Sign in to follow this  
GrantsMoustache

It doesn't add up

Delia said that they had considered sacking Hughton in January and appointing a caretaker but couldn''t find anybody suitable.

Six months later they are appointing Neil Adams as the first team manager on a three year contract after a spell as caretaker.

What has changed in that six months. On one hand we are being told to look at his success in the youth team and not at the last five games of the season. On the other hand we are being told that he wasn''t suitable last January but is now.

Then there is the doubt that we have even talked to Malky, Lennon or Zola. We have been told that there were four candidates, but it appears that one or two of them haven''t been talked to, maybe all of them.

So who were the four candidates?

I just don''t understand our board at the moment, things have escalated quickly between us not being able to find a suitable caretaker in January to appointing our youth team coach on a three year deal.

Do we have financial problems?

I know, its all very embarrassing, but we have to make the best of it now, despite knowing it will probably all end in tears. What is the reason for his appointment other than ''well Malky wanted more money''?

because hes cheaper to employ, probably suggested he could win promotion using less money than more experienced managers, and he wont rock the boat with the top brass at the club

lennon and mackay would have wanted a reasonable wage, and a decent transfer budgetits been the same rubbish since chase, cause delia aint got the bank balance or the balls to back/invest or speculate to accumulate with the clubwhich is exactly why she should fuck off and sell it

Yeah, pretty obvious for months that Hughton was only taking us one way so it is strange that only now is Adams seen as being good enough to take over.

Thing is, quite frankly, we need to be looking at an instant return to the Prem. That''s a very hard thing to do in this league but ultimately that is what we have to be looking at. So they are basically saying that they trust Adams is the man to, in his first season as a manager, guide a team to promotion out of one of the most competitive leagues going.

If it pays off they''ve pulled off a master stroke.

[quote user="splutcho"]Ipswich fans are laughing at us. I hoped I''d never see this again.[/quote]Of course they are they like us thought we wold be getting Zola McKay or Lennon , Adams is a joke and if you are not a Norwich fan its as funny as hell .

It''s quite a simple answer, the board had Lennon lined up but couldn''t get him till end of season, so we stuck with Hughton. Then the west brom match happened and alarm bells rang, the board knew that Lennon would be available for us end of season and appointed Adams as a stop gap.

In that time we''ve been relegated and are no longer attractive for Lennon to take control here, likewise i think he and Malky are eyeing up pastures elsewhere. Adams is 3rd choice, and that''s why he''s got the job now as by default he''s become 1st choice from the ''available'' pool.

I can''t see the shame in appointing someone who''s stuck with the club, brought us pride in our youth and now is ready to step up to lead us in the coming season. The only time other clubs can laugh at us is if we, the supporters, fall apart and question our own club - If we stand shoulder to shoulder we''re a lot stronger than most of those around us.

So, it''s in your hands as to whether you want to be laughed at.

That explanation doesn''t compute either skijumptoes because until this morning Neil Lennon was employed by Celtic.

In order to talk to him we would have had to make an approach to Celtic and get permission.

Are you saying that Lennon quit his job this morning, flew down to Norwich, talked to us, and a couple of hours later we appointed Neil Adams?

Sorry but not buying that.

We didn''t want to pay big enough wages for Malky or Lennon, and didn''t fancy Zola.

McNally would''ve had discussions with Lennon from January onwards, they''re not exactly strangers.

Simple fact is that he would''ve tempted him here end of season if we were premiership. Can''t see why that''s so hard to believe?

The original post was asking why adams wasn''t viable in Jan but he is now? Simple, we are no longer a premiership club. I can''t see the complicated math in arriving at that answer?

U correct, the decision must be financially led, poor Neil must have been the cheap option.

On monday Delia claimed on the radio she was only the custodian of the club looking after the club for the fans

Thats fine but because of her shareholding she is involved in football decisions which as recent history has shown us (Lambert excluded) have all been appauling

The majority on this board genuinely hope that the Adams appointment is not another disaster because many of us will not forgive her this time

Comeon Neil prove us all wrong by doubting your ability

Lennon issued a come and get me a few days ago saying he would be interested if approched , we didnt because Smith wants a cheap yes man in charge always has done and always will , and it looks as if McNally has lost his balls hes about as much use as a chocolate teapot now .

I think the Board would be scared of the likes of Lennon........Neil''s unlikely to tell them to get off the bridge of the good ship ''Carra''....