Sign in to follow this  
Holtcantshoot

Johan Elmander

He was favoured by Neil Adams towards the end of the season.Can anyone see him making a comeback to Carrow Road next year to lead our valiant fight for a quick return to the Premier League?

He was favoured by Adams because of the system that was being employed.

I hoped when he took over that there would be changes to the system of play but realise now how difficult that it would have been at that time of the season.

It is different now as he has a whole close season to bring in new players and prepare the team the way he wants it.

I cannot believe we will be playing the same way as last season and as such cannot believe we will be playing the same players.

No thanks, not in the slightest! I''d rather Morris and Loza got a chance than that. For me, it has to be someone proven to be a bully on the pitch like Ameobi, Holt, Carlton Cole or Troy Deeney. I''d rather Becchio was given that role too. Pick two from them and i''ll be happy, not Elmander though who can''t hit a barn door it seems.

Adams was constrained at the end of last season to use the players Hughton had assembled, such as elmander. Hopefully next season Adams will have more luxury to choose players he wants rather than he inherited to perform the jobs he wants in the team. Whether that includes elmander it remains to be seen.

But either way, I''m sure he''ll be a lot better in the championship than he was in the premiership if he does remain. Jury is out on the wolf though, although he surely couldn''t be any worse...

He was never going to be a prolific scorer in the Premiership, and I suspect Hughton in panic signed him as a target man. If you lack the pace and passing skill required to be a quick raiding team, then a target man becomes necessary.

Will he be needed in the Championship, assuming that he and his Turkish club agree? I would hope less needed, if Adams gets his team to pass and move as he wishes.

I was impressed by him. He was a tireless worker, and he made some good lay-offs, but I hope that our style of play is different, and that we do not have to pay good money for a player approaching the end of his career.