Sign in to follow this  
TheEarlyMilkman

Technical/Director of football

I am suprised by the appointment but this brings me to the conclusion that we must be appointing someone with extensive football knowledge, suggestions please?

My suggestion is Ray Wilkins or Glenn Hoddle preferably...

It will not be a big name. Almost certainly not an ex player, and that''s exactly the way it should be.

This is by far the most important decision the board have to make now. They''ve gambled on Adams''s passion, attitude and love for the club and on him being able to get fans behind him (which I think will ultimately happen). That gamble could pay off, but only if backed up by a VERY strong experienced appointment as technical director. Either an ex-manager or someone with a LOT of good contacts. Wilkins, Colin, even Hoddle much as I don''t like the guy aren''t bad shouts or I see this as an ideal role for Phelan if we can get him in.

I also hope we bring in some really good coaches with a ton of experience - no offence to Robsonand Nevin but we need someone who''s been there and done it all in the dugout. Plus the youth teams need some continuity and they were doing great work at that level - I''d like to see Robson drop back to pick up Adams''s role as U18 manager with Nevin going back to being the U21 boss, new blood added to all levels and a closer relationship between the different teams and coaching staff, especially as with 4-5 youngsters likely coming through to the first team in the next season or two, they will need to overlap anyhow.

[quote user="andyc24_uk"]This is by far the most important decision the board have to make now. They''ve gambled on Adams''s passion, attitude and love for the club and on him being able to get fans behind him (which I think will ultimately happen). That gamble could pay off, but only if backed up by a VERY strong experienced appointment as technical director. Either an ex-manager or someone with a LOT of good contacts. Wilkins, Colin, even Hoddle much as I don''t like the guy aren''t bad shouts or I see this as an ideal role for Phelan if we can get him in.

I also hope we bring in some really good coaches with a ton of experience - no offence to Robsonand Nevin but we need someone who''s been there and done it all in the dugout. Plus the youth teams need some continuity and they were doing great work at that level - I''d like to see Robson drop back to pick up Adams''s role as U18 manager with Nevin going back to being the U21 boss, new blood added to all levels and a closer relationship between the different teams and coaching staff, especially as with 4-5 youngsters likely coming through to the first team in the next season or two, they will need to overlap anyhow.[/quote]Spot on.

How does Rick Martin academy manager suit you.

Because the job is his, same three year contract!