Sign in to follow this  
rieg77

So Disappointed

I''ve not posted on here for absolutely ages but today has made me hit the forum again.

I am so disappointed by the appointment of Adams.

Nice guy perhaps, he did OK in the games he was in charge for last season, except perhaps for Man Utd away where her seemed a little dazzled by the headlights. However he did nothing that makes me think he is the right man for this particular job.

There is a world of difference between the youth team and the English Championship and he has been given a job for which he has no credentials worthy of it.

We are not Burnley and he is not Sean Dyche. We have just been relegated after three years in the premiership and these two years are a precious gift where we have some advantage over many teams.

It was important to bring in a manager with experience, ideally experience of getting out of this division.

We have just squandered this precious chance in my opinion.

Was it the easy choice? I don''t know.

Was it the cheap choice? Maybe but who knows what his salary is.

I don''t see a reason for players to stay with Adams in charge. Players we might have hung on to like Howson, Redmond, Turner, etc will not look at Adams and believe he is the best chance of getting back to the premiership.

Does it bring the club, fans and players back together in the way needed for us to succeed in getting promotion? No, I strongly suspect this manager will already have to overcome an air of negativity and if results don''t go his way it will quickly spiral out of control.

What depresses me the most is that the people who run our club should know better. They should know this particular job needs a man of experience.

It is incredibly hard to get out of this division and I think it just got a lot harder.

I hope I am wrong and will always support my club but this feels more like a Hamilton, Grant, Deehan kind of appointment rather than Stringer, Walker or Lambert one.

Time will tell.

Good post.

I think we need to entrust DM here. His agenda is the same as ours - the success of the club. Lambert wasn''t very popular at first. In fact someone should bump that post where all of the hissy fitters were throwing their toys out of the pram at his appointment.

Experience is obviously important, but I''d take raw passion and drive for success any day. Look at some of the appointments in the Premier League last season:

Garry Monk

Tim Sherwood

Gus Poyet

Ryan Giggs

versus

David Moyes

Pep Mele

Chris Hughton

I''d have liked Lennon but for the same reasons I''m ok with Adams - because they are winners.

We need to get behind Adams and push on.

Let''s see now.

If you need a car and you go shopping for a car but can only find a fork lift truck do you

A) keep looking until you find a car

B) buy the fork lift truck

Poor analogy..

Adams isn''t a fork lift truck..

He''s a car that is purpose built for Norwich roads but hasn''t been tested against the other generic race cars the club could have bought.

"I don''t see a reason for players to stay with Adams in charge. Players we might have hung on to like Howson, Redmond, Turner, etc will not look at Adams and believe he is the best chance of getting back to the premiership."

Just because you aren''t happy with his appointment from your point of view as a fan does not mean that players will look at it from the same angle, indeed far from it.

Players want, more than anything else, to play. At this stage with a completely blank team sheet why would any of the experienced players in the squad not feel confident they are good enough to claim a place? These guys don''t get to the level they are out without having faith in their own ability.

The curious thing about reaction to Adams''s appointment is that so many fans put great emphasis on passion and desire of people to be at the club.

Well I''ve heard nothing from Lennon or Mackay expressing a strong passionate desire for this job.

Adams on the other hand has been crystal clear in expressing his feelings for the club and how much he wants to be here. Isn''t that what fans always claim they want?

+1 Absent Friend..

The bizarre thing for me is that people are slating Adams for an apparent lack of experience when Malky, Lennon and Zola are all managers who are low on experience too. They obviously have more, but as you say they lack in passion for this club.

[quote user="AndyCanary"]Poor analogy..

Adams isn''t a fork lift truck..

He''s a car that is purpose built for Norwich roads but hasn''t been tested against the other generic race cars the club could have bought.[/quote]

There''s nothing like strangling an analogy, so here goes.

Adams is more like a bicycle with the training wheels still on. One day he may grow up to be a car but it might be at our expense.

Absent Friend I think you''ll find I was expressing an opinion, hence ''I don''t see....''.

Players do want to play but they are also ambitious and want to play at the highest level.

Middle to lower tier premier clubs will come calling and I just think there is less of an argument for them to stay versus jumping straight back into the premiership.

Good debating with you.

I''m disapointed as well as I hate teams appointing former players who have no experience which Norwich seem to do a lot of. BUT good luck to the guy.