Sign in to follow this  
Capt_Canary

4 Losses, 1 Draw

Inspired original post. I was beginning to think I''d dreamt the Adams appointment there are so few posts on it..

Wait, no there are thousands of drossy sh1te like this one..

4 1/2 of those games we failed to score. A goal difference of my -8 after 5 games. And finishing a must win game 0-0 with no strikers on the pitch.

Inspiring choice for promotion favourites

This is why the doomsday fools have zero credibility you of utterly daft things like compare a run in against the teams we had with what Gunn had.

[quote user="AndyCanary"]4 and a half? Grow up.[/quote] in 1 half against Liverpool we scored twice. We failed to score in the rest of games.

Ok, we only scored in 1 out of 4 games. Better?

I think its a bit unfair not to mention moronic to judge Adams on the last five games of last season. He had been handed a poison chalice and it would have taken a miracle to get 3 points out of any of those games. We were down before he got the job thanks to the poor performances under Hughton.

It seems very likely that he wasn''t first choice but other candidates refused offers. Adams was the best option available.

Now that the dust has settled, the pants can be dried off and we need to get behind the team.

The time to judge Adams is after the transfer window has shut and after his first 6 - 10 games. This will show us what he''s made of. Until then lets just cut the vitriol and be positive.

Totally agree - He was more interested in getting the draw for his CV and enhancing his chances of securing the job in the Championship than going for it in the last 10 minutes and securing our Premiership safety which would likely have seen a more experienced name appointed. Two unused subs in a game we HAD to win. Grrrrrrrr ! 

I dont like to be rude but I do have to say that anyone who is judging our new managers credentials purely on performances in those last five games has no grip on reality.

I wonder about their true motivation?

Memories are short. From the beginning of the season we new that we would struggle to get much from the last four games.

It was made harder, when non-strikers accumulated about three times as many goals as the strikers.

In the event the teams let us down by spurning chances and conceding goals from terrible errors. He didn''t have to say it, but McN was quoted as saying that despite the low points return the Board were very impressed by the way Adams proceeded.

The appointment may prove to be a mistake, but for me also Adams has shown enough intelligence, bravery and flexibility to suggest that if we can sign a few good players, further develop the youngsters and correct the regular errors by all parts of the team, then we might have the basis for success.

Adams is a radio presenter and a poor one at that , his 5 games in charge we were worse than with Hughton , hes a fraud of a manager appointed by a fraud of an owner . Watch the parachute payments vanish into thin air next .

[quote user="PrisonerCellBlockA"]Totally agree - He was more interested in getting the draw for his CV and enhancing his chances of securing the job in the Championship than going for it in the last 10 minutes and securing our Premiership safety which would likely have seen a more experienced name appointed. Two unused subs in a game we HAD to win. Grrrrrrrr ! [/quote]

I didn''t think people with this low level of intelligence actually existed. You can''t actually believe this is true?

Brightside wrote the following post at 23/05/2014 10:26 AM:

PrisonerCellBlockA wrote:
Totally agree - He was more interested in getting the draw for his CV and enhancing his chances of securing the job in the Championship than going for it in the last 10 minutes and securing our Premiership safety which would likely have seen a more experienced name appointed. Two unused subs in a game we HAD to win. Grrrrrrrr !

I didn''t think people with this low level of intelligence actually existed. You can''t actually believe this is true?

Some people just love a conspiracy story, and the more bizarre the more they love it. Of course its all bollax mind you!

The five matches Adams oversaw have little bearing on how well he''ll do in the coming season. The figures don''t reflect how very unfortunate Norwich were at Fulham nor that the final four games (as the media constantly reminded us) were against very tough opposition; and if you didn''t already know your fate then Moyes being sacked a few days before you went to Old Trafford, so that Norwich and only Norwich got the full force of "The Giggs Effect" surely told you.

I''m not a Norwich City supporter but I can''t understand just how negatively the overwhelming majority of you have responded to Neil Adams being given the job. Obviously, Mackay has proved he can win The Championship but the others being linked wouldn''t have appealed to me.

Lennon, I''d have been most unhappy if a man whose only experience was at Celtic had come to my club. Don''t forget he was 45 minutes away from the sack at one point in his career up there.

Sherwood, little more experience than Adams. He might turn out to be an excellent manager but he''d have been as much of a risk as Adams.

Zola, one of the finest footballers and nicest fellows to play in The PL. But as a manager, failure all along I''m afraid; and oh how Watford fans must feel. Their board dumped Sean Dyche to bring in the glamorous outsider and we know how that has played out for Watford and Mr Dyche.

I''m very optimistic about Norwich City''s chances with Neil Adams as Manager. Of course it could be a disaster, every appointment is a gamble, however experienced a manager is and whatever his previous record. But I''ll be following your progress and wish you well.

You can''t seriously have thought he did well in the chelsea game. No striker on the pitch at the end, a draw was no good to us in any way shape or form.

The team selections playing Russell Martin at cb omg

Those five games should definatly be taken into account

There wasn''t and still aren''t any good reasons to have appointed him. Not one, and before anybody mentions the FA cup how''d the youths get on in the u 18s league?

Ridiculous

If there''s a place to nominate the daftest thread of the season and can I still put this one in ?

Anyone who thinks defeats against Man United, Liverpool and Arsenal, and away at Fulham, are enough to rule someone out from the Norwich job is just clueless.