Sign in to follow this  
FatMan Fat

Now who says Worthington should stay?

After yet another dire display can there be any one out there who still thinks W is the answer?

5 games, 4 at home, 3 goals scored, 5 conceeded, 3 points - and all of this after last season''s debacle!!

Worthington should have the courage to resign, if not the Board should take the required action before it is too late!!

As said in the last quarter of last season we need a new coach at colney to bring new ideas and fresh belief in - "keep worthy but change the coaches".......and do it bl--dy soon Worthy - you are the only one who can change it - Delia and her gang are too soft to change anything for you.

i dont think its nigel, i myself have been in one of his team talks, if the team are doing bad, he absolutely scares the hell out of them!

He needs to tell it to them straight "if we dont win, some of you are dropped"

that might get a few wins!

thats what did it last season thou, the fact we beat man utd just spurred the whole team on

[quote]Nope i say keep him he will turn the corner ,worthy in for me.[/quote]

Me too....Worthy is far from immune from criticism, but I can''t really see the point in him going at this point in time. 

My biggest query of Worthy is is on transfers.  It is perhaps of little surprise the team isn''t performing as a unit given that we shipped 10 out of last season''s squad in the close season (replacing fewer), any 5 of who would have been in the starting XI.  We then compounded this by not even replacing the ''key'' leaver (Francis), which is just plain stupid. 

However, balancing this is the fact that whilst we haven''t been at our best in any game, we could have easily won each were it not for the woodwork (other games) or just poor finishing (yesterday) - I don''t think Leeds were particularly good, and on almost any other occasion would have been beaten.  

IMO we still have plenty of time to sort things, and MUST give Worthy a chance - Id say at least until Xmas.

[quote]After yet another dire display can there be any one out there who still thinks W is the answer? 5 games, 4 at home, 3 goals scored, 5 conceeded, 3 points - and all of this after last season''s debacle...[/quote]

Its a dismal start Fat Man Fat, and I usually agree with you, but I''m prepared to back NW a tad longer.

But there will come a point when I won''t support him if things don''t improve rapidly, 12-15 games maybe?.

I said Christmas originally, but hell, I think that would be far too late now.

Trouble is, I don''t know what the problem is with City, that''s Nigel''s department!.

He should realise he can''t inspire the players and the supporters are thoroughly underwhelmed by trotting out the same post match drivel.

Go Now before its too late and DEano leaves.

Have to disagree Barclayendboy because I don''t think Worthy and his coaching staff are capable of doing it.  For the fourth consecutive home match our tactics have consisted of the big hoof up to Ashton or try and get it to Huckerby, beyond that there doesn''t seem to be much more. 

Yesterdays substitutions was another classic example of how inept they are.  We are losing 1 - 0 and have McVeigh and Henderson on the bench, but the manager brings on Doherty and plays him at right back; at least he could have put him up front alongside Ashton.  Then a classic piece of substitution he brings on McVeigh with four minutes to go, that should give him ample time to make an impact on the game.

I thought Worthy had this special coaching qualification which is highly thought of in UEFA circles.  To date I have seen no evidence of this reflected in the way we play on the pitch.  Our players are in my opinion as good as any in the Championship, but I cannot say the same of the manager and coaching staff. 

All four teams that have played at Carrow Road so far have done their homework and gone away with points and that is down to their managers and coaching staff.  In fact all four of them played like a team who knew what they were doing, whereas at the moment we look like a collection of good individual players, who are not playing as a team.

[quote]After yet another dire display can there be any one out there who still thinks W is the answer? 5 games, 4 at home, 3 goals scored, 5 conceeded, 3 points - and all of this after last season''s debacle...[/quote]

He still has to be in.

For me, Worthy can still provide the goods, and who ever said football was about pic''n''mix managers? If by mid-season we are performing under our expectations... well that''s when serious thought has to be put into the managerial and coaching situations.

Worthington will never resign.

I think he MUST sign two midfielders before the closure of the transfer window. If he succeeds, he may just save his job, as we are woeful at the moment. Zero creativity bar Huckerby, who is being marked more closely than ever. Two new mids will rejuvenate the side, and give us a chance. Plus I think it''s time McVeigh is given a run upfront with Ashton, as Mckenzie''s form is shot. That is his preferred position , and it may just give him the motivation to start playing again.

Its STILL  far to early  to call for Worthy`s head Fatman !   in todays match  he tried some new tactics   , and , for my money  ,  they looked to be paying off !   where it all goes  tits up  is  the miserable performance of our [ so called ] strikers ...  and that includes Deano    ,  had they  been on target , instead  of shots going everywhichway  but goal bound ,   the  head hunters would now be  singing "Worthy forever "   !! 

