Sign in to follow this  
Mello Yello

Well Done The Board......

It really is like Munby and Doomy have been re appointed isn''t it?

Remember Munby''s speech when we appointed Gunny? I think that McN just dug out the template and changed the names.

[quote user="Graham Paddons Beard"]

Remember Munby''s speech when we appointed Gunny? I think that McN just dug out the template and changed the names.

[/quote]

No comparison. Gunn had absolutely no managerial experience !!

[quote user="paul moy"][quote user="Graham Paddons Beard"]

[/quote]

No comparison. Gunn had absolutely no managerial experience !![/quote]
I don''t think Gunn even had any coaching experience let alone managerial. At least Adams is well known for his coaching ability and has a some experience at coaching a team. 

All they have done is create a grand canyon scale division between fans of the club when it was critical that they would make an appointment which would unify the entire club. They are clueless.

Adams is no better than Gunn , if you had a poll tomorrow more people would take Hughton back than have Adams , we are the laughing stock of football .

[quote user="Phillip J Fry"][quote user="paul moy"][quote user="Graham Paddons Beard"]

[/quote] No comparison. Gunn had absolutely no managerial experience !![/quote]

I don''t think Gunn even had any coaching experience let alone managerial. At least Adams is well known for his coaching ability and has a some experience at coaching a team. 

[/quote]

Read the post. I wasn''t talking about the comparative experience, or otherwise, of Gunn or Adams , I was talking about the similarity in the rhetoric used in his appointment, by the CEO''s.

GPB,

I think Roger Munby was actualy against appointing Bryan Gunn but was out voted, so his reappointment may have been a blessing, depending of course on your point of view on the appointment of Neil Adams.

I for one will reserve judgement until the Technical Director is announced and our first results are in.

I fully expect the TD to be an experienced/big name. If this is indeed the case then effectively we will have an experienced manager with an up and coming assisstant manager in NA.

To clarify what a the role of TD, I looked it up on wikipedia and the definition is as follows;

The Technical Director (TD) or Technical Manager (TM) is usually a senior technical person within a software company, engineering firm, film studio, theatrical company or television studio. (Insert football club where apprpriate). This person usually possesses the highest level of skill within a specific technical field and may be recognized as an expert in that industry.

So we will probably have an expert in the industry mentoring a top manager in waiting, all seems pretty good to me.

[quote user="ridgeman"]Well at least Adams knows he wasn''t first choice otherwise the appointment could have been made last week.[/quote]

This is what concerns me. If Adams had been appointed immediately, think there would be less outcry. We''d all got used to the idea it would be someone else, as we all kept asking why the delay if it was going to be Adams. It really looks like other managers were our prime targets and we''ve fallen back on Adams. I kinda feel sorry for him in that respect, noone wants to feel like they werent first choice. Im sure he''ll just be delighted to have the job, but it will be another tag he''ll have to live with along with the Alan partridge radio thing

[quote user="Helsinki canary"]All they have done is create a grand canyon scale division between fans of the club when it was critical that they would make an appointment which would unify the entire club. They are clueless.[/quote]

They are brillant after a season of rubbish football, they give us a kick in the "nuts".

Debt''s been paid.......After hiding in the tunnel, it seems someone''s regained control of their train set, and the track is one big loop that started when they took over the reins of the club........"TOOT TOOT!"

Maybe those appointed to sort the club out when we were derailed 5 or so seasons ago, are now just mere ticket collectors and luggage porters?.......

"Choo Choo we''ve for our train set back"

It seems that way Mello, actually no, it is absolutely that way given recent events.

The Clown Shoes had been put in the cupboard after Gunn Gate but now they are most certainly back on and are being used with ''Furious vengeance and great anger''. Make no mistake, they are committed to getting back to the Good ol'' Days of properly fucking it up.

Strange we''ve not had so much as a word from the Chairman?

[quote user="CanaryOne"]Adams is no better than Gunn , if you had a poll tomorrow more people would take Hughton back than have Adams , we are the laughing stock of football .[/quote]

You really are clueless about Adams and Gunn.

You have no idea of tactics/coaching either, that is obvious.

Helsinki Canary posted:

"All they have done is create a grand canyon scale division between fans of the club when it was critical that they would make an appointment which would unify the entire club. They are clueless."

Can you suggest who could have bridged the canyon? It was obvious that preferences were divided, from polls. Malky had perhaps the highest support, at a little over 30%. In other words his appointment was supported by no more than one third of those who gave their preferences.

It was obviously going to be very, very difficult to find the all-uniting new manager, and I posted a few days before the announcement of Adams, appealing to fans to unite even if their own preferences were overlooked.

For his second attempted miracle, Adams is obviously going to have to impress fans sufficiently that their personal hurt can be overcome, because a Board at odds with a large fan-base who all want different things is a prescription for disaster. The decision has been made, and whatever our preference was, we have to pull together.

^^^^

Exactly what I was going to write.

There was no outstanding candidate, nobody we could have appointed would have unified the fans, basically they were in a no win situation.

So its a bit clueless to call them clueless.....

[quote user="Ray"]GPB, I think Roger Munby was actualy against appointing Bryan Gunn but was out voted, so his reappointment may have been a blessing, depending of course on your point of view on the appointment of Neil Adams. I for one will reserve judgement until the Technical Director is announced and our first results are in. I fully expect the TD to be an experienced/big name. If this is indeed the case then effectively we will have an experienced manager with an up and coming assisstant manager in NA. To clarify what a the role of TD, I looked it up on wikipedia and the definition is as follows; The Technical Director (TD) or Technical Manager (TM) is usually a senior technical person within a software company, engineering firm, film studio, theatrical company or television studio. (Insert football club where apprpriate). This person usually possesses the highest level of skill within a specific technical field and may be recognized as an expert in that industry. So we will probably have an expert in the industry mentoring a top manager in waiting, all seems pretty good to me.[/quote]

Sensible stuff Ray. Although I have no idea about Munby wanting/ not wanting Gunn, I do remember with a shivver the "Cureton followed me into the shower" routine ( or some such) to tell him how much the players wanted Gunny, and it seemed a bit like that yesterday with the Adams was the one that wanted it most.

The key to your argument is that the TD (agree the job spec is up for debate) will be an "experienced / big name" , sadly I don''t have that faith. If it is , someone who could take over the reins if it goes pear shaped or could play the "get you medals out" game  then I will feel a little happeir that there is some method in the plan, not simply saving money.

I''ve read on here that certain candidates "didnt want the job" . I have a nasty suspicion that that might translate into they didn''t want the package on offer, which is very different. Complete heresay but Adams would probably be chuffed with £100k. Most of the other candidates wouldnt get out of bed for that.

I said I while ago I "feared" Adams getting the job. I now fear Ricky Martin getting the TD gig, and dear old Steve Foley (who I like very much but last time I saw him he could harldy walk) getting something too.