Sign in to follow this  
Daz Sparks

Conflicting message.

Did the signal that McNally sent with the "appointment in a week" lead you believe that this meant it was unlikely to be Adams?

I certainly read it that way, and I think judging by the widespread sense of being underwhelmed by the news Adams got the job, so did a fair few others.

Don''t misunderstand me though, now he is our manager, he should be judged by what he achieves, rather than judged on what may have been.

OTBC

[quote user="Daz Sparks"]Did the signal that McNally sent with the "appointment in a week" lead you believe that this meant it was unlikely to be Adams?

I certainly read it that way, and I think judging by the widespread sense of being underwhelmed by the news Adams got the job, so did a fair few others.

Don''t misunderstand me though, now he is our manager, he should be judged by what he achieves, rather than judged on what may have been.

OTBC[/quote]

Its an obvious conclusion to make, but if you take them at their word and there was a shortlist to consider, then due process might have meant that all interested parties should have a fair crack of the whip in putting their case forward to being our manager.   Actually, if there was a short list and Adams still seemed the best candidate - then that boosts his position.   If it had seemed that they would accept Adams without seeing what else was available, that would have been seen as weak.    Even if we were turned down by someone, the short list still did its job and we have someone who is well placed to take the job on as a result.

"Did the signal that McNally sent with the "appointment in a week" lead you believe that this meant it was unlikely to be Adams?"To me it meant that it was more likely to be Adams.What happened between then and yesterday is anybody''s guess.I just hope they considered all candidates, Lennon, Mackay and Zola if rumours are to be believed and presumably others who were considered but names didn''t enter the public domain.If it WAS Adams all along what was the problem? To me this has made the board look weak.