Sign in to follow this  
Eadies Left, Hucks Right, Iwans Heed, Holts Laugh!

Adams, Technical Director, Lennon and The Board

Just a few points on the above, the Technical Director position now becomes hugely important, if it is Ricky Martin then we have two very inexperienced (at highest level) people in charge of team affairs, for me it needs to be someone with experience.

I was one of those who was hoping Lennon would get Managers gig but realistically it would have been hard to draw him here and maybe he doesn''t want to work with a Technical Director anyway.

The board are a joke and make a rod for their own backs by spouting rubbish on the radio, no one in Jan, next few days, its complicated what a load of tripe it was just to try and soften us up for Adams or maybe we were rejected by others?

And finally Neil himself, well like many others I''m fairly underwhelmed however, he has my full support in the role and a fresh start from August as he was on a hiding to nothing last season. I think its a risk and a risk I hoped we had learnt from with Peter Grant as it seems all the same talk excellent coach etc but is he a manager??? Well as I said I wanted Lennon but when he got Celtic gig he was at coach with no management experience so what is to say that Adams couldn''t do as well as a manager or better, he could be the next Walker, Stringer or even the next Daglish everyone has to start somewhere so lets draw a line under it, can''t changed what is done and get behind Neil and the boys for the new season.

I agree, Adams needs to be given the summer and the transfer window to sort out the squad. While underwhelmed our club has a history of managers recuited from within doing well, just as the club has a history of lower league players flourishing and developing with us better than players from the continent. To be honest worst case scenario is Adams fails and we look at new options mid season, I didn''t find many of the names mentioned awe inspiring in any case, although would have gone for Lennon personally.