Sign in to follow this  
Katie Borkins

Adams/Foley/Martin is Deehan/Butterworth/Gunn

Oh my days, have we learned nothing from the League One debacle?

What does Adams know about rebuilding a squad?

Simply awful from the Chief Exec and decision makers. No chance this was our first choice and shows how low or stock has fallen that we couldn''t attract a credible manager.

It''s like groundhog day.

I can''t believe that McNally is letting this happen. Maybe he isn''t as strong or influential as we all thought?

Clearly Delia is pulling the strings here. Sentimental decisions like this are always a recipe for disaster. I mean wtf, Steve Foley?! Is this true?! He was sacked in 2006 for not being upto the job....8 years later....!!! Only at Norwich!!!

You can see where this is heading, Foley has been a youth team coach with the scum for the last few years coupled with Adams who''s self imposed remit is to play the kids this transfer window isn''t going to amount to much as they are commited to giving us a school boy team.

Bor, Alex, Inchy,

Why don''t you wait until the appointment of the Technical Director before condeming the decsion and the club, we only have half the picture at the moment, that''s not to say it will be a big name with experience to mentor an up and coming manager in NA with contacts across Europe, but if it is, it could be very exciting.

What you (and many others) seem to be doing is reading the football results and deciding what the outcome of the game was before you hear the away score, e.g. Brentford 2 - Norwich ? and it appears you are assuming we lost, when it could just be we scored 6.

OK, it would have been a good idea if all announcements were made at the same time so we could all judge the full picture, but I have a feeling this was taken out of the Board''s hands for one reason or another.

"Little old Norwich" alive and well, nothing sly about it.  Welcome back Costa Del Colney, and I look forward to seeing how unfit and out of shape "the lads" are when they get back from pre-season.  Meanwhile no doubt we can all get excited about a couple of free transfers from Bolton Wanderers, Barnsley and maybe a left winger who is out of contract at Doncaster Rovers.  Maybe an MK Dons midfielder and a promising forward from Bury Town.For shame, McNally.  For shame.

It''s almost like the boardroom conversation was along the lines of "we''ve tried ambition and it all got a bit difficult, let''s just accept the Championship where we can compete."

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]It''s almost like the boardroom conversation was along the lines of "we''ve tried ambition and it all got a bit difficult, let''s just accept the Championship where we can compete."[/quote]

You can scoff at the idea of promoting from within, but it can work.   Just because it didn''t under Gunn, doesn''t mean it can''t work under Adams.  Its too cynical to say it can''t work. At the moment we don''t know.  It could work and for that reason we should accept it.  Any way of doing it is a gamble. Just accept it and work with it.

No mention then of Hughton, Calderwood & Trollope who presumably did know something about rebuilding a squad and who, on paper, were supposed to be top notch in every respect.Funny how people take the totally blinkered view that our ex players will fail but somebody else''s ex players will be a success.

Ray wrote the following post at 2014-05-23 1:58 PM:

Bor, Alex, Inchy,

Why don''t you wait until the appointment of the Technical Director before condeming the decsion and the club, we only have half the picture at the moment, that''s not to say it will be a big name with experience to mentor an up and coming manager in NA with contacts across Europe, but if it is, it could be very exciting.

What you (and many others) seem to be doing is reading the football results and deciding what the outcome of the game was before you hear the away score, e.g. Brentford 2 - Norwich ? and it appears you are assuming we lost, when it could just be we scored 6.

OK, it would have been a good idea if all announcements were made at the same time so we could all judge the full picture, but I have a feeling this was taken out of the Board''s hands for one reason or another.

I don''t think any technical director is going to change anything material to the appointment made. NA himself, during interview, explained the role, which did not include input by a TD into the first team picture. In fact what he described was the office ''gopher'' !