Sign in to follow this  
E I E I E I O

The worrying thing about this appointment

We have clearly been turned down by at least 1 maybe 2 managers. Is this due to demands for a budget or to keep a couple of players they believed would give us the best chance. Thus our best players are due to leave and there will be very little money for transfers? I am worried this is why we were turned down? I am also worried that Delia is pulling the strings again and that McNally has now lost full control of footballing matters. That got us in a mess last time!I like Adams and am happy with him in charge, I just hope he has not been given the job with an expectation to get the wage bill down,lose his best players and get promotion through the youth. I think like most I am shocked at this appointment and am now really angry at Hughton remaining for so long. There argument that there was nobody else has just been thrown out of the window. I also dont like the way they have messed around the past few weeks and made it clear he was not first choice. There will be many fans just waiting to get at Adams and the board next season now. He would of had a better start if they had just given him the job in the first place. Lennon''s move this afternoon was clearly the catalyst in all this somehow.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]great post! i agree with a lot of this.... the board seem very happy with us being little Norwich[/quote]

All we need now is a quote. Maybe something like Prudence with Ambition? No, that would be silly. What with all of that Parachute Money.

Wouldn''t it?

Yeah, I have to agree.

Said it would happen inside a week, left it closer to 2 then waited until the same day one of the key candidates (as speculated by the media anyway) resigns his post.

All these things just make it look quite like the wait was due to set-back than strategy and Adams is the wooden spoon, even if that isn''t the case at all.

I''ll still back him to the hilt for what it''s worth, there''s no concrete reason to say ''this definitely won''t work out''. I''m just a little disappointed that there seems to be a minimal amount of PR awareness amongst our higher-ups.

The vitriol towards Neil on here is shocking. He is a good bloke and NCFC through and through. If he fails I guarantee it will not be through a lack of effort. I would not be surprised if McNally resigns in the next 48hrs though. I genuinely believe Delia is a massive autocrat with a my way or the highway attitude. I am not sure she will ever allow us to really progress.

I am not sure if the board will ever gain trust again after this if it gies wrong. We could be heading back to the chase out days looking at opinion on here.

What a load of old rubbish.

If we''ve been rejected, then fair enough. At least the board went out to offer the job to people who apparantly are too "big" for us.

Neil Adams may have been 3rd/4th/1000th in line for the job, but he sure as hell hasn''t rejected us like these so called wannabee other managers.

The guy is Norwich through and through. For God''s sake, give the guy a break and just give him a freaking chance.

The vitriol is directed against the Board not Neil though a few have expressed unease about his results.

If McNally now walks we will be in total crisis

It''s an absolute disaster. Don''t let the emotional blackmail arguers and happy clapper types shout us down. We have to have a new era of ownership at the club. I don''t care where they come from in the world. We can''t be passive as fans and exploited forever. Enough is enough. This was the last chance to turn our fortunes around after a succession of duff managers (Lambert aside) and they''ve blown it. We have to make some noise and react in a democratic and vocal way. Let them know we''re not happy. The local media are in the pocket of the establishment. but we don''t have to be.

[quote user="Long drives home"]I am not sure if the board will ever gain trust again after this if it gies wrong. We could be heading back to the chase out days looking at opinion on here.[/quote]Yep, the board have set themselves up for a fall. If Malky, Lennon, Sherwood or Zola had been appointed and failed, they and their team would get the blame. If Adams fails, its the board that will get the vitriol, especially if those afformentioned managers end up at clubs in a worse situation than ours and outperform us.They need a hell of an appointment as the director of football to salvage opinion.