Sign in to follow this  
splutcho

Alex Tettey

https://twitter.com/AaronNcfcTye/status/469593771253182464/photo/1

Best news I''ve heard all night. If someone could sort the link for me, doesn''t seem to want to do it on Chrome.

Good man. Will be interesting after all the moaning and groaning to see which players actually want OUT ...

If only Instagram were a binding contract. Good for him if he follows through but I think he could quite well earn a contract at a Premier League club.

As I keep saying it''s MASSIVELY unlikely that the board would have made this appointment if it wasn''t popular with the players.

Expect to see more of this.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]Errr yeah, the same Alex Tettey who put himself in the shop window earlier this week declaring himself open to leaving Norwich City.[/quote]No, the same Tettey that said it was important to him to keep being selected for his national side and that to help guarantee this he needed to be playing at as high a level as possible.There''s a big difference between actively looking to engineer yourself a move away, and simply having concerns about the impact a relegation will have on your potential national team selection prospects.I very much got the impression that Tettey is happy to be here, but that if a decent prem club came calling, then he''d want to speak to them - and who can blame him tbh???

Tettey dont noraly play imortent games for Norway. It was more about finding a new club then the Norweganian national team.

CJF - erm, no he didn''t. I think it was well discussed at the time that it was journalistic licence with translation and interpretation.

He didn''t say I want to live, he just expressed being unsure about his future at that time as any new manager coming in may not want him.

Im from Norway I do understand Norwegan. (My english in writhing on the other hand) He was saying that he wanted to play in a higher league. And that his agent was woking on it.And he told this to Norwegian tv2 and a Norwegian newspaper.He felt he have done more then enough to play in premier league. Sorry to diseppoint

And do you believe everything the newspapers say Mr Olano? Did you hear him say these things himself? Are you aware that journalists will take things that were said out of context to try and make a story?

Fact is, last night he said he was staying. That''s good enough for me.

Adressavisen is a local trustworty (sport) newspaper in my and Tetteys local town Trondheim. This is not the sun ore teamtalk. This is a paper that talk to the player every day he is at training with Rosenborg (he is training with Rosenborg now days) So yes I belive Adressavisen when they talk about Tettey.

So why would he say to a fan that he was staying when he could have just as easily said nothing?

I don`t know. But perhaps he is afraid he will not find  a new club ore that Norwich want sell. Then its important for him that the new manag (Adams) likes him. Tettey did say he was sad to see Hugton go.

splutcho wrote the following post at 2014-05-23 1:22 PM:

So why would he say to a fan that he was staying when he could have just as easily said nothing?

Errrr, because he is far far away from Norwich and the UK - he will use his twitter account to day whatever city fans want to hear - in this respect of the question answered what did you expect him to say, yeah I''m on the way out, can''t do championship football, and Adams is shite!

Exactly!

Tettey will be gone within the next eight weeks iMO.

Could have just as easily said nothing. Has no reason to say what people want to hear.

And in addition, why am I even bothering debating with the most obvious troll this board has ever seen?

Hope you are not calling me a troll. Im a Norwich suporter for 28 years. Normaly on the Norwich city mad forum. But post on pinkun when its related to Norway.  (Tetteys wife told Adressavisa the 16 of may that she whanted to move back to Trondheim)

Look, as Andy said, this appointment will not have been made without a very good understanding that it is supported by the players.

All the drama queens that are trying to create an impression of disharmony had best put their knitting away

lol. Think me and splutcho had a nice conversation :-) Hope you are right and im wrong about Tettey splutcho :-)