Sign in to follow this  
YellowNetsAreBetter

Neil Adams, inspired, uninspired, more exciting style, predictions for next year?

Despite what many others on the forum are moaning about -- I don''t really see the point. Yep, I would have felt a bit more easy having seen a longer serving and more established manager get the post -- especially in a financially important season, having just been relegated.

But then again (here''s my point :)): Lambert didn''t exactly have a super-mega reputation with big clubs when he joined us, but did absolute wonders (fans in return calling McNally a genius); Houghton on the other hand had a pretty solid reputation, with bigger clubs, and it seemed everyone thought very little of him (fans calling McNally all names under the sun) I actually wonder if Houghton wouldd have kept us up, e.g., by boring the opposition out of wins, and psychologically perhaps Sunderland would have performed less confidently had they not seen us making desperate decisions and sacking our manager.

Anyway, I''d certainly gonna give the Adams a chance. He''s done pretty well with the youth setup... (and yes, I know that''s different).

Either way, what''s done is done. Perhaps this is another inspired appointment? It''s hard to believe it now, it might not be in the end, but perhaps just maybe it will be! Life of a football fan (or just a NCFC fan).

Enough said. OTBC!!!!

Lambert had experience at the level we were at PLUS world class playing experience.Neil Adams....?

We won''t go down next year. We will blood more of the youth team of last year so the team will have a future in a season or two''s time when his contract ends. We won''t be financially poor like the binners. Hope someone with actual contacts with top clubs might help Adams get a look in when it comes to getting replacements. Style looked no different to Hughton, not particularly attacking. However I will support my team wherever it ends next couple of seasons. With Adams we at least know the star signings are off, plus Pilks etc. A new manager might have persuaded the likes of Hooper to stay, but never mind