Sign in to follow this  
Tommie Tippee

Big Balls

Regardless of this being a good or bad appointment, I salute Neil Adams for his massive kahunas. He knows that he has to succeed. This is his one shot. He could easily have gone to a lower league team and built himself a reputation and perhaps taken time to develop his management style. He would be allowed a few chances to try and get things right before ending up without work. But here, if he gets this wrong he will most likely find it extremely hard to find a good job afterwards. There are many first time managers in the top 2 leagues that try and fail and disappear. He gets it right and he''ll be a hero in Norfolk, his stock will increase and he can safely be reassured that he will be mentioned when vacancies appear. So I take my hat off to him and I hope his desire to not end up on the managerial scrap heap will prove the catalyst for success. He has the makings of a potentially strong manager, let''s hope this doesn''t end up a mistake for him or the club.

I was thinking something similar recently. Adams appears to be a very driven character who has set his sights high and plans to achieve at the highest level possible.

Imagine the furore on this board if Lennon / Mackay / any other manager on the planet messed up next season whilst Adams guided Oldham or similar to a league title!