Sign in to follow this  
Lynn Canary

Our so called fans are a disgrace

I cant believe how the so called Norwich fans are reacting. It seemed no matter who the board appointed, peoe werent going to be happy. Now i know most of the people on this forum are trolls and have nothing better to do with their lives except sit in front of a conputer on a messageboard pretending to be a fan. But to be slagging off a club.legend, because he has taken over the club he loves it absolutely embrassing. Every person who was linked with this job, had people moaning about them and their style or their tactics. It likes the people on this board want to club to fail just so they can post. Whenever we won games over the last couple of years, this place was silent. Yet when something went wrong, everybody came out to have a moan. And i guarentee if Adams does a good job, all those who slagged him off will fissapear, until he loses a couple of games and they will all be back out saying ''i told you so''.

We should be getting behind the club, and the manager. Most people wanted our youngsters to be more involved, and theyve a much larger chance of that happening with Adams as manager compared to Mackay or Lennon. All i can say is im happy that most of the people who pretend to be fans on here, arent actually fans of the club. All the Norwich fans i know are pleased with Adams as manager. Maybe not ecstatic, but they certainly arent crying about it and wanted him out! Im sure the actual fans will understand this appointment. And hopefully when he proves people wrong, all these trolls (and theres a lot of them) will dissapear from this board.They are the reason this messageboard has gotten worse over the years. Smudger would never have put up with any of this!

Never in our modern history has it been more vital that our new manager has contacts, experience and ability.Does Adams have those?  Proven?No, not in any way shape or form.It''s like announcing UKIP will form a government.  It might be a stroke of genius but everyone knows it will really end in a mess.

The youngsters will not get the club promoted next season and we wont have a better chance of getting back than next season before the parachute money starts dwindling.I''d love to be proved wrong but i guarantee there will be a mass exodus of the club''s better players now.

I have been a dedicated fan for 40 years and spend alot of money flying from both finland and australia to follow my beloved club. Tonights decision sickens me and many other loyal supporters.

Sorry don''t agree, this was an important appointment

I''d have more respect for adams if he''d turned the job down

The trial period was hardly a roaring success was it? Zero wins, wrong team selections,confusing tactics.

This is another gunny moment. I''d much prefer hughton still in charge if adams was the other option.

Absolute joke

Delia Smith and her cronies on the Board are the disgrace they have just dragged this club down to an all time low , people feel more gutted tonight than when we got relegated .

[quote user="ref89"]Never in our modern history has it been more vital that our new manager has contacts, experience and ability.Does Adams have those?  Proven?No, not in any way shape or form.It''s like announcing UKIP will form a government.  It might be a stroke of genius but everyone knows it will really end in a mess.[/quote]

We have you been for the last 12 months?

Contacts, experience and so called ability counted for nothing, thats why we were relegated.

H

Never in our modern history has it been more vital that our new manager has contacts, experience and ability.

Does Adams have those? Proven?

Lennon: Contacts????? English Experience???? Proven ability outside of a pub league????

Malky: Contacts??? look at his signings Experience???? Spent a fortune and got Cardiff promoted but was lucky after a horrendous run torwards the end of the season Experience????? Some, but still a rookie.

Zola: Contacts???? Not proven Experience??? Nothing too exciting almost got a great West Ham side relegated.

[quote user="Lynn Canary"]Now i know most of the people on this forum are trolls and have nothing better to do with their lives except sit in front of a conputer on a messageboard pretending to be a fan. But to be slagging off a club.legend, because he has taken over the club he loves it absolutely embrassing.[/quote]I''d say the majority of the people on this board have season tickets and are passionate fans. Might be wrong, but I''d be surprised. Maybe this outpouring of angst is the culmination of immense frustration at the way the board have handled the last 12 months?

No he may not have contacts, but surely that will be whwre the techinal director can come in useful. If he has contacts at other clubs then that could go a long way. And not every player joins a club because of who the manager is. If a club that was in premier league for last 3 years approaches you, its going to interest you, despite who the manager is.

And bo he hasnt got much expericene is senior management, but everybody has to start somewhere. Look at Mourinho,he had no great footballing history, or managed teams to titles, when he joined Porto. Yet he went on and won the Champions League. Everybody starts somewhere

Agreed wolf, just sick of the continuing mistakes this board seems to make!

Now im not saying everybody who is against this appointment isnt a true fan. Everybody is entitled to theor opinions. But people who are saying ''Adams out'' or that they should protest against the decision, im sorry, they are not true fans.

