Sign in to follow this  
Rasputin was a C...

Matthias Svensson

No doubt many of you will disagree but I thought that the game today would have suited Matt perfectly. We stuck the ball in the box on numerous occassions yet no one was up for heading it at the goal. I know McKenzie is a fans favourite but he was clueless today. "Should I shoot or should I pass... I know I''ll take the wrong option!" You have to remember that when we were winning games in this league by 3 or 4 goals it was Svensson who was scoring and bringing others into the game. I know he was a bit injury prone and sometimes tried things that didn''t work but I think like some of the other players who left during the summer we''ll miss him.

This is a good point - Svensson was a good championship striker and I reckon he would of continued to do a good job for us this season - Mckensie is a great fighter but his first touch and finishing is just not good enough. Svensoon also was very good with his link up play - oh well its too late now we have to get behind the boys that we do have.

I loved Matty, even if the ..... annoying people around me in the lower Barclay insisted on slating his every move until he scored.

He brought people into the game, played great passes and scored when it mattered.

[quote]I loved Matty, even if the ..... annoying people around me in the lower Barclay insisted on slating his every move until he scored. He brought people into the game, played great passes and scored whe...[/quote]

What you are saying mook is that sven was a footballer first, not an athlete...

OTBC

Matty is a BIG loss.  What''s more I think he was the single most excited player when we won promotion last year - his delight at the City Hall celebrations will live with me for a long time.

How many of the present squad have that enthusiasm for the Club?

Sorely missed, and would be in the current starting 11 on merit. thorne has been unlucky, with his 5 minute run outs and his injury V. mk. but why not offer 30 year old Svensson a 2 year deal and lose him, to replace him with 32 year old striker? Methinks the player first - athlete second mentality of NW. Just one of a number of unbelievable decisions this summer.

Why are people getting misty-eyed over Svensson? Limited player. He''s gone, move on. I doubt he would have any impact on the game yesterday other that be another target of the boo boys at the minute. Glad to see we are getting behind Leon in his bad patch. Or even Ashton come to that! Nice support lads.

[quote]Sorely missed, and would be in the current starting 11 on merit. thorne has been unlucky, with his 5 minute run outs and his injury V. mk. but why not offer 30 year old Svensson a 2 year deal and lose...[/quote]

I found myself watching the majority of last season''s match highlights, and found that the major providers of quality crosses into the box, resulting in quite a large proportion of our goals, were in fact Helveg and Bentley. A lot of top quality headed finishes were provided by Matty Svennson (Bolton game anyone?!).

Is it perhaps a coincidence that we''ve struggled with both of the above this season?

any of you know how he is doing at his new club?

on-topic, he is greatly missed, thorne is no replacement, just doesnt match sven.

see yet again, you moan while he is here, now you moan that he is gone!

tsk, cant win with you lot!

Rasputin, I am glad you posted this thread becuase I was going to do similair, saying that I miss Svensson already and all that but thinking I would just get stick and rubbish of some as usuall becuase he is scandinavian but there seems to be a bit different than what I expected, well I would have Svensson over Throne anyday and Svensson was and still is my favourite player

[quote]svennson decided to go though. He was offered a 3 year contract with first team football[/quote]

sorry he was only offered 1 year contract thats why he left he wanted longer .

King, we know why Matty left. And I understand it. And I am almost glad, because the moronic idiots that didn''t like him because .... well, they just didn''t want to can now see what he brought to our game and our club.

And I''ve forgotten who it was that posted about his passion for Norwich - too right. He gave everything he had for us when playing and scored some vital goals.

Mook, it was me who posted about Matty''s passion. I was really struck about his joy both at the City Hall and on the Bus trip afterwards - and his obvious delight each time he scored.

Who knows whether he would have stayed if he had been offerred a longer contract? However, Worthington decided not to do so and he has gone

FatMan Fat... you are spot on about Svenssons enthusiasm for the club. When he scored he celebrated like a fan and he showed how depressed he was when we were relegated. If only the players we have now showed that same enthusiasm.