures. I wouldn''t fully rule out any transfers though. The club have got to know that choosing Adams is already controversial and that he is going to need players he can work with if they want to see a successful season.   

When is the time to introduce youngsters into the team then ? If not when we are in the Championship, then when ? Less of a risk to use themcin championship thab in premier league

[quote user="Lynn Canary"]When is the time to introduce youngsters into the team then ? If not when we are in the Championship, then when ? Less of a risk to use themcin championship thab in premier league[/quote]

Next year after a proper go at getting back up

[quote user="Lynn Canary"]When is the time to introduce youngsters into the team then ? If not when we are in the Championship, then when ? Less of a risk to use themcin championship thab in premier league[/quote]

I don''t see it that way. Any club just relegated from the Premier League is in ''no-man''s-land'' for one season and should only have one clear-cut ambition, to yo-yo. A failure to do this and the task gets harder along with the decrease in the advantage given us by the parachutes. 

It is emphatically not the time to experiment in any way shape or form.

Exactly. Alex ferguson gambled on the class of 92 and never looked back....