Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

A breath of fresh air...

....and a new beginning.   I had no joy at the thought of Lennon or Malky being manager,  Zola didn''t really seem the right choice.  None of the candidates stood out as necessarily being better or more qualified than our last manager, tbh. 

Adams represents something more than just getting someone in for the sake of it.  He is a Norwich man - and by all accounts a good coach.  He may be inexperienced - but you have to be given the chance to get that experience somewhere along the line.  So good luck to him - he may be just what we need.

Looking on this board it looks as if quite a few fans are going to be negative about the appointment.  I keep saying about what negativity can do to a club - yet some seem hell bent on that course again.   When you have put yours toys back in the pram have a think about it and try and see the bigger picture.   It is not about "little Norwich" - its about recognising strengths and weaknesses - and seeing that as with Hughton, the board are trying to get something started.  Not just a Lennon who might come in to get experience before moving on to a bigger club.  Not just Malkay - who many have said would have been not much better than Hughton.  Not even Zola - some of you negative types would have had a field day with him in charge.   But Adams - a club man - and Stringer was a club man - someone who stepped up to the plate and grew into the job - and hopefully groom someone else up to replace him from within the club - as happened with Walker.   That''s what we will need with Adams.

So good luck Neil Adams - power to you - do well and you will silence the moaners and groaners - and that will be worth waiting for.

+1 although I quite liked the thought of Lennon.

Not because he offers any more relevant experience, just because I think he''s a good manager.

[quote user="lake district canary"]....and a new beginning.   I had no joy at the thought of Lennon or Malky being manager,  Zola didn''t really seem the right choice.  None of the candidates stood out as necessarily being better or more qualified than our last manager, tbh. 

Adams represents something more than just getting someone in for the sake of it.  He is a Norwich man - and by all accounts a good coach.  He may be inexperienced - but you have to be given the chance to get that experience somewhere along the line.  So good luck to him - he may be just what we need.

Looking on this board it looks as if quite a few fans are going to be negative about the appointment.  I keep saying about what negativity can do to a club - yet some seem hell bent on that course again.   When you have put yours toys back in the pram have a think about it and try and see the bigger picture.   It is not about "little Norwich" - its about recognising strengths and weaknesses - and seeing that as with Hughton, the board are trying to get something started.  Not just a Lennon who might come in to get experience before moving on to a bigger club.  Not just Malkay - who many have said would have been not much better than Hughton.  Not even Zola - some of you negative types would have had a field day with him in charge.   But Adams - a club man - and Stringer was a club man - someone who stepped up to the plate and grew into the job - and hopefully groom someone else up to replace him from within the club - as happened with Walker.   That''s what we will need with Adams.

So good luck Neil Adams - power to you - do well and you will silence the moaners and groaners - and that will be worth waiting for.

[/quote]

Clueless.

OMG what have the board done

[quote user="lake district canary"]Looking on this board it looks as if quite a few fans are going to be negative about the appointment.  I keep saying about what negativity can do to a club - yet some seem hell bent on that course again.   When you have put yours toys back in the pram have a think about it and try and see the bigger picture.   It is not about "little Norwich" - its about recognising strengths and weaknesses - and seeing that as with Hughton, the board are trying to get something started.  Not just a Lennon who might come in to get experience before moving on to a bigger club.  Not just Malkay - who many have said would have been not much better than Hughton. [/quote]

I can''t back something I don''t agree with and to me personally what we needed now was that X,Y or Z to get us back to the premiership first time around. And so yes if they left for better things fair enough upon us getting promoted we''d be in the premier league.

Under Adams if we don''t go up first time round it''s going to be a slow drawn process to get back up. An NCFC that time around if looking for another new manager, much less of a prospect than one now.

Apart from its not because he''s been here for the last Month and a half, infact he saw us get relegated having got one point out of 15, not that he can be blamed for all of that when talking about the season as a whole.

Anyway, that was my last post today so don''t bother replying Brienne, on what imo has been a bad day for the club. But we''ll see I guess, onwards and hopefully upwards.

