Sign in to follow this  
Canary Poirot

What style of play did our youth team play under Adams?

I would really like to know what sort of tactics and style of play Adams employed in the youth side because it''ll give a guide to how our first team plays next season. I''ll back Adams as long as he avoids the dreadful drab defensive tactics and formation Hughton employed for the past two seasons. If Adams plays one up top with two wide strikers, I hope he''s gone by November because watching that kind of footballs again will be intolerable.

4-3-3 attacking with two wide wingers, a target man and holding midfielder for the most part. Entertaining but leaks goals.

From what I saw he simply played to the strengths of the team. Pacey wingers, a strong forward and busy players in the middle of the park. I believe it was a 451/433 that a majority of teams play. Wasn''t bad to watch though because the players were confident on the ball and in attacking. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hadltmDBHQc

How very dare you come on these forums today with your interesting relevant post!

Don''t you know these types of post are banned whilst we remain in hysterics for at least another 2 days.

So inconsiderate.

He played to the strengths of the team because he is an excellent tactician and strategist.

We will do well next season.

Just watched that video Keiran - the youth team played some beautiful attacking football.

And it''s all relative.. You can claim the opposition is weaker but so are the players for us. It''s all about getting our players to perform at the right level and Adams did that with the youth squad. Perhaps even better, nobody would expect Norwich youth to best Chelsea.

We have a premier league squad even if we lose our recent acquisitions. We''ll do well.

After the first few games next season, when people are able to see what he can actually do with a squad when he has had chance to build coach and gel the team, the white flag waving will stop and people realise what an excellent decision we have made.

So many opinions at the moment which are completely ill informed and in fact looking for reason not to support our man!

I would have thought real supporters would know.

Looking forward to some goals next season , even if we do leak a few as well it will be a massive improvement on the past couple of years

The type of football Norwich fans wanted under Hughton

But it doesn''t count, because he''s a "radio host"

Yeah, never saw rob and chrissie or steve wright win the FA youth cup but there you go.

Also never saw anyone else step up to the plate with a near impossible 5 games to go.

Say what you like about Neil, and people already have and it makes me ashamed what people have put but

1) he doesn''t give a s*it what you think about him

2) he''s determined to prove himself

3) he''s forgotten more about football than you know

Buh wrote the following post at 23/05/2014 9:01 AM:

The type of football Norwich fans wanted under Hughton

But it doesn''t count, because he''s a "radio host"

Yeah, never saw rob and chrissie or steve wright win the FA youth cup but there you go.

Also never saw anyone else step up to the plate with a near impossible 5 games to go.

Say what you like about Neil, and people already have and it makes me ashamed what people have put but

1) he doesn''t give a s*it what you think about him

2) he''s determined to prove himself

3) he''s forgotten more about football than you know

POST OF THE DAY Buh.

It needed to be said.

The style depended on pace and quick accurate passing. Several of the gaols were scored from close in as the result of crosses and inter-passing.

Adams has often commented on the need for pace in attack, and therefore in defence, and I expect both Josh and Benno to feature with Redders, and Pilks if he stays (fit). I think it likely that Snoddy will go, so we shall probably have a petty rapid attacking force.There is little answer to real pace, and I expect us to score freely if we can sign a striker or two and/or improve the ones who played last season.

Adams himself was an effective winger, - a change from Hughton who was a defender in his playing days, so I hope and expect a more attacking emphasis.

One thing that struck me in the latter stages of the youth cup was how well Neil''s team kept their shape. They defended as a team and broke with pace (largely through the Murphys, as has been alluded to above, but not exclusively). In the two legs of the final, Chelsea''s players were visibly more gifted on the ball, but I felt it was City''s team ethic that won them the games. I know both Murphy boys made the wrong decision with frustrating frequency (the exuberance of youth) but I felt the team as a whole neutralised Chelsea''s attacking threat well.

I have no idea whether Adams is the right man for the job or not, but I am actually looking forward ot the ride.

Yes, because knowing what he did while coaching a YOUTH CLUB will be very informative... I mean they are identically the same as pro football and it will be guaranteed to translate!