Sign in to follow this  
Mr Young

Why Adams got the job?

I''m pleased for Adams and I''m pleased the board have appointed him. I didn''t think it would be him but, for me, I think it shows a positive approach from the board.

I''ve been saying for a long time that we need to get back to playing ''the Norwich Way'', the football we saw from John Bond to Mike Walker. I honestly think that Adams got the job because he was more than happy to try and deliver this. Perhaps the other candidates were not happy with this. I don''t know. But what we need right now is to get our football soul back and to play football the right way. Of course, results will, as ever, be essential. But I honestly believe we can make this work. Football is all about glory. We don''t want to be grinding out results week in week out, we''ve learnt that. We want passion, technique, and I think we could be working towards that.

I may be wrong, it may be just a cheap appointment. But I very much doubt it.

Maybe because other managers are more concerned with trying to win and get promotion than playing a way to please the board/fans.

Let''s face it, we were turned down by other choices

Rogue Baboon: "Let''s face it, we were turned down by other choices "

Not so much turned down I fancy as messed around. Add to that Adams can pick players, coach players, inspire players, probably retain the key youth players - and I can see why Glenn Roeder has not commented yet.

If we were turned down by other choices then I would rather have someone here who wants desperately to be here than someone who doesn''t.

I agree that''s it''s about results, of course it is. But we all know we need more. Lose with pride and skill, win with pride and skill.

Adams already seems to have alienated Bassong, Hoolahan, Pilkington, Gutierrez, Becchio, Hooper and RVW.That leaves us with no strikers, no creativity and a complete rebuilding job required.I''m not sure things could get any worse.I actually feel sorry for Adams for him being allowed to get in this position.

I''m fairly sure a rebuilding job is needed anyhow. Those players have proved they are not good enough.

When we went one nil down against the mighty Fulham I was amazed at how simple decisions, passes were simply not seen. I understand that a lack of confidence could be partly to blame but, frankly, if you can''t pass or think fast enough at this level then they need to go.

Although disappointed to start with I will support Neil and hopes he uses the knowledge that he has of the club and all the players at the club to bring us success.

I sincerely hopes he is his own man and brings a new outlook to the pitch and that we entertain as well as get results.

Being so close to the players he must know, in his own mind, who needs to go, and who needs to stay.

Good luck Neil.

Adams got the job because he was the third choice candidate, and the first two choices turned us down.

And why wouldn''t they? Both Lennon and Mackay are looking for Premier League jobs - they are both in a position where they can go for the two currently available, or sit tight and hold out for the next one that comes up. Probably half of next seasons PL clubs will change manager within the next 12 months, if current trends are anything to go by, so there is really no need for ambitious people like Lennon or Mackay to drop down to the Championship.

Let''s be honest, now we have been relegated we are no longer a particularly attractive option for a manager, so the board were forced to give the job to the only person who really wanted it.

It''s quite simple, really.

Maybe those who turned us down didn''t get their varying T&Cs rubber stamped if XY & Z happens in following seasons?

Malky wants reassurance that if prompted, he stays.

Lennon wants a fix pot of gold, hence why he left Celtic.

Zola got cocky about a certain back heel saying we could go for decent cup runs.

And so on.

Adams a yes man, saves money by trying more youngsters. Maybe, just maybe he can play the passing game along the ground and work on dominating that midfield where the above probably cannot? It may be his type of league to build experience. Who knows though.

How do we know that others turned us down? I don''t think that Lennon was ever seriously interested in us, as he wanted the challenge of the Premiership.

We don''t know how many candidates we approached, or were on the short-list. We don''t know how many applied from their own initiative. If there were many candidates the process of whittling them down to a handful could explain at least a week. We are assuming that others rejected us because the process took longer than expected. Part of this could have been because of the decision to have Director of Football, or whatever. This would obviously complicate discussions.

I am glad that the process took a long while, if it indicates that advice was sought from independent experts, and if the interviewing process was thorough. I had been concerned that we would get a manager who had failed previously or one who was going to use us as a stepping stone to higher things. Instead we have a manager who is completely committed to us and who has demonstrated qualities of thought and personality which commended him to the Board, and to many fans.