Sign in to follow this  
writeronthestorm

An Optomistic View

We keep the majority of our squad together with the youth players stepping up and playing with no fear/respect for the oppposition.

RVW gets over his troublesome toe and forms a partnership with Hoooper up front with Becchio brought in from the cold and Carlton Morris rattling defenders when given the opportunity.

Marauding wingers and attacking flair.

Crowd-pleasing football and results to match

Let the good times roll...

Not saying I don''t have my doubts, but it could as easily go well as it could go sour

We could be the surprise package of the division. We were the favourites to go back up, I suspect that won''t be the case now. It could work in our favour as other teams might underestimate us.

(I''m trying to clutch as many straws as possible in the hope I can somehow make sense of this appointment).

If Adams can cut out the mistakes, which in the last five games were enough to condemn us to relegation, we could indeed be something of a surprise. In those games he was badly let down, even if he was attempting to be defensive.

I think we also need one or two astute signings, especially centre back and striker, and perhaps a creative midfielder, if Fer goes.

In Adams we have have a thoughtful and perceptive manager. He is firm - relegating the not-trying Fer and the not-scoring strikers to the bench. Above all, he is not afraid to change. The players seem to approve - Tettey this morning, Ruddy previously, and Martin.

Shall we be up with the top teams in the Championship by Christmas? Possibly, but there are some big-spending clubs in the division, and with good players. It is not going to be a stroll in the sun.

Given his contacts with younger players, so long as the coming season is not an absolute disaster I am optimistic about the future of our club.

If Ricky can get down the gym in summer and stay on board, we''ve potentially got a cracking striker on board. Then he needs to stop fannying around with Bradley Johnson and get a Tettey/ Fer partnership going, two players with bags of energy and quality to boot. Then replace Bassong with a maybe slightly less talented but more hungry CB, renew Turner and have Benno as an option.

Wingers we''ve got plenty of even if Snoddy goes, if indeed Olsson goes and Garrido stays, we have a set piece taker right there, one of the best around. Ruddy either stays or Rudd gets his big chance, with the reliable Bunn there if that goes tits up.

Hopefully we don''t just soak up pressure until there''s no more give like under Hughton. It is all one big unnecessary gamble though, let''s just hope it pays off. I''d like someone like Glen Hoddle in as the DoF. He''s good with youth players and has some great experience.

[quote user="Jenkins"]Good time to have a bet Brentwood, let the good times roll![/quote]

I very much doubt you will see RVW, Hooper, Becchio, Hoolahan, Pilkington, Bassong, Olsson in a yellow shirt again.