Sign in to follow this  
Capt_Canary

Why Do Fans Rate McNally

Not being funny if he was as shrewd as some people believe he would not have come to Norwich in League One

There is a reason he is no longer at Celtic and Fulham

He got lucky with Lambert but it was he who was responsible for turning this club around by on the field football success not McNally behind the scenes.

Lambert made this club profitable and cleared our debts getting us to the promise land

McNally hired Hughton (mistake) and kept him on too long despite obvious signs (mistake) and the he commits to hiring a manager within a week and then within days both of which failed and now we hire a Radio Norfolk commentator

Saved our club

You are a s4it excuse for a fan

Full stop

You really aren''t all that smart are you?

He was sales and marketing director at Celtic and was credited to doubling their off field revenue.

If you think that coming to a club about to go into administration in league 1 and taking them out of debt into the premier league shows he''s not shrewd then you are dafter than I can find a word to describe.

Besides your timelines are wrong.

So educated our fans? Do we really have that many fans unable to string a sentence together

McNally sounds great at Celtic why did he join us in League One again?

He has made more mistakes than good decisions imo

Sales and marketing director

>

Managing Director

>

CEO

You see what''s occurred there? It''s call career progression.

As the OP says, the CEO did superbly with Lambert. Since then, my concern is that the CEO has too often become a part of the story, if not the story. The truth about Lambert''s departure has of course yet to emerge. Norwich is a small place and I have heard the Lambert camp''s side of that story story. I can''t know if their account is true, and I make no judgement about it. I''m old enough to know that there will be another side to the story. It''s clear, however, that the CEO and Lambert fell out in a big way, and that this was a factor (I put it neutrally) in Lambert''s departure.

Having fallen out with Lambert, the CEO then fell out with the team captain and three times player of the season - Holty implied as much in a subsequent interview widely discussed on this site. Again, I can''t know the truth of what happened, nor would I presume to say who was in the right. But, again, it may be that the CEO and our team captain fell out, and that this was a factor in Holty''s departure. If the CEO at, say, Manchester United, had fallen out with Sir Alex Ferguson, and then with Wayne Rooney, who would leave the club? It wouldn''t have been the manager, or the top player, that''s for sure. But at little Norwich, the CEO has been able to dig in, and the manager and team captain left. I''m not saying they wouldn''t have gone anyway, I can''t know that: the point is that in each case a falling out with the CEO appears to have been a factor in their going.

After Lambert''s departure, as the OP says, the CEO appointed Hughton. There have been reports on these forums about conversations with Board Members after Christmas suggesting that many wanted Hughton out earlier, and that the CEO was a strong voice in favour of keeping his man. More recently, if Charlie Wyatt is to be believed (and he appears to have good contacts at the club) we made an offer to Malky, but couldn''t see that offer through. Delia''s warm friendship with Malky is well known, and the CEO"s Radio Norfolk remarks about Malky ("I don''t know the man" were luke warm at best) so it''s likely that either the CEO failed to tie up a deal that the majority shareholder and the Board wanted (bad) or that Adams is now the CEO''s man, that he didn''t want Malky, and he saw to it that his man got the job (worse).

I''m City ''till I die, and I''m hoping for good football under Adams, to see the young players brought through, and if we win promotion that would be the icing on the cake. If we do, the CEO will be hailed as a genius again, and that''s fine by me. I will join in the applause. But I suspect the mark of a good CEO is that he or she is calm, determined, a strong character, but above all that they are not noticed and that they never become a major part of the story. The ship should continue serenely on its path, and if the fans are unaware of how hard the CEO is working to achieve that, then that''s the best sign that he''s doing his job. I''m backing Adams, I''m backing the club, and I''m backing the CEO. But, Mr McNally, Sir, please let''s have the focus on our young manager and our (hopefully) young squad, and not on you. Not on your supposed genius, nor on allegations about your competence. If we''re still discussing you this time next year, then you would have failed.

OTBC.

I''m increasingly of the view he just got lucky by appointing Lambert and has dined out on it since whikst being paid very handsomely. Clearing the debts was really just a by product of getting promoted to the prem. other than that he seems to have alienated a lot of people and in the last 12 months where we have really needed the board to be decisive they have been anything but. Whether this is due to boardroom splits leading to inaction or our CEO losing the plot im not sure.

As long as he doesn''t come up with any crackpot schemes to build hotels on the side of the stadium or try and get us promoted by loaning in two premier league strikers until January without a contingency plan for when they leave I''m pretty happy with him. #atleastheisntfuckingdoncaster