Lakey, if you could have restricted your input to this portion;

"Adams represents something more than just getting someone in for the sake of it.  He is a Norwich man - and by all accounts a good coach.  He may be inexperienced - but you have to be given the chance to get that experience somewhere along the line.  So good luck to him - he may be just what we need"

...then I would say that''s a pretty good assessment. It doesn''t make predictions of success but is a message of hope that may just come off.

Unfortunately, your other embellishments were superfluous and, unfortunately, you could not resist the urge to add Hughton''s name for the umpteenth time.

Good post LDC, wholeheartedly agree with your statements. None of the candidates excited me in particular, and if they did not impress in interviews, or weren''t committed to the role, why not stick with someone who will do their very best for the club?

What I would say is that any managerial appointment is a risk, and as long as the board prevent things dragging out if they are a bit of a disaster (as with Hughton) I think it is a risk worth taking.

Bury Yellow - why don''t you go and implode on twitter if reading three hundred words is a bit too much for you to handle.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]Lakey, if you could have restricted your input to this portion;

"Adams represents something more than just getting someone in for the sake of it.  He is a Norwich man - and by all accounts a good coach.  He may be inexperienced - but you have to be given the chance to get that experience somewhere along the line.  So good luck to him - he may be just what we need"

...then I would say that''s a pretty good assessment. It doesn''t make predictions of success but is a message of hope that may just come off.

Unfortunately, your other embellishments were superfluous and, unfortunately, you could not resist the urge to add Hughton''s name for the umpteenth time.

[/quote]

How strange it must be to be so perfect and to be able to know exactly what other people should say or not say......but thank you for pointing out something you agreed with too. 

As for mentioning Hughton - he is still relevant to discussions as we are trying to replace him with something better.  That, it appears has not been easy, either in November, January or May.    

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="YankeeCanary"]Lakey, if you could have restricted your input to this portion;

[/quote]

How strange it must be to be so perfect and to be able to know exactly what other people should say or not say......but thank you for pointing out something you agreed with too. 

As for mentioning Hughton - he is still relevant to discussions as we are trying to replace him with something better.  That, it appears has not been easy, either in November, January or May.     [/quote]

And this is from LDC who said Hughton would pull it around time after time after time, do not panic etc notice he does not mention like the Board he got that TOTALLY WRONG !

So he will not be surprised that I think just like the Board he has got this totally wrong!

Let us see who is right by Xmas , I was right last year and I will be this year. Mid table at best just enough to keep hoping for a late surge which will never come as our parachute money goes down the drain!

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="YankeeCanary"]Lakey, if you could have restricted your input to this portion;

[/quote]

As for mentioning Hughton - he is still relevant to discussions as we are trying to replace him with something better.  That, it appears has not been easy, either in November, January or May.  

[/quote]

It''s not strange at all. I''ve gotten quite used to it over the years.

.... I wonder if the statement they intended to appoint a Director of Football put the other candidates off?

And I wonder just who they have in mind for that?

Great post LDC.Just how we need to look at it and I agree- I was underwhelmed by the idea of Malky, Lennon or Zola.We spend so much time mocking the SPL but some were excited by a guy who only had experience there.Malky has had one success with a lot of money and may or may not have been ok... would not have been exciting though.Zola, not that convincing at Watford when all was said and done...None have vast amounts of experience which seems to be most peoples complaint about Adams. Malky and Zola only a couple of clubs and a handful of seasons. Lennon only in Scotland with one club.Adams has a few seasons at youth level that were very successful and a lot of years coaching at this club. Rehired by Lambert who many still regard as the best manager we have had in decades and moved up to a higher level by him too.For those who say if there was nobody in December but why is Adams good enough now. I believe it is because it is a different challenge now. Rebuild in the Championship not compete with the best in the world. I do not think we are that likely to go straight back up, not under Adams and not under anyone else. I hope this appointment is about building a strong squad next year that can get close and then the pressure should be to go up the following year.At that point Adams will be a manager with a lot of club experience and two seasons of management experience to take into the Premier League for the final year of his contract.Sure it''s a risk but every managerial appointment is and I feel optimistic about it.