Sign in to follow this  
NavMan

Why kick off so late

Can anyone answer me as to why our game tonight is an evening kick off when every other game is either a lunch time or three o''clock kick off.

[quote]I was wondering the same thing. Maybe sky were going to televise it, but then decide to show a differetn game?[/quote]

The TV schedule was decided before the season, so the game wouldnt have been changed. I thought that maybe Port Vale were playing at home, so they may have staggered the kick off times, but they are away. So im not sure, its down to the stoke officials, I can only assume that for some reason they will have thought they would attract a higher attendance if they played in the evening.

its because we are special!

or so it gives us time to sabotage the other team!

Look at it this way, it is five more hours for the players to recover from the game on Saturday.

For anyone who wasn''t listening to the pre-match chat on Radio Norfolk tonight, the reason apparently is that lots of the factories around Stoke work on Bank Holidays, so the club thinks they can get more fans into the ground if the match is played when the workers have finished for the day. 

[quote]For anyone who wasn''t listening to the pre-match chat on Radio Norfolk tonight, the reason apparently is that lots of the factories around Stoke work on Bank Holidays, so the club thinks they can get ...[/quote]

Cheers for that Brum, assumed it was something along those lines.