It WILL  come together  , and  pretty soon ,  we had Leeds  by the throat  for long stretches ,  it was just lousy finishing .

I`m upbeat 

At what point will it be when it is clear that we haven''t turned the corner?

The lack of tactical and coaching skill last season cost us a place in the Premiership this season. That naivety has been continued into the current season. Once again the team looks clueless as to how to play as a unit and as a result we have had a pathetic start. The lack of leadership and direction is a clear inditement on Worthington. If he stays we will not go up this year for the simple reason that the players can''t, or won''t, perform well for him.

a few months ago i probably would of disagreed with you about this. now however im not sure, i was a big worthy fan and thought that maybe he was going to be the man to take us forward.

However, the way i see it now he has lost the plot. he makes changes when its too late, the signings hes made dont seem to be up to it, he refuses to admit the squad is lacking, hes reliant on certain "golden boys" and picks them regardless of constant poor games where he will drop someone after 1 bad game (EG safri).

He comes out with the same piffle after every game about his passion and commitment etc.. i think hes inuslting the fans intelligence... true when he says people pay good money to see the team.. but the people paying the money can also see when the team isnt performing and needs changing.. if 26,000 non-football managers can see it then why cant worthington?

He''s too headstrong, up himself, and doesnt like anyone who questions him or stands up to him... its going to be his downfall

jas

Could not agree more , if he goes now we have a chance to turn it around , stay and promotion will just be a distant dream in another couple of months time. He has been given more money than any other Norwich manager and we are 4th bottom he has to GO.

Well I think the clock is definately ticking Fatman.  The facts say it all and thats all that matters!  

It''s a very worrying time because after 4 homes games and no clean sheet, Worthy seems to feel we need to spend £2m on bringing a 6TH striker to the club.  There are also all the concerns about team selection, coaching, tactics etc etc that we have all discussed so many times it''s getting boring.

I say "No" to sacking him now but my support is running out and I am not prepared to bury my head in the sand and "Trust In Worthy" because "He got promoted before" 

We cant afford to give him too much longer, Who would have thought at the start of the season that our problem would be scoring goals!!!!

Simply not good enough, having seen a few teams live now, we will be very lucky to finish in the play-off positions.  I know people say other teams have been in the same position and gone up, but the fizzy league looks to be the toughest it has been for a few years.

Get it sorted Worthy, deadline day rapidly approaching.

Damn lets panic!!! Only 41 games to go!!

Rubbish he should go!!

A few questions which will hopefully be answered:

* Who is out there at the moment that is a good candidate for the job?

* Would the new manager have long enough to bring in his new faces?Next Wed is the deadline!

*How long would it take for the new manager to get the team playing his way? 5-10games?

Answers on a post card please!!

It''s a shame but I have to agree with you completely. It is not just this season where things have not gone to plan but a very large percentage of last as well. It took the manager far to long to make the changes to the team that nearly kept us up. Another manager may have brough players like Bentley and Safri into the team far earlier than Worthy. We all know what effect it had don''t we.

Hes not doing good but who better is there? Newell is aparantly quite good but i dont know who he is. If Robson wanted to come i would get worthy out but i think the coaching may need looking at too

I think we''d have to be relegated again for Delia and Michael to even consider sacking Worthy. It''s all far too cosy down there at the moment. And I''m not sure that I''d trust them to find a decent replacement either. After all, they appointed Hamilton. 

I think Ian Holloway of QPR would make an excellent NCFC manager, Mr Worthy is having a bit of a ''mare'' at this moment in time, and without an away win in the league for 15 months? Well.......... people have been given their P45''s for much less. ;~( Off the ball City!

He''s got to go. We need fresh ideas, a new approach. He was given FIFTEEN games last season (in what was a crucial season) to get the team a win. Will the board give him that same time this season? You bet they will. MADNESS.

"We have to keep going, keep believeing, and hope something will drop for us" - not a direct quote but sounds about right, very motivational don''t you think? We need someone to kick this team into action, and by coming out and saying "good performance", "good energey", "we''re not getting the breaks", after EVERY game (lose or draw) is just pathetic in my view.

He has to go.

Worthington''s position as manager is becoming increasingly untenable. With back to back league defeats at home and away events are going from bad to worse. It''s not simply the results, it''s the performances. And we haven''t been unlucky. Quality sides make their own luck.

If no reinforcements arrive in the shape of a quality centre back and midfielder before the transfer deadline, then I don''t see how our problems will improve. We can''t just bury our heads in the sand and hope it all gets better by itself.

Lose to Ipswich, and we sink into the bottom three, then Worthington will surely have to go. Then arrives the much bigger problem of who to replace him?

I hope Worthy gets busy in the transfer market, buys quality, and turns it around. If not, he only has himself to blame when he gets the boot.