It all just seems an unnecessary gamble when really now isn''t the time for gambling. If we''d had a go this season with a more experienced manager and it had failed, i wouldn''t be averse to giving Adams the job, but this just sets us back somewhat.

[quote user="AndyCanary"]Never in our modern history has it been more vital that our new manager has contacts, experience and ability.

Lennon: Contacts????? English Experience???? Proven ability outside of a pub league????

Malky: Contacts??? look at his signings Experience???? Spent a fortune and got Cardiff promoted but was lucky after a horrendous run torwards the end of the season Experience????? Some, but still a rookie.

Zola: Contacts???? Not proven Experience??? Nothing too exciting almost got a great West Ham side relegated.[/quote]

"Great West Ham side" ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha wow is that utterly mentally challenged. Did they or did they not get relegated BTW??? Also the next years West Ham team was 150x better AND GOT RELEGATED. I''m sure that was Zola''s fault though....

So you''re really saying none of those are better on paper than Adams?  None less of a risk?Really?  Get a grip you fool.[quote user="AndyCanary"]Never in our modern history has it been more vital that our new manager has contacts, experience and ability.

Zola: Contacts???? Not proven Experience??? Nothing too exciting almost got a great West Ham side relegated.[/quote]

1. We deserve better2. Neil Adams club Legend.... really?It was vital we got the right man in, we havnt

But who would everyone have been happy with ? Malky was too defensive for people on here, Zola didnt have a good enough record and Lennon was a gamble because he had only managed in the SPL. The board not have won in this situation. No matter who they chose, people were going to moan

[quote user="Lynn Canary"]I cant believe how the so called Norwich fans are reacting. It seemed no matter who the board appointed, peoe werent going to be happy. Now i know most of the people on this forum are trolls and have nothing better to do with their lives except sit in front of a conputer on a messageboard pretending to be a fan. [/quote]

First post here so apologies for the fact that it''s negative but I had to respond to this.

If you think that it''s just a case of moaning fans with no respect maybe you should consider what happens to icons once they fail. Where is Gunny now for example?

If you have respect for Adams then surely you can understand the fear some fans foresee if he fails and he then inevitably gets sacked, there''s no pride in that.

No, YOU fool I''m saying that your grounds for writing Adams off are totally shaky.

Id rather have had Lennon and probably Malky too but I''m not going to slate Adams on the grounds where neither Lennon, Malky, or Zola are strong (like you did).

You fool.

I very rarely post on the messageboard but felt compelled to after reading the OP.

I go and watch Norwich week in week out and this season was the first in many years that we''ve had a capable playing squad suffering from a lack of man management (motivation) and tactical awareness. In Paul Lambert we had a manager who could motivate the players to perform above their abilities and if CH had half of PL''s motivational abilities we would''ve been 12-15 points better off last year.

With the same squad going down into the championship what was required from the board was an appointment that was the opposite of CH. Someone to make the most of our current assets (sell the deadwood still) but persuade and motivate the remaining squad members to perform as they should''ve last year. If that was achieved, with the quality of player we have in the team, we would have every chance in the championship.

With the appointment of Neil Adams we''ve gone with the safer option. Whilst his record with the youth side is excellent and he ''understands'' the club (whatever value that actually brings) what was actually needed was a man motivator with the charisma and force of character to drive our current squad of under performing players to achieve their potential. What has galled the fans isn''t Adams, it''s that the above is so bleeding obvious and the recruitment process so transparent (in that Adams wasn''t even our first choice Neil) that, at a time when we could reasonably assume to be able to attract actual managerial talent to the club that fits our remit, we''ve ended up with a novice - and one that''s failed in his five game trial run (where it should be noted most reasonable fans afforded him the space to prove his abilities)

I''ll support Adams the manager, but will hold the board accountable should he fail, as there is significant evidence to suggest he could motivate a team battling relegation in the premier league (so what chance at championship level?).

I hope I''m wrong.

[quote user="whoareyou"]The youngsters will not get the club promoted next season and we wont have a better chance of getting back than next season before the parachute money starts dwindling.I''d love to be proved wrong but i guarantee there will be a mass exodus of the club''s better players now.[/quote]The parachute money only drops to £18m the second year so it''s not quite a one season shot.

......... and one that''s failed in his five game trial run ......

That''s a Hell of a trial though. About as realistic as this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrzMhU_4m-g

Managerial career

Norwich City (Caretaker)

6 April 2014

Present record

Played 5

Won 0

Draw 1

Lost 4

A bold appointment to be sure.

[quote user="Walt"]Plastics go home!!![/quote]