Sign in to follow this  
simmo_2

At the moment we are joint favourites to win Championship

Yes - we appointed a manager who got us playing some decent stuff and the fact we have a strong championship squad.

I''m utterly baffled at the reaction on here.

[quote user="simmo_2"]Do the bookmakers know something we don''t?[/quote]

No they don''t.

Newly relegated clubs are always the favourites to go back up, at least to begin with.

I thought everyone would be please that we didn''t risk it all with Lennon or Malky.

Nicko, we played no decent stuff under Adams bar 45 minutes against Liverpool. And even Hughton managed some good performances at home to top four teams.

Fulham away? Chelsea? We went to Stamford Bridge and got a draw, could have won it with Snodgrass.

Jose Mourinho has lost once at Stamford Bridge in both stints as boss.

Fulham away, we lost to a relegation rival and scored no goals against a dead duck that had conceded more at home than anyone else.

Chelsea away, we needed a win to keep our slim hopes alive, we parked the bus and finished the game with no strikers. Poor.

Wake up.

[quote user="Nicko"]I thought everyone would be pleased that we didn''t risk it all with Lennon or Malky.[/quote]I think people feel that we have risked it all with Adams instead. Whoever was appointed would be a gamble, I just think that appointing a manager with experience at this level would have been less of a gamble. I genuinely don''t know how I feel about this appointment. I trust our board but in my gut something doesn''t feel right.As for being joint favourites.....I would read nothing into that at this point. There will be a lot of changes within the Championship before next season and I am sure betting odds will change accordingly. Moo

Got to say we were unlucky at Fulham. Can''t excuse the result but I was encouraged by the football we played.

Re. Chelsea: You have 3 strikers on the bench who haven''t scored a goal in months. Or Redmond who terrorises defences with his pace.

So, the question really is; would you prefer to score no goals or bring on a player who causes problems?

[quote user="Nicko"]Yes - we appointed a manager who got us playing some decent stuff and the fact we have a strong championship squad.

I''m utterly baffled at the reaction on here.[/quote]

Football at this level is very competitive and dog eat dog. To suceed you need to be ruthless astute and knowledgeable.

What Norwich have done is taken a terrible risk since all admit we need to bounce back and next year in reality is the best bet with parachute payments.

We have put an inexperienced manager who has never dabbled in the real transfer market or dealt with experienced professionals and rate him above all the other managers available and there are plenty especially good ones in League 1 who have done their time .

McNally always said he planned for all eventuallities and relegation must have been one of them, so where are those up and coming managers like Lambert he should have been after!

Sooner or later the truth will come out about why we failed to secure the first choice and why we did not even approach a manager like Lennon!

What we have done has not been done at this club since the days of Stringer and succeeded that is what worries most fans to be honest.

No one wants us to fall further down the league tables but I suspect by August Adams will be left with a rump of players no one else wants as surely no player with ambition will want to join little Norwich.

Adams will have huge pressure on him in those first few games and this will be felt by the players . Not the best recipe for success!

If we were unlucky at Fulham we were unlucky at Cardiff and at West Ham and many others.